A&M Nursing school

2,500 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by histag10
Ag92NGranbury
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I have a daughter that is interested in nursing school... is Texas A&M's nursing school all 4 years in College Station or do you have to go elsewhere after 2?

Thanks in advance!
AggieAdvisor16
AG
A&M's nursing school is in College Station. Not exactly on campus, but about 5 minutes down the road at the Health Science Center campus. I also know a handful of girls that did a few years at A&M and then their nursing program portion at another institution.
histag10
AG
It's kind of 4 years. The first 2 years are not done through the College of Nursing, but rather after 2 years, you apply to them. You can do your first 2 years at TAMU in a different major. I believe several do public health.

The college of nursing is part of the health science center in Bryan, but students are still considered full students at Texas A&M University (much like Galveston)
AgFan1999
AG
You can also get a degree from the main campus, then apply to the accelerated program. At which point you'd have 2 undergrad degrees (your primary major and nursing).
DonCurtis
You can do two years at A&M and then apply to nursing school, but it is much cheaper to just complete the prerequisites at a community college and then apply to a BSN program rather than pay A&M tuition and fees. Also, the 2+2 programs are extremely competitive - I think it makes more sense to get the four-year undergraduate degree in X - Public Health, Allied Health, etc., and then the professional BSN degree - accelerated BSN's will only take an additional 18 months, and then you'll have both degrees which will give you a better perspective as a health care provider.
histag10
AG
Working on 4 year retention rates for CLPH? I kid. Yall are doing great things over there.

Also, I vaguely remember you instilling the fear of God in me as an incoming student in the College of Liberal Arts.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.