Valedictorian vs. Salutatorian - Scholarships (Help/Advice)

5,290 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by vacating FL410
Agilaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My daughter is a senior in high school. As of right now, it looks like she will graduate as either Salutatorian or Valedictorian. She has put in a ton of work and we are extremely proud of her. I currently have a son at A&M and my daughter's dream school is A&M too (accepted last week) . What we are needing advice/help on: what is the likelihood of getting any type of large scholarship to A&M as the Salutatorian of a 5A school in Texas?; what is the likelihood of getting any type of large scholarship to A&M as Valedictorian, other that the first year full scholarship?; suggestions on other high quality universities to look at where she would likely get a large scholarship or full scholarship as the Valedictorian or Salutatorian.

Our real desire is for her to be an Aggie. We hope the economics of paying for our son at A&M now, and other universities coming up with large scholarships for our daughter that A&M won't or can't provide as well, don't ultimately move us in another direction. Thoughts and advice greatly appreciated.
histag10
AG
Send an email to scholarships@tamu.edu for specific inquiries.

Scholarships at A&M are very competitive, and look at the student holistically (not just class rank).
TexasAggie73
AG
my daughter was top in her high school and received very little is scholarships from A&M. The valedictorian scholarship only covered tuition and not required fees. This was back in 2007. She did receive a $2000 a semester from A&M.
I found that unless one is a Nation Merit or first generation student that money is tight.
By the way she ended up with a double major and had all A's and one B at A&M. She did received a full ride for her masters and PhD at UT-Dallas.
vacating FL410
My daughter was valedictorian (2007) and her twin was salutatorian. She got the typical tuition scholarship the first year from TAMU. We were ignorant of how the system works for scholarships and received little to no advice from the school. That's on us, we should have done more research. She's an MD now so it's all good I guess. $$$$$

If you (OP) are just now looking into this it may be too late. Good luck.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.