Jeff Fisher Signs Extension

4,256 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
0.0% or not, Michigan is about to get worked for a raise.
txagman1998
AG
While unlikely that he leaves Michigan, if the Rams are going to ask, now is the time given that he is probably still salty about the refs in the Ohio State game. Remember, if Michigan wins that game, they go on to the B1G championship game, and if they win that game, they are in the playoffs.
Bunk Moreland
Fisher was a yard away from being a super bowl champion coach, so I'm not on the pile on train that so many others are.

That said, it was past time to make the move.

Re: Harbaugh, I don't think there's any way he leaves Michigan. He's making way too much money and he just got there. He's recruiting and developing talent at an elite level. Imo he stays another 5 years before a move back to the NFL.
DannyDuberstein
AG
When it comes to a fairly volatile guy like Harbaugh that seems to enjoy pushing himself and everything around him to the extremes, I can't really ever rule anything out.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Jeff Fisher got more mileage out of a yard his team didn't gain than any coach in history. Two decades of mileage is ****ing impressive.
Bunk Moreland
DannyDuberstein said:

Jeff Fisher got more mileage out of a yard his team didn't gain than any coach in history. Two decades of mileage is ****ing impressive.

True, but it's the NFL. Recycling is encouraged.
Say Chowdah
AG
Harbaugh doesn't need to recruit. He has ESPN, the Big 10 and the school name, Michigan, to do it for him.
agdaddy04
AG
He really wasn't even recycled though. 4 cities but only 2 franchises.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Right. What's "impressive" to me is that he hasn't had a winning record since 2008, yet coached all but one season since then. The Rams gave him so much leash, but that may be partly due to being focused on the move vs. their staff for the past 2-3 years.
Iowaggie
AG
There is something to be said that maybe turning over coaches every 2-3 years isn't a great answer in any league. Or is no guarantee if you have a dysfunctional organization.

He was with the Rams since 2012.

The Rams, Browns, Dolphins, Colts, Chiefs, Redskins, Bucs, and Vikings were the 8 divisional cellar dwellers that year.

The Browns are on their 4th head coach and aren't better off.

The Dolphins are on their 3rd head coach, and may make the playoffs this year, but if they don't, over that time still aren't much better than the Rams were/are.

The Colts are better, but the 2-14 that year was somewhat a fluke, were able to draft a great QB, but a better comparison might be the TItans. They are on their 3rd head coach with only hopes of playoffs this year (and it is a long stretch).

Chiefs, Vikings, & Redskins are better now with Andy Reid, Mike Zimmer & Jay Gruden than in 2011. All are on their 2nd coach since 2011.

In seasons where he had a training camp, Jason Garrett was Mr. .500 going into this year. It appears that consistency has been beneficial for them.

Not saying that Fisher is a great coach, but I just don't think the Rams were idiots for staying with him for 5 seasons. I just think the Rams are a bad organization in general.
ce1994
AG
What in the hell is wrong with you people and championships. Allow me to ask the following:

1) Why did the New York Giants run Tom Coughlin out of town? He WON two Superbowls as a coach. TWO!! And yes he got run out of town. On a rail.
2) Don Shula got run out of town for the flavor of the month. On the first train out of Miami. Gone. Good bye. Never come back. See you later.
3) Tom Landry? 2 superbowl wins, 5 super bowl appearances, 5 million straight seasons in the playoffs
4) Chuck Noll? 4 Superbowls. Asked to get his crap and get.
5) Woody Hayes? fired
6) Mack Brown? fired
7) Barry Switzer? fired
8) Anybody that George Steinbrenner put a slug in?

Answer me this:
1) Was Trent Dilfer a better quarterback than Tony Romo?
2) Brad Johnson?
3) Jim Plunkett? Hell, he won two.
4) Mark Rypien?
5) Doug Williams?
6) Jim McMahon (no, he was not)
7) Brian Griese

Name me more than 20 players you would rather have than on an NBA roster than Karl Malone, who never won anything. Would you not take Malone over Pippen. You would be a fool not to.

Come on guys. Jeff Fischer was a 500 coach. That is not going to make it anywhere but Cleveland.
ce1994
AG
Just checked. Princeton claims 28 national championships, Yale 27, and Penn with 7. Why are they not the hottest jobs in college football. Hell, given that Princeton is the hottest job in college football. Should Saban go there?

Yeah, I was close. So was Red Miller. Know who he was?
oh no
AG
nhayden said:

living in LA and being able to mold Goff, has to be intriguing.
something about "being able to mold goff" has got to be intriguing to Harbaugh.. if the rumors about Harbaugh are true.. and even if you don't know what goff is!
Deputy Travis Junior
The Rams have hired the 30 year old offensive coordinator from the Washington Redskins to be their new head coach (though soon to be 31). Even Kiffin was 32 when he coached his first game for the Raiders
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.