Done

3,456 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggieWonWon
ScottishFire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have always been a die-hard Cowboys fan, but the NFL's incompetence and inability to take a true stance on players kneeling during the national anthem is pathetic. The fact that they vaccilate on their stance is disheartening at best. Nobody thinks of the injustice done towards blacks by policeman, when these players kneel. They just see utter disrespect for our flag, which is already front and center with the debates regarding POTUS and his calls to gold star families.
Just stand up for the anthem. How hard is this? You have the right to kneel, but the people fighting for your freedom don't deserve the slight. Use your media and microphone time to raise awareness, but please be respectful to our troops and their families with your national stance. This whole charade is out of hand, and I would never be able to pull this stunt in my line of work. I just wish that Roger would grow a pair and actually act like a CEO. Sorry for the rant, but I want to open this thread and speak freely.
JTrainsBabyCousin
Rudyjax
AG
What is the real motive?
ac04
very impressive, thanks for the update.
cochrum
AG
I agree, it is making more people mad than it is helping. And on top of that, what they are fighting for ( assume cop on black violence) is so minute compared to the other problems that are ravaging their community, such as black on black murder, fatherless families, babies out of wedlock, etc. But they like to play the race card than taking responsibility for themselves and work on these things that are far more important.
WHOOP'07!!
ZEEB
AG
Congratulations?
Goldie Wilson
ScottishFire said:

This whole charade is out of hand, and I would never be able to pull this stunt in my line of work.

This line
Gigemags382
AG
Dan 07 said:

ScottishFire said:

This whole charade is out of hand, and I would never be able to pull this stunt in my line of work.

This line

I guess congratulations is in order for being considered dispensable by his employer?
ScottishFire
AG
Aren't we all?
Jason Ag
AG
Quote:

Dear NFL,

You were doing your part to bring people together and heal the world. That's really how healing works. We heal by loving each other and leading by example; showing people what is possible when we love each other just as we are and not only recognize our differences but celebrate them and look at how we can use them together to make us jointly better than our separate parts. You were doing your part celebrating each other based on skills, talent and a joint vision without regard to color and religion.

You were doing your part and we were doing ours. We showed up cheering and groaning together to as one. We talked in the concession lines and commiserated and celebrated our team together. Did it ever occur to you that you and we were already a mix of backgrounds, races and religions? We were already living the dream you want, right in front of you.

Your desire to focus on division and anger has shattered what many people loved most about the sport. Football was really a metaphor for our ideal world -- different backgrounds, talents, political beliefs and histories as one big team with one big goal -- to do well, to win, TOGETHER.

You are asking us to abandon what we loved about togetherness and make choices of division. Will we stand with you? Will we stand with our flag? What does it mean? What does it mean if we buy a ticket or NFL gear? What does it mean if we don't? It is the polar opposite of the easy togetherness we once loved in football.

It was simple we loved you and you loved us with all of our races, religions, different backgrounds and politics. Simplicity in a crazy world was pretty awesome.

You dear NFL, have taken that. You have lost me here.

If you ever want to get off your knees and get to work on building bridges, let me know. I have found screaming about the problems in service marriages or even standing in silence in front of them, hasn't healed even one of them.

On the other hand, funding the Chris Kyle Frog Foundation, building a team and rolling up my sleeves to get in the trenches during my "off time" -- volunteering there outside of my paying jobs -- has proven to make real change.

You have a lot of strong guys, I am sure in the off season a lot of them could build some pretty big bridges if they care enough to do the hard work. That would involve getting off their knees and getting to work though. If I can do it while I raise two kids as their only parent and work through the greatest pain of my life, let's see if they can do it for the issues they say they care so much about.

Go Longhorns and Sic 'Em

Sincerely,

Taya

(Widow of Chris Kyle)
W
AG
you know back in the 1970's...the 3 most popular sports in America were:

boxing
horse racing
major league baseball

(and tennis wasn't too far behind)

things can change
BMX Bandit
Despite ratings being down, more people watch Colts v Titans than watch NL championship game 1 between cubs & dodgers.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Forum 16 is right over there, chief.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BMX Bandit
Virtue signaling cannot be confined to one board to nazi
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
It's the same brush the kneelers are using when they say cops target blacks.
Ag Natural
AG
In what other private occupations are employees forced to stand for the anthem? I've worked for a lot of companies and have never seen it from ANY CEO.
BMX Bandit
Ag Natural said:

In what other private occupations are employees forced to stand for the anthem? I've worked for a lot of companies and have never seen it from ANY CEO.

What other private employers play the national anthem during work hours?

(Your attempted comparison failed miserably, but to answer your question the NBA comes to mind)
Vernada
AG
NFL players are in no way comparable to every day white or blue collar workers. Any attempt at comparison is asinine.
Vernada
AG
And keep this garbage in /16. We don't need it here.
Rudyjax
AG
Keep in mind the NFL is one of the hardest jobs in the world to get.
Ag Natural
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Ag Natural said:

What other private employers play the national anthem during work hours?

(Your attempted comparison failed miserably, but to answer your question the NBA comes to mind)

Well we have people calling the NFL out for not controlling players. Yet in our country private companies rarely even attempt to honor the flag. Why not admire these private institutions for giving players and fans the opportunity to honor the flag and stop bashing them for not making it mandatory.
Azariah
AG
The controversy brought the NFL to the table to potentially have an awareness month similar to their stupid breast cancer month, so someone is listening to the actual message. By all accounts, the owners caved on everything in that meeting.

Not all veterans feel its a slight, though. A large number wholeheartedly support the protests.
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
Azariah said:

The controversy brought the NFL to the table to potentially have an awareness month similar to their stupid breast cancer month, so someone is listening to the actual message. By all accounts, the owners caved on everything in that meeting.

Not all veterans feel its a slight, though. A large number wholeheartedly support the protests.
My question to the players is "what are you protesting?" What does it have to do with those who made the ultimate sacrifice. Even the announcers before games states something along the line of "In honor of those who made the ultimate sacrifice, please rise for the National Anthem." This is not just for those current veterans who are living. This is also to honor those who fought in previous conflicts, including World War II. This would have pissed my grandfather off who was a replacement platoon leader prior to fighting in Anzio, Italy, and finished as the Company Commander by VE Day. He saw a lot of his friends die while in Italy, France, and Germany.
Prior22
AG
ScottishFire said:

I have always been a die-hard Cowboys fan, but the NFL's incompetence and inability to take a true stance on players kneeling during the national anthem is pathetic. The fact that they vaccilate on their stance is disheartening at best. Nobody thinks of the injustice done towards blacks by policeman, when these players kneel. They just see utter disrespect for our flag, which is already front and center with the debates regarding POTUS and his calls to gold star families.
Just stand up for the anthem. How hard is this? You have the right to kneel, but the people fighting for your freedom don't deserve the slight. Use your media and microphone time to raise awareness, but please be respectful to our troops and their families with your national stance. This whole charade is out of hand, and I would never be able to pull this stunt in my line of work. I just wish that Roger would grow a pair and actually act like a CEO. Sorry for the rant, but I want to open this thread and speak freely.
What heck is this doing over here?!? If I want to deal with the constant political bull**** that's being shoved down my throat every day, I'll go to 16. Keep this **** out of here. I don't care why you are no longer a Cowboys fan. Go ahead and move along to another sub forum. /end rant
E
AG
lol youre not done with the NFL, you'll be back watching it next week...
jr15aggie
AG
Can't believe nobody has posted this for the OP!

Rudyjax
AG
Do they actually say, In honor of those who made the ultimate sacrifice?

ScottishFire
AG
My bad. I was misguided in believing that players kneeling before an NFL game and driving down viewership numbers was not NFL related.
Feel free to not click on the thread, if it bothers you so much.
/Rant over
Panama Red
AG
"Not watching NFL guy" moving into "cross fit guy," and "atheist guy" pantheon.
aggie2013
AG
Only morons think this is "disrespectful to troops" or any of that bull*****

Why shouldn't they protest injustice on the platform they have? It would be irresponsible if they felt they were subject to injustices and didn't use their platform to attempt to effect change.

MelvinUdall
aggie2013 said:

Why shouldn't they protest injustice on the platform they have? It would be irresponsible if they felt they were subject to injustices and didn't use their platform to attempt to effect change.

How about rather than doing a ceremonial protest, why not just go work with your local police department and the city you play in to affect change. These protest do nothing and honestly there is no clear message, it is a muddled message that does nothing more than divide people and fixes nothing.
Rudyjax
AG
It's dividing the country because no one is listening to their other side.
MelvinUdall
Unthought Known said:

It's dividing the country because no one is listening to their other side.

Well due to the players muddled message, it is hard to listen to their side. I honestly don't care if they kneel, it is well within their rights, but working directly with their community would go a lot further.
Agnzona
The fact that cops of all races go into black crime infested areas at all knowing full well the high risk involved to help people, every black athlete should proudly stand and applaud their courage and service.
Agnzona
aggie2013 said:

Do you protest injustices at your work?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.