Job Network
Sponsored by

Any job openings or advice for recent Visualization grad (masters) ?

929 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by infinity ag
ag94whoop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Son's girlfriend graduated in August 2023 with masters. Graduated 2020 from A&M with undergraduate in University Studies in Architecture with minors in English and New Media Arts . She then got her Masters of Science in Visualization from A&M as well. Worked 3 years at the LiveLab as 3D artist and manager, also TA in 2D and 3D art at A&M during masters.

She has been working part time with some A&M professors on augmented reality and VR projects the last 6 months or so but is struggling to find a full time role.

Anyone have any leads or advice for her?
bmks270
AG
UI, UX and/or product design is a good field. They design the look and feel of computer softwares, apps, and websites.

Pays pretty well mid career and beyond.

Only challenge is tech industry is having layoffs.

But career paths would be
UI design
UX design
product design

Each is a little different. UI is more aesthetic like colors, font, spacing (primary software to learn would be Figma). UX is more user behavior and psychology, user testing and feedback. And Product design is like a hybrid but more in the technical aide and does a bit of everything including the ideation/coding/development, but also seems to pay the best but demand a broader almost unicorn skill set from job descriptions I've seen.

If this appeals to her I'd say learn Figma and look for Jr. UI designer roles (since she sounds more artistic, UI is great for creatives). Then if she's really ambitious build on that skill set and learn skills to do both UI and UX, or product design. Never stop learning.
ag94whoop
AG
bumping again
ag94whoop
AG
Bumping again.
She is still looking for a job. Will be living up near Sherman and hoping to find a remote or local job in the area.
Has experience in 2D and 3D animation, surfacing and texturing, photo realistic rendering, augmented reality and virtual reality.

Anyone have some direction options as well?
She is applying to a lot and has a few interviews and made it to Final Cut a few times but no offers yet.

Thanks
bmks270
AG
Is she open to a UI or UX career path?
Is she aware of the field?
ag94whoop
AG
bmks270 said:

Is she open to a UI or UX career path?
Is she aware of the field?

Yes. She has a little experience in UI I believe. She has an applied to a couple jobs in that world as well but so far no bites.

I shared your previous post with her and that's how i found out she knew about it and had applied to a couple.
The bulk of her experience comes from working at the LiveLab at A&M in animation and 3D modeling. But I do know she has a little bit of exposure to the UI/UX world.

infinity ag
If she is in UX, then move to the West Coast. The basic advice is "go where the jobs are". I wish I had done that 20 years ago. If she is breaking in, she should be flexible about salary. Once she is in, she can build from there.

Demand and Supply law applies.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.