Job Network
Sponsored by

Looking for In House Graphic Designer for Consulting Firm

1,372 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by fig96
aggie0607
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a graphic designer with 2-4 years experience in Dallas or Houston to work with our marketing team. Will report to another Aggie. Message me if you want more details.
Diggity
AG
Does A&M have a school for graphic design?
PrincessButtercup
AG
Diggity said:

Does A&M have a school for graphic design?
We've got Viz.
Diggity
AG
The only reason I ask is that my wife is a graphic designer and (in general) it's not a high paying job. Most are doing freelance work to try to scrape money together or end up getting marketing gigs in house.

With the proliferation of sites live Fiver and 99Designs, it's even harder to make any money in the business.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Not sure what you consider high paying, but the designers I know make $60-80k and are in their 20s.
Diggity
AG
I have no doubt that some designers make good money, but that pay would put your friends at the very high end of the payscale for graphic designers.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Diggity said:

I have no doubt that some designers make good money, but that pay would put your friends at the very high end of the payscale for graphic designers.

Maybe. I think it depends on experience. They've all been working as full time designers at agencies for 4-7 years. I don't think many designers make six figures at any point though, so it's definitely limited.
Diggity
AG
I think if you can get on at a good agency, you'll make good money.

There's just a lot of people competing for a limited amount of jobs.

I have a friend at Lopez Negrete that does pretty well.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Diggity said:

I think if you can get on at a good agency, you'll make good money.

There's just a lot of people competing for a limited amount of jobs.

I have a friend at Lopez Negrete that does pretty well.

Definitely agree. I'm a copywriter, and it's very similar for us.
Duncan Idaho
As someone who spends way too much time making lackluster ppts, i envy you for being at form that sees the value in this.
fig96
AG
Late in responding to this, but I'm a senior designer in Austin and I'm pretty comfortable. Agency work gets old quick, but there's lots of great in house positions in tech that pay well with great benefits.

As per Viz, the junior designer on my team is a fairly recent Viz grad and she's been great. I don't think it's quite as extensive a visual communication department as some other schools, but there's some students coming out of there doing some nice work.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.