Job Network
Sponsored by

Recently Laid Off - Looking for IT leadership positions in DFW or remote

2,701 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by aggieactor01
aggieactor01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy all!

After almost a decade at my last company I find myself on the hunt for a new adventure due to position elimination in a restructure. I worked for an entirely remote software company on the operations/infrastructure side of the engineering org.

During my tenure I played a critical leadership role (Director level) in transforming technology and processes into a state-of-the-art AWS cloud solution. The strategic roadmap we built and tactical execution resulted in achieving 99.9% uptime(up from 90%), improving to a 95% change success rate (up from 60%), and enabling 300% customer growth for a Global Platform handling 329 million orders a month, securely processing over $1.5 Billion in credit card transactions via 550 ecommerce sites annually, and protecting the data of 217 million constituents.

I have had as many as 18 remote direct reports spread across 3 different countries. I have also managed 3 team managers/leads. I've led major programs including migrating datacenter operations to AWS, automating Application Deployment, and building ITSM practices. I have AWS and ITILv4 certifications and am working through additional certifications as I look for a new position.

I am interested in opportunities that allow me to leverage my expertise in ITSM, cloud, and DevOps to drive meaningful business transformations. I am particularly passionate about roles that not only demand strategic and operational leadership but also offer the chance to mentor and grow talent, embodying a culture of excellence and innovation. I am open to in-office, hybrid, or remote. I am located in Dallas and willing to commute around the metroplex for the right role.

I would love to connect with anyone about specific opportunities, or just a general get to know you chat. As I said I'm located in Dallas and happy to buy you a coffee.

Email - username at yahoo dot com
(I'll send you a real one as a reply.)

Thanks for reading this far if you have. I look forward to connecting!
aggieactor01
AG
Bump. I'm still on the job hunt. If anyone has any leads or is just willing to connect I'd appreciate it!

I've gotten close to an offer with a couple of different companies since I posted but nothing has come through yet.

I am willing to step into an individual contributor role though I haven't been hands-on keyboard everyday in a while.

TIA for any help.
DallasAg 94
I just pop over here from time-to-time.

Have you considered going to one of the vendors you had worked with?

Many companies look for experienced people with real world experience in their Sales/Solution Engineering teams.

Palo Alto Networks has a facility in Plano and seem to have several positions.

They have a "Services Sales Engineer Manager" and "Manager, Business Development."

I don't work at Palo, they are some what of a competitor to us. We don't have anything in DFW.

Microsoft has a huge facility in Irving. Not sure Cisco's staffing, but they have empty buildings in Richardson.

Almost any company/vendor you've worked with as a customer likely has a team in DFW.

If you are not on LinkedIn... you probably ought to be. If you are, make sure you've reached out to any vendor you've worked with. If you are not interested in working for them, if you have a good relationship, they often know what is out there at their customers.

When I have a customer whose company is downsizing... if I had a relationship with someone looking, I knew if I could get them connected to an open position at another one of my customers I not only had an advocate... but someone whom I knew liked our products.

In 2008/2009, during the economic Armageddon... I had a list of 100 +/- companies that I weekly checked their websites for opportunities - Palo, Cisco, MSFT, Imperva, Checkpoint, etc... I would check for any opportunities and when I found something, I'd check my LinkedIn profile to see if I knew someone who worked there. Because of my broad experience, I usually had 2-3 people I knew.

In my current position, I reached out to someone I knew who worked at the company to see if they could offer any valued information. Happens he was someone I had trained and he worked for the hiring manager. He told his boss that everything he knew I taught him and that if he wanted to improve the team, I was the guy. Most of the interviews he'd walk by during the interview and tell them I was the guy.
aggieactor01
AG
Thanks Dallas. If you're in Dallas I'd love to connect and grab a coffee if you're willing. Username at yahoo and I'll send you real contact info.
Astroag
AG
aggieactor01 said:

Bump. I'm still on the job hunt. If anyone has any leads or is just willing to connect I'd appreciate it!

I've gotten close to an offer with a couple of different companies since I posted but nothing has come through yet.

I am willing to step into an individual contributor role though I haven't been hands-on keyboard everyday in a while.

TIA for any help.

Take a look at crowdstrike…happy to discuss any roles you find interesting
infinity ag
DallasAg 94 said:

Palo Alto Networks has a facility in Plano and seem to have several positions.

Interesting you mention PA Networks. My childhood friend is a VP there and he called me yesterday after years and we caught up on the old times. He has been asking me to move to the Bay Area.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
There used to be a DFW Aggie Business networking group. Does that still exist?
RockwallAg
AG
Are you still in the market? Willing to relocate in Texas?
aggieactor01
AG
Thanks for bumping. I'm still in the market. Unfortunately I can't relocate. We're tied down to the Dallas area for a number of reasons. I am willing to be hybrid and travel on site to other areas of Texas if there is willingness to work out a schedule that makes sense for everyone. And in general I'm willing to travel.
aggieactor01
AG
I sent a PM. Would love to connect as I have applied to a couple of positions at CrowdStrike.
aggieactor01
AG
I'm still interested in connecting if you have the time. Thanks Dallas.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.