#3 Pick PPR

1,426 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Farmer1906
Aggie_Eric98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Once I remove the keepers here are the top 20 or so players remaining. We start 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE and a W/R/T Flex.

My keepers are Travis Kelce and Mike Gillislee

Players i bold is where my pick falls. I don't like my spot and am already thinking about reaching for McCoy at #3 as no solid RB's appear to be available for my 2nd round pick. The best available in the 2nd/3rd round appear to be WR's as well.

Obviously I am not going in with a set strategy, but if this situation unfolded what would you do?

Thoughts? Opinions?
Quote:

Le'Veon Bell

Antonio Brown
Julio Jones
Odell Beckham
Mike Evans
A.J. Green
LeSean McCoy
Jordy Nelson
Dez Bryant
T.Y. Hilton
Rob Gronkowski
Doug Baldwin
DeAndre Hopkins
Leonard Fournette
Ezekiel Elliott
Lamar Miller
Demaryius Thomas
Keenan Allen
Brandin Cooks
Aaron Rodgers
Christian McCaffrey
Terrelle Pryor
Alshon Jeffery
Allen Robinson
Ty Montgomery
Michael Crabtree
Golden Tate
Jordan Reed
Greg Olsen
Jarvis Landry
Dalvin Cook
Joe Mixon

JayAggie
AG
I'm confused. If you're in a keeper how are brown, bell, Jones, and Beckham all available?

If you already have Kelce, then you have to go RB. Gillislee is so unknown in my opinion. McCoy, hell maybe even fournette, but if that's the list there are so many WRs you need to go RB.
ac04
are you locked into gillislee?
Aggie_Eric98
AG
You cannot keep anyone drafted before the 3rd round so you if you can get David Johnson in the 7/8th round in his rookie year you have a steal for a keeper.
Goldie Wilson
What do you not like about Brown, Julio or Beckham in a ppr?
Aggie_Eric98
AG
I like them all but I am afraid I would be stuck with a Tier 3 RB if I do not reach for on at 3
slider676
AG
Take what's left of Brown, Julio, and Beckham.

I'd even take Evans before McCoy.
CrazyAgE
Im all over McCoy this year. Now that Watkins is gone and Matthews already got hurt, he will be a monster in the passing game. I have pick #5 and am hoping he makes it to me. At first it would be no issue, but now that Zeke is (more than likely) suspended, that may kick him up a spot to #4
Goldie Wilson
What are your other keeper options?
M.C. Swag
AG
I would have kept Rawls over Gilleslee, but that's your call.

I'm not a fan of McCoy, but especially at that draft position. I'd much rather get a guaranteed fantasy stud like Mike Evans, Julio, or OBJ.

The RB position is crucial to fantasy success, but in your league you only NEED to start 1. It will be much easier to find value at the RB position in later rounds or through the waiver wire as the position is rife with injuries. Look at guys like Melvin Gordon or Josh Howard last year. Those dudes were either late rounders or free agent pickups and now they're both top 10 RB prospects. Even a guy like Ty Montgomery came out of nowhere in the middle of the season to become a consistent RB2 starter in PPR leagues.

On the other hand, replicating the type of numbers that Evans will post at WR will not be nearly as easy to find.
Mort Rainey
How is this even a question in PPR? Take one of the big three WRs and enjoy your season
Farmer1906
AG
Don't overthink it. Grab the stud WR. Backs go down. Play the WW you'll be fine.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Quote:

Antonio Brown
Julio Jones
Odell Beckham
Mike Evans
A.J. Green
How would you rank these 5 in a PPR. I should get the 2nd pick out of these 5.
ac04
brown
beckham
jones
evans
green
Farmer1906
AG
ac04 said:

brown
beckham
jones
evans
green

Agree
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.