Readmission

2,717 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Esteban du Plantier
ChaseAG22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have applied for readmission to Texas A&M for the college of education. I am very eager to come back and finish my degree. I have been back at community college here in Dallas and maintained a 4.0. I also have been accepted to TAMU-Commerce

Does anyone know the acceptance rate for readmits? What else should I do to assist in my acceptance?

Thanks and Gig'em
TAMUAdmissions
AG
Admission decisions are made by each college and major. They will give preference to the applicants with the highest grade point ratio (GPR) and the most courses completed in the Degree Track for the major designated on the application.
AgFan131
For what college/department?
ChaseAG22
AG
College of Education

Ec-6th cerification.
AgFan131
You need to go speak with the dean of academic affairs, Dr. Beverly Irby in Harrington Tower. She is is no nonsense but very approachable and most concerned with student success. Pm me if you have any other questions.
g_werch
AG
I would reach out to whoever your adviser was previously. I kept mine in the loop while I was at Blinn and they gave me a specific action plan for getting back in.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I was readmitted into a different major than I was originally studying.

I visited with the advisor and Department head a year before I got readmitted. They gave me a list of courses to take and expectations over the following two semesters and guaranteed I'd be admitted if I met their expectations. I made the grades and got readmitted.

I'm not sure if every major is the same, but in mine they rejected every readmit that had not already met and spoken to them.

Best of luck. I'm confident that failing out and busting my ass to get back in was the best thing that ever happened. Had I skated by with a 2.0, I'm not sure where I'd be now. Once I was readmitted, I made a 4.0 and eventually got a couple graduate degrees. That would have never happened otherwise.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.