Fair/unfair?

4,051 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Boiling Denim
NWE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If scores hold, I am 8-4 going into week 13. My opponent for week 13 is 8-4 and we are both top 4 (playoff bound).

5th place team is going to be 7-5 and playing the SACKo team (2-10) in week 13.

Both of us are going to bench our teams to give us a record of 8-4-1 and ensure we are in the playoffs.

Note: Buy-in is $125 and 4th place gets money back. Winner gets $900.

I think resting your players should be allowed in fantasy just as it's allowed in the real game.

Ag_07
AG
Fair to rest players if it benefits you. Unfair to get together with your opponent and collaborate with him to both do it.

That's the definition of collusion.

The more I think about it the more of a BS bltch move this is. I'd be so pissed if this happened in my league.
bdgol07
AG
Absolute bush league

Collusion at its finest. Play the game. I'd be throwing a fit of I was the 5th place team
TexasAggieJTL
AG
Bad Bull for colluding.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
If I'm commish I'd give you both a kiss or kick u out for collusion
LeFraud

Don't forget karma can be a B I T C H
NWE
AG
Playoffs are playoffs, boys!
Enviroag02
AG
yep...complete bush league BS
hurleyag
AG
bdgol07 said:

Absolute bush league

Collusion at its finest. Play the game. I'd be throwing a fit of I was the 5th place team
This, did you not get the win against the 2-10 team too?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Lame as hell

Does the 5th place team (will be 8-5 after beating Sacko) have more points than both of you at (8-4), thus guaranteeing that the loser of your game gets knocked out of the playoffs?

Seriously, this is a stupid idea.
Ag_07
AG
NWE said:

Playoffs are playoffs Collusion is collusion, boys!

Collusion [kuh-loo-zhun] (noun)

1. a secret agreement, especially for fraudulent or treacherous purposes; conspiracy

So if you're OK with not upholding the integrity of the league then go ahead and do it, but know upfront that you two are no different that colluding on a trade.

So glad I play with a good group of guys and don't have any of this crap going on in either of my leagues.
Goldie Wilson
Bush league coward move. But you probably knew that already and were just hoping to get some moral justification from texags.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Really bad.

This is the basic question to ask yourself. Would a professional league accept two owners colluding to tie the final game in order to both secure a playoff spot? The answer is that they'd get the Black Sox treatment.
mike_ags_fan12
That's terrible, OP. That kind of **** gets you and your buddy kicked out of leagues. Grow up, man.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That is ****ing pathetic.
ATM9000
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Really bad.

This is the basic question to ask yourself. Would a professional league accept two owners colluding to tie the final game in order to both secure a playoff spot? The answer is that they'd get the Black Sox treatment.

But that's precisely why 'taking a knee' with your defense on MNF is in a close game is totally bush league too in my opinion.
mike_ags_fan12
ATM9000 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Really bad.

But that's precisely why 'taking a knee' with your defense on MNF is in a close game is totally bush league too in my opinion.

Playing devils advocate, but that is at least your team vs your opponent. Why take the risk of negative points if you don't have to. Significantly better than 2 teams turning against 1 team.
ATM9000
AG
if you want to talk about integrity of the game blah blah blah to your point, would an NFL team ever just not field a complete team?

I've always advocated that if an opponent can do that on Monday night, then if I have any player who scored negative points on Sunday, I should get the free option to pull that player too. Timing shouldn't get you a marked advantage during gameplay in FF.
Iowaggie
AG
NWE said:

I think resting your players should be allowed in fantasy just as it's allowed in the real game.

The major difference is that if a team rests their players, they still field a team, and take a loss.

You guys are colluding so that neither of you takes a loss.

If you like your league, don't mess it up by doing stupid stuff.
Iowaggie
AG
I think it would be the greatest if the 5th place guy colluded with the one owner who has the most guys remaining for the Monday night game, and then after Sunday rolled around, if 5th place guy was going to win, the owner with the most guys remaining for the Monday night game inserted them all right before kickoff. That would force the losing team who had originally colluded with plans to tie the game out of the playoffs, and put in the 5th place guy.

It would be an epic double cross.
Goldie Wilson
NWE said:

If scores hold, I am 8-4 going into week 13. My opponent for week 13 is 8-4 and we are both top 4 (playoff bound).

5th place team is going to be 7-5 and playing the SACKo team (2-10) in week 13.

Both of us are going to bench our teams to give us a record of 8-4-1 and ensure we are in the playoffs.

Note: Buy-in is $125 and 4th place gets money back. Winner gets $900.

This thread is going well
Goldie Wilson
Iowaggie said:

I think it would be the greatest if the 5th place guy colluded with the one owner who has the most guys remaining for the Monday night game, and then after Sunday rolled around, if 5th place guy was going to win, the owner with the most guys remaining for the Monday night game inserted them all right before kickoff. That would force the losing team who had originally colluded with plans to tie the game out of the playoffs, and put in the 5th place guy.

I love this idea so hard
mike_ags_fan12
A friend of mine said If op's league commissioner had some balls, he should allow the tie to happen, then lock their teams in the playoffs, while not paying them for their final places.
jokershady
AG
mike_ags_fan12 said:

A friend of mine said If op's league commissioner had some balls, he should allow the tie to happen, then lock their teams in the playoffs, while not paying them for their final places.

I like that....and if the 5th place team wins his game to go 8-5 and scored enough points to get in 4th place, give him the $125 4th place money he should have at least gotten.

Such BS
Mozart Paintings
AG
NWE said:

Playoffs are playoffs, boys!

Jesus you are a piece of ****
Farmer1906
AG
I'd give them both a loss or just set the teams for them.
Ptery83
Has to be a troll
slider676
AG
Iowaggie said:

NWE
AG
Y'all get pulled offside so easily! This was fun. Thanks, internet tough guys!
Farmer1906
AG
NWE said:

Sad
NWE
AG
The sheer anger that resulted was not what I expected.
NWE
AG
We're going to play it out. And I am the commissioner. But our league is having fun debating the morality of it. We haven't revealed yet we are going to play it out.

But it's an interesting situation we're in.
Ag_07
AG
Gregg Papivich said:

Op sounds like a f****t

So...GP nailed it.
mike_ags_fan12
**** league
gougler08
AG
NWE said:

So you say that everyone gets pulled offside to easily, trying to hint that you were trolling...only to reveal you were being serious. Way to try and back track when you were called out for being a ******
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.