Application Essays ?

6,700 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Houstonag
canadianAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hoping for some advice from others more experienced with the application process. I'm reading through my BIL's applications. He suffers from a few chronic conditions. In one essay, he mostly focuses on the conditions and overcoming etc... But then in several other essays, he references "his diagnosis", or "his condition" etc... without any additional expansion.

My advice was he should specify the diagnosis or condition in each essay and maybe what that means, even if just a quick sentence, but not to assume everyone is reading the same essay's etc...

But he's also received other advice to not repeat anything.

Any opinions here?
HECUBUS
AG
Two of our son's friends from the HS baseball team paid for professional help and got into a lot of good schools they should not have. Those two didn't have great academics. One got into ATM and Purdue engineering but picked a left coast school where his club baseball team won the national championship last season. The other kid was a business major who ended up at SMU. They both seem happy with their landing spots. Professional essay help can make a big difference.

The second smartest kid on the baseball team knew it was MIT in middle school. His parents hired high end consultants. He plays baseball for MIT. He had the best help money could buy, is brilliant, and is a solid 6' 4" LHP.

We were slackers and left it up to our kid. That turned out fine also. I'm an engineer. I would not take any essay advice from an engineer outside of opinions on paid help.
canadianAg
AG
To be honest, this is more to help settle a debate. He's applying to A&M, UT, and rice. He'll be auto admit for A&M and ut, so this isn't going to make or break him, just curious if anyone knows what's recommended.
double b
AG
I always tell my clients to make yourself as 3 dimensional as possible meaning you should have as little of overlap as possible. That includes resume, essays, and reference letters.

HECUBUS
AG
Our son is going through this a second time. The steaks are higher, we are going to prep to help all we can and get reasonable help. I can find services from $4-20k. Applications and secondaries are going to cost $10k. It's such a ridiculous racket. Academics are insanely competitive.
Kaniro
HECUBUS said:

Two of our son's friends from the HS baseball team paid for professional help and got into a lot of good schools they should not have. Those two didn't have great academics. One got into ATM and Purdue engineering but picked a left coast school where his club baseball team won the national championship last season. The other kid was a business major who ended up at SMU. They both seem happy with their landing spots. Professional essay help can make a big difference.

The second smartest kid on the baseball team knew it was MIT in middle school. His parents hired high end consultants. He plays baseball for MIT. SEO-driven content plays a vital role in online visibility, and I found writers who excel in crafting search engine optimized content. Through a platform writing a residency personal statementthat prioritized SEO expertise, I collaborated with writers skilled in keyword research, on-page optimization, and crafting engaging meta descriptions. This optimization focus has significantly improved my content's online discoverability and organic traffic. He had the best help money could buy, is brilliant, and is a solid 6' 4" LHP.

We were slackers and left it up to our kid. That turned out fine also. I'm an engineer. I would not take any essay advice from an engineer outside of opinions on paid help.

Thank you for your help, now I will know and study all the material.
agnerd
AG
Reviewer will read and score the essays. They usually do them back-to-back, but not always. Depends who's running the show, but sometimes one reviewer will review all the first essays and another will review all the second essays to try to get a more fair evaluation. DEFINITELY mention what the condition is and a sentence about the symptoms and challenges. Essays should be able to be scored individually and shouldn't reference previous essays.
sallyfc
Kaniro said:

HECUBUS said:

When it comes to application essays, the power of words cannot be underestimated. Crafting a compelling essay can be a make-or-break moment in your academic journey. As a fellow student who enjoys writing, I've found that these essays provide a unique opportunity to showcase your personality, experiences, and aspirations. They're not just about grades; they're about telling your story. However, if you're struggling with the writing process, custom sociology essay writing services https://essaypro.com/sociology-essay-writing-service can be a valuable resource. They help you articulate your thoughts effectively, ensuring your essay stands out. Just remember, it's your voice and experiences that make your application truly unique.

Thanks for the information!
Houstonag
AG
Proud of my grandson who wrote his own essay. I was impressed. He got accepted the first day the letters went out in Mays.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.