Blinn Team vs Regular Blinn and transfer?

18,245 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GoAgs92
brownandred
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone else think it's better to just go to Blinn and transfer in like we used to back in the day?
The full admission requirements seem like they are tougher for Blinn Team.

Is being half an Aggie worth paying double fees at Blinn and A&M?

What have others done in the same situation ?

My kid is interested in Business, or Science at the moment.

Thanks
OptimisticAggie22
AG
I'm a Sophomore at Texas A&M and did the Engineering Academy at Blinn, so Blinn Team for Engineers basically. I would say do the Blinn Team because you don't have to apply to get into A&M. If you do full Blinn and then want to transfer you risk not getting accepted into TAMU later down the road
kyle field 94
AG
I have heard how hard it is to get into the engineering school at A&m. Were you able to transfer into the engineering school from blinn team, or did you get into a&m but had to choose a different college?
AggieAdvisor16
AG
I work in an engineering department on campus. I would strongly recommend the Blinn Team, especially if your student is thinking about a competitive major. Having specific benchmarks to hit for admission would be important to me. Transferring into certain majors can be incredibly competitive. We have students come in through the Blinn Academy that I never would have accepted as a traditional transfer student. I think knowing that you are guaranteed admission if you perform to a preset standard is very valuable.
TaxAg19
AG
I just graduated this past May and was a Blinn Team admit. I had a great experience and it was exactly what I needed to help me succeed as a student and eventually graduate from A&M.

When I went through the program, they still had several majors that were auto-admits if you had a certain GPA at the end of the program. I was able to get into Mays this way and later on got into PPA. I don't think they have that as much anymore, but I'm of the opinion that if students do well in the program, that generally are able to transfer in.

I stayed and took summer classes my freshman year and was able to finish the program, which if you plan everything right isn't too difficult to make happen. I would definitely recommend doing this.

All in all, it was great for me because it lit a fire under my butt and forced me to get my stuff together. There are definitely people that don't take it seriously and then don't transfer successfully, but I think I'm general it's a great program!
brownandred
Thank you for the replies, very helpful..
mccjames
AG
As the parent of a Blinn team freshman I can answer a lot of questions.

Team is based at rellis campus, you are considered an A&M student with all of the benefits of being full time student.

If you go full Blinn you will not be at A&M, and will not have those resources or experiences.

We were very skeptical about team, however, it has proven to be an excellent program with my daughter moving full time to A&M her Sophmore year.

If you have any other questions pm me and I will try to answer.
Burn-It
AG
My daughter received notice that she was invited to the TAMUS Academic Alliance at RELLIS. I'm guessing that is different than TEAM? It looks like she can transfer to the main campus with a certain number of hours and GPA? I'm thinking this is good, but curious if others can explain the difference between this and TEAM and any experience they have had.
AKA 13-0
TAMUAdmissions
AG
RELLIS is not associated with Texas A&M University but with the TAMU System. Details on RELLIS can be seen at https://rellis.tamus.edu/ They have a form at their site where you can request more information.

Basically, students complete freshman and sophomore-level coursework with Blinn prior to transferring to one of the TAMU System schools (other than Texas A&M University).in the same location.

Your daughter should also contact whomever she received the invitation from to get additional information.

Details on Blinn TEAM (which is entirely different) can be seen at https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM
brownandred
My son accepted the Team offer and is now FTAC of '24!

Thanks all for the help.
bduffyroberts
Congratulations! Is doing the engineering path
ATMSIG
AG
Howdy,
I'm class of 93 and my wife is class of 95. My son was given the opportunity to choose Waitlist, Blinn Team, or both. He chose both. I assume that means he is still being reviewed by TEAM Blinn, non engineering. As of today, he has not heard anything. Is TEAM Blinn for non engeers already full? Just trying to take into consideration other options if both Texas A&M and TEAM are full. Thank you for your help.
brownandred
Science route for now
Kmh02
so my major on howdy has now changed to TEAM. still only have 3 tabs though and no update to AIS. Does this mean I will be blinn team or am I only under consideration for it now?
ATMSIG
AG
Good morning,
My son's major has been changed to General Studies at TEAM, he change major button has disappeared and on his HOWDY he now has six tabs. Does this mean he will receive his acceptance to TEAM soon? Thank you for your time.
TAMUAdmissions
AG
A&M is very close to finishing freshmen decisions but is not quite there yet. The Applicant Information System (AIS) is where you will first see the decision. It will be very clear when a decision is made. AIS also has a statement at the top as to your current situation.

http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted has additional detailed links under both Alternative Admission Decisions and Other Pathways for those who wish more details about what the different offers may provide.

You can always call an admissions counselor at 979-458-0950.
GoAgs92
AG
Can't imagine why anyone would do RELLIS seems like a no win for the student.
TAMUAdmissions
AG
https://rellis.tamus.edu/ has the details for those who want to explore what RELLIS has to offer. It brings ten regional universities and Blinn College to one location in Bryan.

histag10
AG
GoAgs92 said:

Can't imagine why anyone would do RELLIS seems like a no win for the student.

It allows them to party in college station for 2 years....
GoAgs92
AG
Just go To community college, you are almost guaranteed to get into the system schools after that and you MIGHT get into A&M save the $$$$
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.