If You Think A&M is (or is Becoming) a Diploma Mill ...

16,630 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie73
TexasAggie81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Arizona State University is preparing to launch a free global educational initiative and aims to enroll 100 million students by 2030.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/arizona-state-university-looks-to-enroll-100-million-more-students-by-2030-11642674604?mod=djem10point
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yikes.

I know the title is rhetorical, but seems like an opportunity to remind folks that from 1980 to 2022, A&M has grown at the same rate as the state's population. We both essentially doubled. We are a state school in a big growing state. A diploma mill we are not. And with the landlocked school in Austin not being able to grow like we have, a degree from either of the 2 "flagship" schools has become much more exclusive than it used to be on a % of population basis.
BoDog
AG
yeah not quite sure I completely agree, Danny but hey... Gig 'em nonetheless!
DannyDuberstein
AG
You are free to disagree, but if we are a diploma mill in 2022, then we were also a diploma mill in 1982. Basic math. Probably moreso in '82 if you measure the caliber of entering freshman
DannyDuberstein
AG
And fwiw, I post this as a '96 grad who has a '25 fish.
double b
AG
We have no business having 65k+ students, and should focus more on building out our system schools to meet the regional needs of this state. Yey, Sharp and the BoR, keep creating pathways to stuff more and more students into the main campus.

rsf0626
Texas has grown so much in population over the past decade. A&M is trying to keep up.
rsf0626
double b
AG
rsf0626 said:

Texas has grown so much in population over the past decade. A&M is trying to keep up.

Obviously, you don't have a child trying to get into their engineering major of choice and has to settle for their second, or even third choice. You also don't have a child who is trying to arrange an in person visit with their departmental advisor. Also, have you tried to eat on campus during the lunch hour and encountered the long lines, or tried waiting for a bus?

We're too big and our resources are limited. Additionally, our system schools (outside of Galveston) have been relegated to third/fourth tier status in the state while the UT system has Dallas, San Antonio, and Arlington all ranking above one of our system schools.
aggie93
AG
double b said:

rsf0626 said:

Obviously, you don't have a child trying to get into their engineering major if choice and has to settle for their second, or even third choice of major. You also don't have a child who is trying to arrange an in person visit with their departmental advisor. Also, have you tried to eat on campus during lunch with the long lines or tried waiting for a bus?

We're too big and our resources are limited. Additionally, our system schools have been relegated to third/fourth tier status in the state while the UT system has Dallas, San Antonio, and Arlington all ranking above one of our system schools.
The UT System schools have done well because they are PUF schools. Virtually all of them are PUF eligible. In the A&M System only College Station, Galveston, Tarleton, and Prairie View are eligible for PUF money. If you look at the PUF dollars per student it is almost the same between the two Systems because of that. A&M has about 100k Students at eligible institutions, Texas has nearly 250k. That PUF money allows them to build infrastructure and that is why those schools have done so well.

Also Texas has physical limitations that makes growth beyond 50k in Austin very difficult. A&M does not. I am Class of '93 but my son is a HS Senior and touring the school and talking to the Colleges it is very different now. Back then you certainly had separation of the Colleges but nothing like now. Now there is significant physical distance between most of the Colleges in CS and the acceptance into those Colleges is treated very differently than it was then. In '89 when I was accepted to A&M you could major in anything, you just had to make certain grades to get into the Upper Level classes. Now you get accepted to your major out of HS or with your transfer and there is far less attrition from those colleges. A&M is really now a collection of Colleges on the same campus more than anything and it has to be in order to manage the size. It's truly impressive if you really walk the entire campus and visit with the different colleges just how incredibly well organized the school is and how much it has to offer. They do an amazing job of offering a great education to so many.

In my Freshman year you also had only about 40% graduate in 4 years and less than 60% graduate in 6 years. Lots of people flunked out. Now those numbers are more like 70% and 85%. If you get into CS you are almost certain to graduate.

The real test of a "Diploma Mill" though is what is the value? That's why the argument holds no water. A&M grads are always highly rated by corporate recruiters and they do very well in terms of starting and mid career salaries to go along with the large number of CEO's we produce. If you adjust for COL that favors the Northeast and California schools for their starting salaries of grads ($75k in NYC or SF is NOT the same as $75k in Houston or DFW) A&M has absolutely amazing value.

Is it perfect? Nope. There are flaws in the System and honestly how the State of Texas addresses Higher Ed. One of the things that hurts A&M the most honestly is we do nothing to cook the numbers in our favor when it comes to things like acceptance rates like so many other schools do. Last year we had 55k apply and just over 11k admitted as Freshman but because of all the alternate admissions our acceptance number is very high. In the end though that really isn't what matters in terms of our mission. Our mission is to provide a high quality education to as many Texans as possible and train them to lead the State going forward. It's not to try to move up a few spots on the USN rankings or to become Georgia Tech with amazing academic rankings but only 15k Undergrads. There are benefits to both but we are who we are.
double b
AG
You're still avoiding my statement about our system schools. They pale in comparison to UTs and the A&M system is letting them die on the vine.

Say what you want but we have no business having the numbers we do. Way too many engineer students on campus and there's no guarantee that a student will get the major they want. TAMU is excellent for low income or first -gen families (and their admission policies favor those populations), but it has become a less attractive option for those students who have several colleges to choose from.
BoDog
AG
Double b is absolutely correct. My youngest is flipping a coin between SMU and Baylor to study finance for many of these same reasons. You can draw similar parallels between Business and Engineering....
capital markets
AG
BoDog said:

Double b is absolutely correct. My youngest is flipping a coin between SMU and Baylor to study finance for many of these same reasons. You can draw similar parallels between Business and Engineering....

If you are willing, I'd love to hear more of what you are considering in choosing between SMU and Baylor.
BoDog
AG
Certainly. I am letting him make the decision, but SMU for example has a top flight business school (Cox) with close knit alumni network (albeit mostly in Dallas), gorgeous campus and obviously much smaller in size. He has that big fish in a small pond personality/preference.

He has grown up going to Aggie games since he was in kindergarten, has a ton of maroon and white in the closet, loves Jimbo, follows recruiting, etc. When this process started I just sort of imagined he would pick A&M, however I think he has come to realize that today's 68,000 student A&M isnt anything like the A&M his old man used to talk about. He is also a rather conservative kid (atleast from a soon to be 18 year old) and even he can see the "bend the knee" demeanor from our Marxist-like administration and faculty.

Last week at breakfast he said that maybe he will go to A&M for graduate school, law school, etc as if he was almost apologizing to me that A&M wont be in his immediate future. After that conversation I have come to realize how unfortunate it is that kids like him all over Texas are looking elsewhere. These are kids that fit the Aggie mold (or atleast the mold that I knew) and would have made incredible representatives of our school.
double b
AG
Also, based on your logic , you are perfectly okay with having 100k enrollment someday. Our state's population is not slowing down and if anything, is growing at an accelerated pace beyond many others.

TriAg2010
AG
double b said:

Also, based on your logic , you are perfectly okay with having 100k enrollment someday. Our state's population is not slowing down and if anything, is growing at an accelerated pace beyond many others.

That would be perfectly ok with me, yes.
BoDog
AG
TriAg, not saying you are wrong or incorrect but why would that enrollment be good with you? I feel like we are becoming East Arizona State.
aggie93
AG
double b said:

Perfectly ok? No doubt there are costs and benefits. A&M is a unique blend though of having the money and size to be a school of that size that can produce a large volume of high quality graduates. Essentially the school will continue to become more compartmentalized and be a collection of colleges. As long as we have the money to build and staff at a high level and we have the space to make it work feasibly there are worse things and there are definitely significant benefits. There are also a lot of savings and efficiencies by having all of those colleges in such close proximity and under the same University. A&M also has a centralized location directly in between the main population centers, 75% of the population of the State is within 200 miles in every direction.Even then it's crazy we are pushing 70k students and 94% are from Texas. Compare that with large public schools outside the State where 60% is often a big number.

The negatives are perception of a school that large and the loss of a closer knit feel. Lots of logistical issues to work through as well. If your goal is solely that you want A&M to become a Georgia Tech or maybe UF then you will be disappointed, that just isn't our mission and it isn't what is best for Texas as a State.

The UT System has already taken the burden of creating Tier 2 schools on a broad scale. They have almost 250k students in all of the UT System schools and they qualify for PUF money. They are helping with the regional issues. The A&M System schools help as well but most are Tier 3 or even Tier 4 but that's ok as well. The real problem is that none of those schools have a real chance at being Tier 1 in the next 20 years. UT Dallas is probably the most likely. Texas has 3 Tier 1 Schools in this State (Rice being the 3rd) and A&M is basically filling the void for offering Tier 1 for population growth. Texas and Rice aren't going to grow. Thus continuing to grow A&M in a smart manner makes a hell of a lot of sense.

It's just a very big picture to look at.
aggie93
AG
BoDog said:

Certainly. I am letting him make the decision, but SMU for example has a top flight business school (Cox) with close knit alumni network (albeit mostly in Dallas), gorgeous campus and obviously much smaller in size. He has that big fish in a small pond personality/preference.

He has grown up going to Aggie games since he was in kindergarten, has a ton of maroon and white in the closet, loves Jimbo, follows recruiting, etc. When this process started I just sort of imagined he would pick A&M, however I think he has come to realize that today's 68,000 student A&M isnt anything like the A&M his old man used to talk about. He is also a rather conservative kid (atleast from a soon to be 18 year old) and even he can see the "bend the knee" demeanor from our Marxist-like administration and faculty.

Last week at breakfast he said that maybe he will go to A&M for graduate school, law school, etc as if he was almost apologizing to me that A&M wont be in his immediate future. After that conversation I have come to realize how unfortunate it is that kids like him all over Texas are looking elsewhere. These are kids that fit the Aggie mold (or atleast the mold that I knew) and would have made incredible representatives of our school.
I think a lot of your issues there are with our admissions policies and on that I agree. They are making an effort to do more to fix it but it is a huge issue. With my son and kids in his class they can go to Arkansas or OU cheaper than A&M because they hand out in state tuition and it's a lot more attractive to those kids than doing Blinn Team or not being able to major in Business or Engineering because the slots are gone. They go out of state and make outstanding grades because they went to great HS's that prepared them.

On the other end you have the kids from those top HS's that are able to be Top 10 or 6%. They often are able to get into Rice or Vanderbilt or similar schools and get lots of recruiting and scholarship money. Or they have Baylor or other private schools drooling all over them and offering them A LOT of money. Since Mom and Dad make decent money they don't get jack from A&M other than an acceptance letter. So a lot of those kids go elsewhere.
double b
AG
aggie93 said:

double b said:

Perfectly ok? No doubt there are costs and benefits. A&M is a unique blend though of having the money and size to be a school of that size that can produce a large volume of high quality graduates. Essentially the school will continue to become more compartmentalized and be a collection of colleges. As long as we have the money to build and staff at a high level and we have the space to make it work feasibly there are worse things and there are definitely significant benefits. There are also a lot of savings and efficiencies by having all of those colleges in such close proximity and under the same University. A&M also has a centralized location directly in between the main population centers, 75% of the population of the State is within 200 miles in every direction.Even then it's crazy we are pushing 70k students and 94% are from Texas. Compare that with large public schools outside the State where 60% is often a big number.

The negatives are perception of a school that large and the loss of a closer knit feel. Lots of logistical issues to work through as well. If your goal is solely that you want A&M to become a Georgia Tech or maybe UF then you will be disappointed, that just isn't our mission and it isn't what is best for Texas as a State.

The UT System has already taken the burden of creating Tier 2 schools on a broad scale. They have almost 250k students in all of the UT System schools and they qualify for PUF money. They are helping with the regional issues. The A&M System schools help as well but most are Tier 3 or even Tier 4 but that's ok as well. The real problem is that none of those schools have a real chance at being Tier 1 in the next 20 years. UT Dallas is probably the most likely. Texas has 3 Tier 1 Schools in this State (Rice being the 3rd) and A&M is basically filling the void for offering Tier 1 for population growth. Texas and Rice aren't going to grow. Thus continuing to grow A&M in a smart manner makes a hell of a lot of sense.

Again, you are failing to address my point. By your logic, you are completely okay with the status quo our system school and relegating the entire system to second place of UT. I am not okay with that. Our flagship campus is meant to educate the very best within our state's borders and some beyond. I am perfectly okay with that mission. However, you are of the mindset that we can continue to grow and that the quality of the student's education experience will not come as a sacrifice. So hell, why don't we grow all our high schools into mega high schools and host 100 + students into of each class, cram a 1000 + students into each lunch hour, etc. We all know this is a not sustainable model of growth and the return on one's experience diminishes with respect to its size.

My biggest pet peeve is that Texas A&M decided a long time ago to shift their focus into another direction, I know because I was largely there a part of those conversations and did my best to redirect them as best as I could. Since I have left, things have progressively moved further and further into that direction.

If you want to talk about big picture, let's make an effort to grow our system into the best in our state, and eventually the nation. Our state has a lot of resources, and with the right type of foresight, the TAMU system has the opportunity to build up the other institutions instead of letting them wilt away into permanent cellar status. Right now, the Galveston campus (which is truly a diamond in the rough), is the only other campus that is comparable to another regional school in the state. However, from your attitude, you are content with retaining our "second" tier status in the state and cannot see that they are bigger opportunities ahead of us than the bragging rights of having 100K Aggies.

aggie93
AG
double b said:

aggie93 said:

double b said:

Again, you are failing to address my point. By your logic, you are completely okay with the status quo our system school and relegating the entire system to second place of UT. I am not okay with that. Our flagship campus is meant to educate the very best within our state's borders and some beyond. I am perfectly okay with that mission. However, you are of the mindset that we can continue to grow and that the quality of the student's education experience will not come as a sacrifice. So hell, why don't we grow all our high schools into mega high schools and host 100 + students into of each class, cram a 1000 + students into each lunch hour, etc. We all know this is a not sustainable model of growth and the return on one's experience diminishes with respect to its size.

My biggest pet peeve is that Texas A&M decided a long time ago to shift their focus into another direction, I know because I was largely there a part of those conversations and did my best to redirect them as best as I could. Since I have left, things have progressively moved further and further into that direction.

If you want to talk about big picture, let's make an effort to grow our system into the best in our state, and eventually the nation. Our state has a lot of resources, and with the right type of foresight, the TAMU system has the opportunity to build up the other institutions instead of letting them wilt away into permanent cellar status. Right now, the Galveston campus (which is truly a diamond in the rough), is the only other campus that is comparable to another regional school in the state. However, from your attitude, you are content with retaining our "second" tier status in the state and cannot see that they are bigger opportunities ahead of us than the bragging rights of having 100K Aggies.

First off, I'm not advocating anything I'm simply discussing the pluses and minuses to each and the political reality. Texas A&M has a mission and serves the State of Texas as a Tier 1 Public Research University. It does not have a mission to become the most elite Public University in the country. That has opportunities and limitations

There is nothing about A&M growing that "relegates Texas A&M to second place". Texas has nothing comparable to our Engineering building for instance and there are many majors that we offer that are far beyond anything at Texas and that isn't changing. We also have a significantly higher average salary for our grads at every stage.

If your goal is prestige or USN Ratings then those areas are going to be difficult to do well in if we continue to grow. Those aren't part of our mission though. FWIW we could do some things in terms of our admissions (especially how we report admissions) and recruiting that could make a much larger difference than limiting size btw. You seem to look at limiting size as some panacea and to put way too much value in subjective rankings. I prefer the objective ones. Endowment. Research spending. Average salary for graduates.

As for building up institutions that will take a Constitutional change to the PUF. Right now only 4 schools in our System get PUF money (CS, Galveston, Prairie View, and Tarleton) and none of them are ever going to be of significant size for different reasons. I completely agree with you on Galveston btw and it looks like my eldest is going to go there and study Marine Transportation (the trivia answer to "What major at Texas A&M has the highest pay for graduates with a Bachelor's Degree?" that very few people know). Galveston is awesome but it's physically very limited in size and mission. The reason it is awesome is because it acts as an adjunct offering specialties not available at CS and is basically just an extension of CS. The more you offer majors that are also offered at CS at Galveston or anywhere else they simply won't carry the same weight, it takes decades to build up a school. That's why I brought up the UT System example and UT Dallas and UTSA for instance. UT has been pouring money into those schools for a long time but they will likely never get above 2nd Tier outside of a few specialties (UTD in Comp Sci for instance, maybe).

I think there are good arguments that they should have done things differently when they set up the Public University blueprint in Texas long ago but that blueprint isn't easily changed. Look at other states and how they came up with their systems and there are pluses and minuses to each. Texas as a State has a very unique blueprint. Most states have either a Flagship University system where one school is far superior to everyone else (Florida for example) or they have a split specialty Flagship system where one school has the Liberal Arts, Business, and Law School and the other is Engineering and Ag focused (Alabama or Georgia for example) or they have a two tier System like California with the UC System being centralized to offer top level education and the State system to serve the rest of the populace. For many reasons the State of Texas doesn't fit any of those models and the PUF makes it even more complicated. Private schools also have traditionally filled a lot of the Tier 2 needs in Texas.

In the end it's not about what I would like or be happy with, it's about what is reality and making the best of it. There is no realistic way for there to be a 3rd Tier 1 Public University in Texas in the next 25 years and the demand for Tier 1 Education is huge because we have hundreds of thousands of HS grads every year in the State and some outstanding HS's that are superior as a whole to anything within 1000 miles from our state borders. Those numbers are only increasing as the State continues to add more highly educated workers in multiple industries. So the options to serve that need are limited. You simply can't look at A&M in a vacuum and prioritize purely based on what would be in the interest of the University and it's alumni no more than you can do that for Texas or any other Public school, those Universities serve the needs of the State and not the other way around.

As I stated, there are ways to improve our standing and to manage our growth that will continue to improve our status. There are also very real benefits of growth to go along with the challenges of it. Change is the only constant and that is especially true with the growth of our State. When I was accepted to A&M in '89 there were fewer than 17 million in Texas, we will soon be at 30 million. We have to deal with that reality and make choices based on that.

A&M has always changed btw for good and bad. My Dad was Head Yell in the '50s and it was all male/all military with 5k students. The school was poorly rated but the culture was far stronger than it will ever be again, I remember going to his 35th Class Anniversary with him (he was Class Agent) and out of a Class of around 1000 originally they had over 250 in attendance. For their 35th, not exactly one that people look at as a milestone. A&M was 43k when I went to school with 2k in the Corps and at that time we were growing in reputation but not in the AAU or anything close to the research powerhouse we are now. Things evolve and change.
double b
AG
Honestly, I don't care about our US News Ranking and not once have I mentioned that those rankings should guide our mission or decision making. You are the one who has repeatedly brought them up in our conversation. I for one think there are other ways for us to lift up the visibility and brand recognition of the A&M system then through the flagship campus only.

What I have repeatedly said, is that our BOR are so intent on building up our flagship that our system schools are in terrible shape, outside of Galveston. It is shameful how little resources they receive given the abundance that is at our system's disposal.

As an education consultant, I have NEVER recommended (or would recommend) any student to one our system schools (disclaimer: outside of Galveston) because that is how poorly I think of them. However, I have guided plenty of students to UT - Dallas, UTSA, and Arlington for reasons that were in the best interest of the student and family.

Our state continues to accumulate resources that outpaces the vast majority of other states, and we're in a very unique position to grow along with those resources. We should take advantage of that and grow our universities that are in line with the regional needs of our state and help provide citizens surrounding those communities with strong viable options.
TriAg2010
AG
BoDog said:

TriAg, not saying you are wrong or incorrect but why would that enrollment be good with you? I feel like we are becoming East Arizona State.

It is good with me because there is no "correct" enrollment ceiling.

I think the argument "we're becoming East Arizona State" wrongly assumes that enrollment growth means lower quality students. I've recruited Aggies continuously since I graduated >10 years ago. I've seen no decline in quality of Aggie graduates despite steady university growth. I just wrapped up a senior design project with the CS department and the students were exemplary.

I think the anti-growth faction is more honestly rooted in an aesthetic argument about what the university should look like rather than what mission it should serve.
aggie93
AG
double b said:

Honestly, I don't care about our US News Ranking and not once have I mentioned that those rankings should guide our mission or decision making. You are the one who has repeatedly brought them up in our conversation. I for one think there are other ways for us to lift up the visibility and brand recognition of the A&M system then through the flagship campus only.

What I have repeatedly said, is that our BOR are so intent on building up our flagship that our system schools are in terrible shape, outside of Galveston. It is shameful how little resources they receive given the abundance that is at our system's disposal.

As an education consultant, I have NEVER recommended (or would recommend) any student to one our system schools (disclaimer: outside of Galveston) because that is how poorly I think of them. However, I have guided plenty of students to UT - Dallas, UTSA, and Arlington for reasons that were in the best interest of the student and family.

Our state continues to accumulate resources that outpaces the vast majority of other states, and we're in a very unique position to grow along with those resources. We should take advantage of that and grow our universities that are in line with the regional needs of our state and help provide citizens surrounding those communities with strong viable options.
Then it sounds like your issue is with the Texas Constitution that does not permit access to PUF money to those A&M System schools. UT Dallas, UTSA, UT Arlingont etc all are PUF eligible. You can blame A&M if you want I suppose but the PUF is very specific in what it can and cannot be used for. I also don't think you are going to find a lot of folks who donate money to A&M College Station excited to hear their donations being used for A&M Corpus or West Texas A&M so where is the money going to come from if it isn't coming from those schools and their own efforts directly? If you want to start a movement to change the PUF that's fine. If you want to start funding drives for those schools that's fine as well. Being mad that College Station is being built up though because it has a ton of money is fruitless.

You have to understand the politics in education if you want to get to a solution. I'm not disagreeing with you that many of the other campuses shouldn't be built up either but essentially they have become a step above a JUCO in terms of education and very regionally focused or they are seen as feeder schools to CS. That's not all bad either. Once again you have what, 350k or so students graduating from Texas HS's every year and growing. If 30% go to college that's around 100k. It's a very complex issue and A&M is really just one small part of the larger issue the State of Texas has to deal with going forward.

What we can be thankful for was a very long time ago they set aside some worthless scrub land in West Texas hoping to get a bit of grazing fees out of it to help fund creating our Universities. That 2.1 million acres that was basically worthless back then has changed the direction of our State with what it has provided.
@coopercuffe
BoDog said:

your son may just not like A&M, because kids in Texas are certainly not looking to go elsewhere. record number of applications this year & nearly everybody I know is currently sweating a decision from A&M.
BoDog
AG
@coopercuffe said:

BoDog said:

your son may just not like A&M, because kids in Texas are certainly not looking to go elsewhere. record number of applications this year & nearly everybody I know is currently sweating a decision from A&M.
Yep, he certainly does not like A&M.

Dear God, reading comprehension certainly isn't your strength. Completely missed the point.
500,000ags
AG
I am guilty of complaining about our system schools too. The truth is that Texas having a system school in Dallas and San Antonio is the difference maker. Tarleton and PV are never going to compete with that footprint.
powerbelly
AG
BoDog said:

Honestly Tech is benefiting most from those not able to get into A&M and Texas but want to stay in state.

If SMU is attractive then I am not sure how much he would really like attending A&M (affinity for games not withstanding).

The culture at SMU is so different than A&M I can't image a person who loves one really liking the other for undergrad.
BoDog
AG
powerbelly said:

BoDog said:

Honestly Tech is benefiting most from those not able to get into A&M and Texas but want to stay in state.

If SMU is attractive then I am not sure how much he would really like attending A&M (affinity for games not withstanding).

The culture at SMU is so different than A&M I can't image a person who loves one really liking the other for undergrad.
Yep, it is a strange dichotomy. Completely agree. I think it is the size of SMU that is appealing in a way he never really recognized before-as all his experiences have been with large state schools. Honestly as much as A&M has changed I bet the cultural divide isnt as big as some would think (unfortunately).
powerbelly
AG
BoDog said:

powerbelly said:

BoDog said:

Yep, it is a strange dichotomy. Completely agree. I think it is the size of SMU that is appealing in a way he never really recognized before-as all his experiences have been with large state schools. Honestly as much as A&M has changed I bet the cultural divide isnt as big as some would think (unfortunately).
There is a huge Southern California contingent at SMU. It is the backup school for kids looking at USC and UCLA. A lot more hard drugs floating around SMU and much more attempting to show off status.

I would say the Dallas alumni network is very strong.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Arkansas, OSU, and OU seem to be benefitting a lot more than Tech. From where I've seen DFW kids going as 2nd choices (namely very solid Plano West kids), Tech has fallen well behind those 3. I know the point above was about those staying in state, but those 3 are basically providing in state prices to decent students which has helped them leap in front of TT.

And the point above about making the TAMU network stronger is spot on -> the locations are largely a major detriment and overcoming that is very tough
double
AG
Are you still an admission consultant? Do you have a child applying to TAMU?
BoDog
AG
Could not argue too much on that SMU take but I bet the avg SMU student is more conservative than the average A&M student (if you could somehow measure such a thing).
double b
AG
double said:

Are you still an admission consultant? Do you have a child applying to TAMU?

I'm an educational consultant, and I typically help about 20 - 25 students each year apply to Texas A&M and to colleges nationally.
specul8or
Do you help transfer students also?
double b
AG
specul8or said:

Do you help transfer students also?
Yes, I have successfully placed several transfer students into Texas A&M (business, architecture, engineering, etc.).
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.