Job Network
Sponsored by

Construction student looking for work in BCS

1,589 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by southernskies
TexMexAggie1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags, I am a junior graduating in December with a B.S University Studies of Architecture with plans to enroll in the M.S Construction Management program.

I am looking for a job in the BCS area that can work around my class schedule and help me gain additional experience in the construction field. Although I would prefer to stay in the construction space I am open to other lines of work.

I would greatly appreciate any leads! I am hard-working, accountable, punctual, and quick learner and am confident in my abilities to excel in any position.

Please contact me via email with any opportunities.

Thanks and gig 'em!

anthony815garcia@gmail.com
TexAg1987
Drop a resume off at the GSC, Suite 2701

You may want to add your email if that is how you want to be contacted, fwiw
TdoubleH
AG
Sent email.
Lake08
It's nice to see a student/graduate actually taking some initiative and post for themselves. Best of luck to you
TexMexAggie1
AG
Thanks! I'm really trying my best!
MS08
AG
Not only is the initiative refreshing but also thinking ahead. I will make a note of this thread. Thanks!
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Refreshing for sure and still willing to work during school while looking ahead to grad school. Better than mom or dad posting for little Johnny or Sally if nothing comes of this thread at least you're doing it all yourself and learning how to network. I know many adults who can't do this.
bmac_aggie18
AG
I work in concrete in Houston and one thing I wish I would've done was get field experience with the laborers. Not only would it have touched up Spanish (which is a huge plus in this line of work), I would've gotten hands on work where it all starts.

Contractors in town like Vaughn, Tucker Construction, RM Dudley, would all be a great place to start as I'm sure they're always looking to get another crew member, especially one like yourself being proactive.
TexMexAggie1
AG
!
southernskies
I know this is unsolicited advice but if you are planning to go work for a large GC, the masters degree in CM won't do much of anything for you on the salary/promotion side. If you just want to get it to learn more then that's a different story. Anyways, if you have bigger plans than the GC world, carry on. I can't speak for other realms of construction.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.