Blinn Team to TAMU College of Engineering

2,979 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TAM85
TAM85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So I have a son who is about to complete year two of Blinn Team. He wants to get into the engineering at A&M (maybe ME). His grades are good and he will have completed courses through Engineering Cal 3 and Physics 2, some at A&M and some at Blinn.

His counselor told him she thinks he will have to apply into a college at A&M (other than engineering) then apply to transfer into engineering. This doesn't seem to make sense, why can he not just apply into engineering?

Does anyone know how this works or who in the engineering department at A&M may be able to help?

Thanks,
double b
AG
I would contact the advisor of your intended department directly. Check the TAMU website for transfer admissions. They will have a list of converted degree plans and the contact info for the advisor.
TAMUAdmissions
AG
He can review Blinn TEAM details at https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM. For example, the site points out that his primary academic advisor with A&M is located in the Transition Academic Programs (TAP) Advising Office. He can review the site, make a list of specific questions he has as he is doing so, and then contact his primary academic advisor for answers.
TAM85
I couldn't get that link to work, but it may be close enough to find it. Thanks
histag10
AG
TAM85 said:

I couldn't get that link to work, but it may be close enough to find it. Thanks

Take the period off the end of the hyperlink. They were ending their sentence, and it included the period in the link.
scd88
AG
You can PM me and I can help you with information. Deadline is tomorrow and your son has to do a change of curriculum form.

The link is on the TAMU registrars webpage. Registrar.tamu.edu. Look up "student change of major" and the form is on there.

Here is the link to the form:

https://engineering.tamu.edu/mechanical/admissions-and-aid/admission-guidelines.html

Deadline is tomorrow.
TAM85
Thanks SCD. I saw your response last night. He applied to ID last week.
TAM85
I found out today that he was accepted into ME (yeah, I may be a bit proud of him). Hoping he does it ....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.