Waitlist vs TEAM?

20,257 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by shannon0875
NC Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My daughter heard from TAMU today and her options are Waitlist Only, Waitlist & Team, or Team Only.

This is different than when my son got into A&M 2 years ago. What is waitlist? How long do we have to wait?

She accepted the waitlist and team option. She was sent a reply that she is now being considered but is not guaranteed either option. She would be offered PSA if full admit or TEAM cannot be offered.

Very confusing. How do we wait for another decision while housing, etc is filling up? When did waitlist become an option?

TAMUAdmissions
AG
Wait list is new. Her letter should have a lot of details in it. A&M is not through with full admission yet. All decisions should be finished by March.

Your daughter should call an admissions counselor at 979-458-0950. They will be glad to discuss in detail any questions she may have.
sbs
AG
My daughter also heard this morning. When she first logged on it appeared she had been accepted she just needed to make the choice of waitlist or team. This afternoon she logged on to make her choice and the wording changed to considered. Talk about a roller coaster ride. Now she has to wait until 1 April.
Kmh02
Same thing happened to a friend and I this morning. It appeared we had been accepted but when we read the fine print it just said we were under consideration. Curious to see how this all plays out. Keep us updated!
Kmh02
GoAgs92
AG
My kids says the same thing as always....in review.

If they get in all the on campus housing will be gone...blah

Oh well, Texas State is giving good money for them to go
Kmh02
Does anyone know any information about the waitlist for full admission and the being considered for TEAM? I don't ever get emails from the university like some have, and my mail service is very slow, so I probabaly won't have a letter with any details for a few weeks. Has anyone officially been offered TEAM? And are anymore holistic review kids going to be accepted? I'd really like to be able to hear back before April. I applied beginning of July. Also, many thanks to the admissions people on here for helping answer questions.
TAMUAdmissions
AG
A variety of decisions are still being made. Each letter will have details about any offers for that particular applicant. A&M hopes to finish by March.

You can call an admissions counselor at 979-458-0950.
TAMUAdmissions
AG
P.S. You would have received an email from A&M a few days after you applied (check spam/junk mail folder if needed). That would have given instructions on how to set up your AIS page. AIS will always have the most current information that Admissions is aware of. Decisions are posted there before the letter would actually arrive in the mail.
sbs
AG
My daughter just found out that she got admitted to Texas A&M Blinn Team, so hopefully you also heard back from admissions.
Kmh02
was she also part of the waitlist thing?
sbs
AG
She had the choice to be considered for wait list, Blinn Team, or both. She chose just to be considered for wait list. If you haven't heard yet and chose to be considered for both, I am sure they are waiting to see if they can offer you admission from the wait list.
NC Ag
AG
Congrats on Team Blinn. My daughter has not heard and it still status waitlist for TAMU and Team Blinn. Anxious days for sure. The 2 girls that my daughter planned to room with at A&M have now both heard and were given the PSA option. Both have applied to attend Blinn and then plan to transfer to TAMU.
jc091700
My daughter was also waitlisted and considered for TEAMS. She is interested in Nursing and she chose Applied Health as her major when she was applying. My daughter is president of a school club, is in multiple extra-curriculars, and a member of a charitable organization. I am hopeful she gains admission, but heart broken that I lead her astray in the selection of her major. Does her major choice on the application matter? Can she make an adjustment to AG Science? I feel like I failed to give her good advice. Thanks in advance.
TAMUAdmissions
AG
Choice of major is not a factor for freshmen admissions. Applicants can see if the change of major link on AIS is active for the major they want (if it still has room). It is a good idea for her to call an admissions counselor at 979-458-0950 before making that decision.
shannon0875
We are still on waitlist and it is April 2. What is the decision date supposed to be?
TAMUAdmissions
AG
Hopefully you will hear in the next couple of weeks.
aggal98
AG
shannon0875 said:

We are still on waitlist and it is April 2. What is the decision date supposed to be?
We are still on the waitlist, too. Becoming discouraged now that it is April 5th...
shannon0875
How will it work trying to get housing? Will there be any Freshman dorms left this late in the game?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.