NFL Playoff Predictions

7,313 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CFTXAG10
bilbobag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HOU over Oak
Seattle over Det

Pitt over Miami
Giants over GB

NE over HOU
Pitt over KC

Seattle over Atlanta
Dallas over Giants

NE over Pitt
Sea over Dallas

NE over Sea
LincolnBorglum79
AG
Houston over Oak
Seattle barely over Det
PItt over Miami
GB over NYG

Houston stuns Patriots
ATlanta crushes Sea
Packers over Dallas
Steelers slip past Chefs

Steelers beat Texans
Falcons over Pack

Steelers beat Falcons in Houston
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Houston defats Oakland
Seattle def. Detroit

Pittsburgh def. Miami
NYG def. Green Bay

New England def. Hou
Pittsburgh def. KC

NYG def. Dallas
Atlanta def. Seattle

NE def. Pittsburgh
NYG def. Atlanta

NE def. NYG (finally)
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TyHolden
AG
Dolphins @ Steelers: Steelers
Raiders @ Texans: Texans

Lions @ Seahawks: Lions
Giants @ Packers: Giants

--------------------------------------

Steelers @ Chiefs: Steelers
Texans @ Patriots: Patriots

Lions @ Cowboys: Cowboys
Giants @ Falcons: Giants

--------------------------------------

Chiefs @ Patriots: Patriots
Giants @ Cowboys: Cowboys

Patriots vs Cowboys: Dem Boys
SeattleAgJr
Seahawks will win over the Lions, but I want them to lose.

I love the team, but I hate this year's group and their attitude.

**** 'em. Let them sit the bench for a few months and decide if they are a real team.
TyHolden
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

**** 'em. Let them sit the bench for a few months and decide if they are a real team.
cowboys hope y'all lose as well
SeattleAgJr
DSAg44 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

cowboys hope y'all lose as well
have no doubt, I root against the Cowboys every single time.

but I expect them to win out.
Ag12thman
AG
Seattle is loaded on D. Teams with the best defenses usually win titles. (See Denver last year.) Seattle has just as good of a shot as any other squad to get to the Super Bowl.
SeattleAgJr
Ag12thman said:

Seattle is loaded on D. Teams with the best defenses usually win titles. (See Denver last year.) Seattle has just as good of a shot as any other squad to get to the Super Bowl.
But our offense is so inconsistent this year, even Russell, that I doubt our D can compensate.

I would love to be wrong, but this year's squad is just too inconsistent. They are not a cohesive team like the last few years.

At least the Dallas run was exciting, if nauseating.
Ag12thman
AG
We'll see. The playoffs are a different animal. Better D's go further, generally. Don't quit on your team so easily. Never know.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

But what seems to be getting overlooked is what a soft schedule Dallas played to reach 13-3. Only played 5 games against playoff teams and posted a very modest 3-2 record. Including 0-2 vs. the best team they played all season NYG twice

This so-called analysis is almost laughable. As far as the Giants go, the Cowboys lost by one and then by three. One possession -- hell, even one play -- might have made either game's outcome different. Plus the reason Dak sucked in the game at NY was he probably doesn't like playing in the cold. Likely first game for him that cold. Hey, no excuses -- Giants won fair and square and the games count. But the Cowboys lost the 3 worst games they played and that isn't exactly a barometer for playoff excellence (or the lack thereof), especially at home.

Meanwhile, the Cowboys won AT Pittsburgh, AT Cincy, AT Green Bay, AT Washington, AT Minnesota and against Washington, Tampa and Detroit at home. All those teams were .500 or better (both Minn and Wash in a division with 2 playoff teams) and none of them absolutely sucked. Cincy wasn't very good, but all their losses (except to Dallas, Den, and NE) were close -- within a TD. When you add teams that were in the playoff hunt late in the year (all mentioned here other than Cincy), it isn't that much of a soft schedule any more.

I don't understand why anyone would argue that Dallas will probably flame out due to an alleged soft schedule, but other teams Dallas beat soundly (Packers) WILL move on.

With that said, I have no idea how they will play. I expect them to at least win next week.
MooreTrucker
AG
It's lazy analysis because it says that teams like GB that Dallas beat are suddenly on a roll and a lot better, while Dallas stayed stagnant or got worse. And the final game is no barometer of anything other than Buttfumble needs to be selling insurance not playing QB in the NFL.
W
AG
W said:

regarding the Cowboys...the future definitely looks bright. But what seems to be getting overlooked is what a soft schedule Dallas played to reach 13-3. Only played 5 games against playoff teams and posted a very modest 3-2 record. Including 0-2 vs. the best team they played all season NYG twice
analysis was dead on. Nothing lazy about it.

Years of watching the national football league...
Olsen
AG
Packers/Patriots matchup at the Super Bowl would be awesome to watch compared to Falcons/Patriots.
Bunk Moreland
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Packers/Patriots matchup at the Super Bowl would be awesome to watch compared to Falcons/Patriots.

Read the OP. It's gonna be Steelers and Falcons.
Say Chowdah
AG
I checked out SB ticket prices last week and they were 4800 and up. The Pats, the Pack and the Cowboys were all still in it. (I was/am considering it... only live once thought).

I imagine they will stay around that (or go up even) if the Pats/Pack matchup materializes.

What if it is Atl vs KC? $2000 drop?
Ag12thman
AG
I think it'll be Falcons - Patriots, but could see the Steelers giving the Patriots a very, very tough game, too.
Bunk Moreland
There are some perfect picks so far. I'll update tomorrow and see where we stand.

We should do a pick em based off point spread by round next year for everyone to keep participating
W
AG
okay, so next weekend...

Pittsburgh is going for its 9th Super Bowl appearance.

likewise New England is going for its 9th.

Green Bay looking for its 7th Super Bowl appearance.

and the Falcons their 2nd all-time.

----

currently NE, Dallas, and Pittsburgh are tied with the most all-time (8)
W
AG
and talk about lack of parity...at least in the AFC:

the Steelers, Patriots, and Broncos have combined for 24 Super Bowl appearances...and after next week it will be #25.

none of the three teams reached the Super Bowl until Pittsburgh in Super Bowl IX in 1974.

so one of the 3 franchises has been the AFC rep in the Super Bowl in 25 of the last 43 games. That's 58% of the time
Bunk Moreland
So after 2 rounds, the Bunk, Orlando Ayala Cant Read, and CTFXAG10 all have perfect picks.

Still a lot of people's SB picks alive.

CFTXAG10
AG
Not feeling great about my picks but glad I made it through this past weekend unscathed. Falcons-Packers is going to be fun. Which defense steps up between Patriots-Steelers!? Brady lifetime vs. Steelers is pretty damn good. Think something like 9-2
Ag12thman
AG
Looking forward to two close, hard-fought games. I think both will be great and Falcons-Packers could be a major shoot-out lasting 4+ hours (due to so much passing). Still feel like it'll be Patriots-Falcons in the Super Bowl. Steelers have a great chance to upset the Patriots if they play like they did against the Texans, though. Leveon Bell is incredible.
agz win
AG
Going with NE and Atlanta to the super bowl.
45-70Ag
AG
Pittsburgh got an early wake up call with the fire alarm going off at their hotel.
Bunk Moreland
Irish_Man said:

Pittsburgh got an early wake up call with the fire alarm going off at their hotel.

And I'm sure the headsets will go out on 3rd downs.

All part of the whimsy and charm of playing at new England.
Olsen
AG
I don't care which team wins in the NFC side today but I have the Patriots winning the AFC today.
W
AG
how about the NFC South Division...the conference rep in the Super Bowl 2-years-in-a-row.

that division doesn't get hyped like the others in the NFC, but gets teams to the big game
CFTXAG10
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Quote:

Wild Card Round:

Dolphins @ Steelers: Steelers
Raiders @ Texans: Texans

Lions @ Seahawks: Seahawks
Giants @ Packers: Packers

Divisional Round:

Steelers @ Chiefs: Steelers
Texans @ Patriots: Patriots

Seahawks @ Falcons: Falcons
Packers @ Cowboys: Packers

Conference Championship Round:

Steelers @ Patriots: Patriots
Falcons @ Packers: Falcons

Super Bowl:

Patriots vs Falcons: Patriots

One more.

CFTXAG10
AG
Heyyyyyyyyyyyy
agz win
AG
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Splitting a winning pot with five others. Cha Ching!
Bunk Moreland
Nice job.

Next year we'll set up a league pick em like the ncaa tourney where points per win are doubled each round
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

Steelers, Patriots, and Broncos have combined for 24 Super Bowl appearances

Add Oakland and Miami and you have 34; add the Colts and the Bills and you have 42.

7 teams have all but 9 appearances. The Lions are the only NFC team that hasn't been.
CFTXAG10
AG
I might go buy a lottery ticket tomorrow
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.