Howdy yall,
Class of '09
Tesla is building out a megafactory down the road in Brookshire (a few actually). I'm the first engineer on the floor and have been tasked with helping fill out the team.
Linked below are the two postings that concern me, though you can find others on their website in the area.
Some things to note that are not in there, mainly because I personally screen for them:
-Hands on experience is required. You need to be willing and able to use a wrench or a multimeter.
-We do not have room at the moment for greenhorns yet, it says 5 years of experience, but you should have at least 10 total years, with 5 recent relevant years.
-You need to be able to articulate your experience in a manufacturing and/or fabrication environment. Tesla is big on people who solve problems.
-The methodology of solving problems is critical. We do things nobody else does, and that means there is not always an option to just ask someone or google (I suppose grok now) the answer.
If you think you are qualified, check the links below, and feel free to ask me any questions. There is a pretty extensive interview process at Tesla, known to be one of the most rigorous, but I can tell you two things. I can personally make sure your resume doesnt get weeded out by a computer if you look like a good fit, and I will likely be the first engineer to interview you, so I wont waste your time if you arent.
https://www.tesla.com/careers/search/job/sr-controls-engineer-data-center-manufacturing-269320
https://www.tesla.com/careers/search/job/sr-equipment-engineer-data-center-manufacturing-269319
My email is my usermane at google, Ill reply with anything serious with my busiiness account. Gigem!
Class of '09
Tesla is building out a megafactory down the road in Brookshire (a few actually). I'm the first engineer on the floor and have been tasked with helping fill out the team.
Linked below are the two postings that concern me, though you can find others on their website in the area.
Some things to note that are not in there, mainly because I personally screen for them:
-Hands on experience is required. You need to be willing and able to use a wrench or a multimeter.
-We do not have room at the moment for greenhorns yet, it says 5 years of experience, but you should have at least 10 total years, with 5 recent relevant years.
-You need to be able to articulate your experience in a manufacturing and/or fabrication environment. Tesla is big on people who solve problems.
-The methodology of solving problems is critical. We do things nobody else does, and that means there is not always an option to just ask someone or google (I suppose grok now) the answer.
If you think you are qualified, check the links below, and feel free to ask me any questions. There is a pretty extensive interview process at Tesla, known to be one of the most rigorous, but I can tell you two things. I can personally make sure your resume doesnt get weeded out by a computer if you look like a good fit, and I will likely be the first engineer to interview you, so I wont waste your time if you arent.
https://www.tesla.com/careers/search/job/sr-controls-engineer-data-center-manufacturing-269320
https://www.tesla.com/careers/search/job/sr-equipment-engineer-data-center-manufacturing-269319
My email is my usermane at google, Ill reply with anything serious with my busiiness account. Gigem!