Admission Application Essay Question

3,731 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by IkePatterson
NomadicAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I notice this year that my senior is asked to give responses to three separate topics that include 1) Diversity 2) Person who has most impacted your life and why, and 3) describe a life event that has prepared you to be successful in college.

What is the expectation for how long each response should be? I've seen 250-300 words and I've seen 500-750. Just trying to get a good handle on what the admission counselors are expecting to see. Any help or guidance is most appreciated.

Thanks!
double b
AG
I've been coaching my students to write about 200-250 words. Can be longer if the response warrants it.
bmks270
AG
Anyone have examples of "life events?"

double b
AG
bmks270 said:

Anyone have examples of "life events?"

Feel free to use anything that demonstrates the development of college transition skills. Some examples can discuss independence, learning to live with others, taking ownership of their education. Anything that suggest they are ready for college.
DavidPellot
As far as I know, the essay shouldn't be longer than 650 words
That's how my teacher advised me
IkePatterson
Hello. Usually they require from 250 to 400 words, but here lies the problem. Very often, universities or colleges have very different ideas about the design, size, and so on for essays and dissertations. And then you have to redo a lot of work. I recently did proposal writing for phd, and after several revisions, I simply ordered my work with the guarantee that they would fix it for me if it didn't fit, and I didn't bother with it anymore.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.