Eli Manning Benched

1,292 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bunk Moreland
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have not seen it discussed on here, but man that is rough for the guy...seemed to be pretty poorly handled by NY. Any thoughts?
BBQ4Me
AG
Smart move. Team is going nowhere and they need to think about the future. Some good QB prospects in the draft and they need to evaluate if they have a potential Eli successor on the roster.
MelvinUdall
UMichAg said:

Smart move. Team is going nowhere and they need to think about the future. Some good QB prospects in the draft and they need to evaluate if they have a potential Eli successor on the roster.

With Geno Smith?
Saint Pablo
Makes sense, but it seemed to be a crappy way to treat a guy who won them two super bowls and is a likely hall of famer. They were probably going to have a top five draft pick either way.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah that's crappy.

I'm no expert but I'm pretty certain Geno Smith is not the future QB. Plus their coach will be fired after this season and the new staff will want to spend their high pick on the QB of the future.

They should've stayed with Eli to let him continue his streak and maybe keep a few more butts in the seats as they limp to the offseason.

I don't see any benefit of benching him.
Azariah
AG
If they had drafted a replacement last spring, then maybe. Geno is not the answer. This is just piss poor player relations. I guarantee you that Eli is not the problem.
Iowaggie
AG
Feel bad for the guy after seeing this interview.

Gregg Papivich
Waiting for ESPN to say he was benched for being white
ac04
Azariah said:

If they had drafted a replacement last spring, then maybe. Geno is not the answer. This is just piss poor player relations. I guarantee you that Eli is not the problem.

they drafted a QB in the 3rd round. makes no sense to play geno at all.
BMX Bandit
Giants definitely need to see how Geno Smith performs behind a patch work offensive line, with no running game and no wide receivers.

They will for sure learn whether he's the future.

hph6203
AG
UMichAg said:

This guy doesn't know who is in the roster.
Bunk Moreland
Such a garbage move. This point in the season, at 2-9 and zero help for any qb, much less Geno Smith...

It's laughable that McAdoo is still the head coach, or allow to make this call.

The worst part was they had the gall to call him in and tell him he's benched, but ask him if he'd like to start one play then come out to keep the active start streak alive.

Pure clown show in New York. Shame on the entire organization.
JTQ
Not a popular decision. NYG want to check on Davis Webb ..

just dropped Darkwa for Kenyan Drake because of the Giants situation
BMX Bandit
JTQ said:

Not a popular decision. NYG want to check on Davis Webb ..

just dropped Darkwa for Kenyan Drake because of the Giants situation
Geno is the starter
Eli is the backup

solid plan for checking on Webb this week.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Bull**** move. Long list of problems before Eli and starting Geno is a joke. If I
owned the team and got wind of move, I'd fire Mcadoo on the spot

Matsui
AG
Looks like he is "unbenched now". What an @ss McAdoo is. Ruined his streak.
Saint Pablo
Glad he is out...such a joke and unfortunate for Eli
Bunk Moreland
Matsui said:

Looks like he is "unbenched now". What an @ss McAdoo is. Ruined his streak.

Not really sure why the Giants ownership allowed it to even get to that point. McAdoo should have been run off well before. And if he said he was going to bench Eli, then they should have fired him and the GM before then.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.