Ravens HOLDING!!!

1,119 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TyHolden
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LOL, in chase you didn't see it already. I LOVE how the announcer is absolutely clueless the whole time... "nobody is even getting close to the punter... flags down, might have a hold here" and the entire time it's like WWF on the field with Ravens body slamming Bengals, etc. ROFL, awesome!!!

Little Rock Ag
AG
Holy cow, that was crazy..
AtlAg05
AG
Let me get this straight, if a defense causes a penalty and time expires, don't they have an untimed down?

I'm assuming there is no rule for this type of situation when the defense gets seconds added back to the game on an offensive penalty.
Squirrel Master
AG
Great coaching. Love it when coaches understand how to work the rules to their favor in a situation like that. Very much like a situation a few years where Wisconsin (under Bielama?) was kicking off with around 30 sec left in the first half, and had all the coverage guys way offsides so that they were easily tackling the returner, then doing it like 3 times after the 5 yd penalties, and finally time expired.
Squirrel Master
AG
AtlAg05 said:

Let me get this straight, if a defense causes a penalty and time expires, don't they have an untimed down?

I'm assuming there is no rule for this type of situation when the defense gets seconds added back to the game on an offensive penalty.
Correct. If say, Baltimore had been trying to score on that play to come from behind, and there was defensive holding on Cincy, there would be an untimed down.

In this case, even a rule change wouldn't have affected the outcome. The defense got the safety because it declined the penalty. If it had accepted the penalty AND there was a rule allowing an untimed down, then Balt would have been moved back 10 yds, there would be no time on the clock, and it would be 4th down and Balt could just take a knee.

In my Wisconsin example above, there was a rule change after the season that made that type of behavior unsportsmanlike conduct and made it to where it would no longer beneficial to employ such a strategy.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I have to commend the effort of #33 Matt Elam on that one. He was out on the wing and was the most at risk for having it not work, but he wrapped that mofo up and never let go.
W
AG
this is what his brother should have done in the Michigan-Michigan State game last year
ac04
that was fantastic. thanks for posting
TyHolden
AG
We need to offer that guy 10 million today
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.