Best GRE study book

1,740 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Token
All_In_Ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy Ags,

Any recommendations on the best GRE book out there?

Thanks & Gig 'em
BDub3
AG
I didn't use a book, but I did use magoosh.com to prepare and it helped a ton. There are videos to teach you all you need to know and video explanations for each practice question. They also have two practice tests you can take. The prices are super reasonable as well. I think it's somewhere around $100 for 6 months with a coupon you can find online (SAVE25GRE). Definitely worth the extra $50-60 IMO to have someone teaching you through videos instead of through a book. Plus they have phone apps to help with vocabulary and math concepts. They make it really easy to study at your own pace.
All_In_Ags
I appreciate it.
HPAgFan
Additionally, you can download free study software from www.ets.org - It's called the PowerPrep II Software. It also has two exams that you can take as many times as you want to get a feel for how you might perform on the exam.
hangman
I used magoosh for the GMAT and it was the quickest way to get up to speed. You can watch the videos on your cell phone so it makes studying on the go easy. I then bought the official guide with real GMAT practice problems.

The Manhattan Prep books were expensive and I did not find them nearly as useful as Magoosh videos.
Token
AG
Depends on the score you're trying to get. If you're trying to get into a top school, I'd use manhattan and target test prep. I used both for heavy gmat (and magoosh but their site UI is awful and cumbersome) prep
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.