Job Network
Sponsored by

Looking in Houston - Mfg/Distribution/O&G - Project Mgmt, Supply Chain

2,558 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BigO93
E
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Houston Ags!

I am currently employed but stuck in a bad position at work and am looking for something new in Houston. I graduated 2009 in Industrial Distribution and have almost 10 years of customer service, inside account management, and project management experience in PVF, fluid sealing products (gasketing and hosing), and ball valves. Do to non-compete I can't work for another severe service ball valve company. I have been at my current employer for five and half years, received two promotions to current PM role but have reached the highest position i'd want here due to company culture.

Looking for a long term company which has opportunities to grow within and preferably a medium to large size company. Am open to distribution, manufacturing, supply chain, any type of oil & gas company. Ideally would like to stay in project management but it's not a must. I have a strong ability to pick up ERP computer systems and have been a trainer for a previous company which I enjoyed. Open to traveling as well as I like get out in the field or visits.

I'm also an avid golfer (not a very good one though) so if you'd like an another employee who can be a good representative of the company or scramble partner for your tournaments, I'm your guy!

Thanks!
E class of '08
Ragoo
AG
Look at puffer sweiven
Vernada
AG
Why do you have a non-compete?
E
AG
Current company requires it
Vernada
AG
E said:

Current company requires it

I've read a few articles about that and figured it was probably that kind of bs.
E
AG
Yeah, and my company has actually sued former employees or forced them to quit their new employers if they were a competitor
evestor1
Serious - tell them you want a raise or out of the non-compete. They will tell you no...but continue to be a good worker, but overly needy employee until they terminate you. Then say "consideration or eff you"

I've seen a lot of PVF guys get effed by attitude. So make your management get irritated and you'll win.
Trident14
AG
E, feel free to drop an email to tridentag14 @ gmail. I work with companies around the area and may be able to make some connections.
agdaddy04
AG
Wait, you're encouraging him to get fired?
E
AG
Thank you Trident, I'll be sending you an email today.
KaneIsAble
AG
Assumption being that the non-compete is voided if terminated for cause. Otherwise I don't get it either.
evestor1
The guy is completely tied by a non compete. Unless he is let out of it ... then he's selling wheel chair ramps for the next year with no pay assuming he quits.

I recommended making the company want him out without breaking rules. In my experience with PVF...lots of these companies are ran by irrational people. They will let him out of it before paying him.
agdaddy04
AG
Getting fired doesn't necessarily remove the non compete
E
AG
It doesn't in my case

But the good thing is I'm not fond of the specific industry I'm in and very ok with not going to any competitors
mm98
AG
So...if it is VTI, are the horror stories about Mr. KH true?
nonameag99
What is PVF?
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
agdaddy04
AG
Pipe Valve and Fitting
BigO93
AG
Howdy, good afternoon. We are a pipe fitting and accessory manufacturing company, based in Houston in the waterworks business. Not oil and gas. We have an open Product Management position. You can email a resume to: jasono@starpipeproducts.com if interested.

Jason
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.