Job Network
Sponsored by

Azure Architecture / Administration

1,156 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by thesassman
CTP93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Putting out feelers for some folks with solid Azure Experience. Ultimately, I want to replace our Managed Service Provider by building an internal team with the skills to architect/manage/troubleshoot our Azure Virtual Server environment.

We have several locations around Texas but the IT HQ is in the BCS area. BCS, Galveston, possibly Houston area potential for the right person.

Would love to talk to you if you have those skills and are interested. The job hasn't been posted yet, but I wanted to run it through here first and see if I could find some IT Pros that might be interested.

Thanks!
AggieOO
maybe you already have this in mind, but i'd also have that team take a look at your applications and ensure they are cloud optimized. It is fairly likely, if you are 100% in azure (or close to 100%), that you have workloads in the cloud that are not optimized for it, which could be costing you a lot of money. Have the team do a full ROI on cloud vs on-prem vs hybrid. Most companies will benefit from a hybrid model.
thesassman
AG
A lot of the cloud platforms share a lot of characteristics so learning a different one is pretty straight forward and easy. I would also do an investigation of using a single cloud and being tied to them or being more cloud agnostic and being multi-cloud. A lot of services cross the platforms like Kubernetes - GKE in GCP, AKS in Azure, and ACS in AWS, so have your app team determine what services are really needed.

Depending on your size, work with the cloud platform you choose to see if they will offer you credits or assistance from them on the migration. Play them against each other too to get the best deal like you would do with car dealers. I have done this several times to great impact.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.