Nance vs. Romo

1,627 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Seven Costanza
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jag-wars. vs. Jag-wires.

Looks like this is McDaniels last game as a Pat

Well there's the Super Bowl...

Ooh, if the Jags can get to the 32 do you kick a FG? What about the 37 or 38? Then do you kick it?

Well, then it would be a first down...

They going to be together next year??
BMX Bandit
why wouldn't they be?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think Romo had a few too many shots of espresso yesterday, but overall, I think he was the best NFL analyst in the business this year. Given the low key mumbly manner that he often displayed as a player in front of the microphone, I never would have imagined that having too much energy at times might be his biggest hurdle to covercome as a broadcaster. But I'll take a guy that might be a little too excited to be there over the opposite any day.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Love Romo and he gives good analyses. That said he def needs to tone it down a tad and know when he's talking too much.
bbry81
Couldn't stand him. THe guy never stops talking the entire game.
Southlake
I think Nance needs to go. Keep Tony.

Actually, I think Tony would be a great OC.
ac04
nantz and romo are both great
Bunk Moreland
After watching A Football Life about John Madden, I'm convinced Romo went to him for advice before he started as an analyst.

He was fantastic this year. Nantz is great as always as the pbp guy.
Token
AG
Romo was terrible on Sunday. Dude needs to know when to shut up
MooreTrucker
AG
bbry81 said:

Couldn't stand him. THe guy never stops talking the entire game.
Except that what he was saying was outstanding analysis.
MooreTrucker
AG
Token said:

Romo was terrible on Sunday. Dude needs to know when to shut up
Dude gave awesome analysis.
aggiepaintrain
AG
I prefer Romo to anyone.

94chem
He was a bit unrestrained a few times, but overall he did a good job. He absolutely nailed the fact that Bortles would have to win the game in the 2nd half because NE would take away the run and the play action would no longer be effective.

I thought he could have provided some insight on why the Jags didn't blitz on 3rd and 18, when you can stunt, sent an extra rusher, pretty much anything other that a plain vanilla 4 man rush. Would also be interested to know why Jags didn't throw a little more on 1st down. Is 2nd and 8 really better than 2nd and 10?

My point is that when he opens his mouth to explain the game, he does a great job, and I learn a lot.
W
AG
gotta be honest...that might have been Romo's worst game in the booth this year (NE vs. Jax)
MooreTrucker
AG
W said:

gotta be honest...that might have been Romo's worst game in the booth this year (NE vs. Jax)
And still multiples better than everyone else.
Seven Costanza
AG
I think he does a good job, although I do think he will get progressively more irritating as he gets older (if he stays in this job for a long time).

I believe it was Bill Simmons that was theorizing that a guy like Romo has a ton of insight because he was just recently playing in a modern offense against these types of defenses, whereas many of the older analysts played in a different era and have been detached from the game long enough to have lost the ability to dissect plays as well as Romo. Time passes, the game adapts, still getting paid, stop spending time watching tape, lose the insight, and eventually turn into Phil Simms.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.