Univ of Florida?

6,740 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by oragator
BoDog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow! That is insane. I had no idea the discrepancy.

This is also a testament that the first 3 semesters (maybe 4) are a waste of money and time. Other than the prerequisites need for a major, an engineering student shouldn't have to hassle with English Lit 101 or a Finance major with two sciences. Both are irrelevant.

I took meteorology at A&M and even with a gun to my head I still dont think I could distinguish a cirrus, stratus, or cumulus cloud.
oragator
FWIW, Ben Sasse announced tonight that he's stepping down.

He Who Shall Be Unnamed
That really stinks. My son starts there this fall. Sasse has been a very steady hand at that school. The way he handled the pro Gaza rallies was masterful. I will be sad to see him go.
oragator
Political winds in the state and the demographics of the university likely mean things like that won't change that much.
Meantime, looks like we are bringing back our previous prez as interim.

Next hire will be a big one for the school.
He Who Shall Be Unnamed

Pretty stout stats for the UF Class of 2028. They definitely seem to bringing in bright kids.
oragator
The benefit of the rise in state population. I think we had 74k applications last year, and most of those were in state, though our out of state profile continues to grow. That selectivity kind of feeds on itself with everything else and becomes a feedback loop.

Meantime, your kid already has an assignment.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.