Job Network
Sponsored by

Looking to Network/Transition Into Commercial Real Estate Space

685 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by COSCAG67
Dallasaggie19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy,

I'm a class of 2019 Industrial Distribution grad with 2 years experience in industrial technical sales. Located in Dallas and looking to stay in this market. I am working to make a career transition into commercial real estate. I am wanting to learn about various career paths, but am particularly interested in either lending, development or brokerage. I'd love to make some connections and gain an opportunity to enter the industry.

Will post contact info as needed to connect.

Thanks in advance!
COSCAG67
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prob gonna have a hard time getting into development without having some experience in construction or brokerage first. With brokerage, you need to have money set aside before jumping in (from what I've gathered, you won't make any for a year), or I think that would increase your chances of making it work long term. To go the Lending route, you need to look for a training program from one of the bigger banks which will then open the doors to being a banker that focuses on CRE loans. I'm in consulting for banks on CRE loans, and I spent a year with a developer, but these are all career paths I have at one point been interested in... and this is what I was able to gather.

I would suggest you post this in the real estate forum as well. LOTS of real estate professionals lurking around that can give much more detailed advice.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.