After reading the guidelines for my make-up graduation ceremony, I sent this letter to TAMU. I doubt it will ever reach anyones desk, but I couldn't keep it to myself. I'm sick and tired of the hypocrisy and mainstream agenda being pushed by university admins who did not even attend Texas A&M. If anyone has any other email addresses or suggestions as to where to send it, I'm all ears (doubt it will change a single thing though).

"Howdy,

My name is Nicole Brinkley, class of 2019. I took a victory lap and was scheduled to graduate with a B.S. in Construction Science on May 9th, 2020.

After reading the guidelines for the makeup graduation ceremony for Spring 2020 graduates, I am absolutely appalled. I gave the university the benefit of the doubt and expected that I would have unlimited tickets for family members since it will be held outside. Given that y'all PACKED the stadium for football season and hardly enforced guidelines, it's disgusting that graduates cannot participate in any processional, recessional or normal ceremony of any sorts. And staggered arrival times...really?! Funny how that wasn't implemented for football games. We are being treated like infected prisoners after spending years devoting ourselves to academics and extracurriculars that have aided in the increasingly high ranking of the university, and not to mention, thousands of dollars in tuition.

Once a highly regarded, traditional school is following in the footsteps of far-left indoctrination camps like the majority of American universities. A university of profound leaders now appears to be a ship of fools. This would be a perfect time for Texas A&M to stand out amongst the rest (which we used to be known for) and reject the authoritarian principles that are so mainstream these days. However, we are not taking that route to be a leader. Rather, we are following the masses and going down the same dangerous path that will eventually result in complete destruction of every value that Texas A&M used to hold and exemplify. Our values, our traditions, and the pillars that the university was built upon are quickly fading and it's a shame to witness it. The administration is holding far higher regard for a virus that has a mortality rate of 0.03%, than they are for their graduates. We have been refused a ceremony that is anything less than a complete joke. Furthermore, not even a courtesy email notifying us that we can only have 6 guests--hardly enough to cover immediate family for many. After a whole year of waiting for a graduation ceremony, seeing December graduates walk the stage before us, and hearing NOTHING about any plans to make ours happen; it's disgusting that this half-ass plan is the one you settled with. The farce of a "ceremony" that has been planned is nothing celebratory, special or endearing. It will resemble a complete lack of humanity, compassion, pride and achievement on behalf of the Texas A&M faculty. I knew y'all didn't care much about students, but now that I am a former student, I know you don't care about us either unless we have a deep deep pocket for donations!

Show some respect for your students and graduates. I know that I speak for MANY when I say I have zero interest in donating a single penny to the school I loved so much. It's not the same Aggie Spirit anymore, but I will always remember and cherish the old Aggie Spirit that truly was so grand.

Thank you,
Nicole Brinkley '19"