TAMUG transfer admissions

2,343 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AggieAdvisor16
Agwalker430
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey guys so I was wondering if anyone knows how tough it is to get into the TAMUG branch with a great gpa but 3 withdrawals and a single course retake at community college?
histag10
AG
Exactly as hard as it is to get into TAMU CS. Galveston is part of main campus, so the admission standards are the same .
tcfitz3
AG
With all due respect to histag10, TAMUG has its own separate admissions office. The deadline is later, and the requirements are different. It's easy to talk to an admissions counselor, but I suggest making an appointment and visiting in person. I am a CS grad but taught at TAMUG for 25 years.
AggieAdvisor16
AG
TC is right on this one. Galveston should be less competitive than College Station. Based on what you said, it sounds like you are a transfer student. Unless things are vastly different there, transfer admission decisions are made by the department you apply to, not the Office of Admissions. So a lot of the competitiveness will be based on the size and stature of the program you're applying to.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.