Consolation Bracket on ESPN Standard League

9,492 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BTKAG97
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I made the playoffs in one league...finished 5th in my other league and missed the playoffs by PF. I am wondering how the consolation bracket works...is it possible for me to move from 5th to 10th if I lose both of my two games? I am having a difficult time understanding how it works based on what it looks like on my phone. TIA
ac04
no clue, if i miss the playoffs the league is dead to me
ApachePilot
AG
ac04 said:

no clue, if i miss the playoffs the league is dead to me

Lmao! Amen
mAgnoliAg
AG
If I miss the playoffs it's never because of a PF tie. Come on dude you gotta be better than that. I've missed the playoffs before but I'm usually 1st or 2nd in league in PF and miss the playoffs somehow.
Saint Pablo
I had a rough year drafting DeMarco Murray and LeSean McCoy back to back did not work out as I had hoped and I had some really rough weeks. Huge bummer of a year
Saint Pablo
It is a competitive yearly league with my buddies from high school and we select our draft position based on where we finish, so it still matters for me unfortunately.
Obi Wan Ginobili
In our consolation bracket, the 7th seed doesn't play the 12th seed.

The matchups are 7-8, 9-10, and 11-12. No clue why.
Saint Pablo
That is the way ours are too and that is what is tripping me up...
Rossko
AG
Saint Pablo said:

It is a competitive yearly league with my buddies from high school and we select our draft position based on where we finish, so it still matters for me unfortunately.

If it actually means something, the commissioner should edit the bracket matchups like the normal playoffs (7&8 byes, 9-12, 10-11) and manually change it each week as needed. The ESPN system is useless for consolation.
gougler08
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

In our consolation bracket, the 7th seed doesn't play the 12th seed.

The matchups are 7-8, 9-10, and 11-12. No clue why.

It's a ladder system...basically if you win you move up a "rung" for next weeks matchup and if you lose you move down. They put the higher seeds at the top so that you have to lose multiple times to move down to the bottom

Basically, wherever you end up at the final week is your place in the league. Weird system for sure
BTKAG97
AG
The consolation brackets should not matter for next year's seeding. If you do not make the playoffs then your seeding should be frozen after week 13. Though this should be a question you ask your league and not TexAgs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.