Chances of getting in

38,439 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 3in33
aelilya
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In AIS, it says "Note: Your major may change as a normal part of the admissions review process." so I understand this can happen, but I don't know what our change means exactly:

My son chose CEEN (Computer and Electrical Engineering) 1st and MEEN (Mechanical Engineering) 2nd when he made his TAMU application (8/1/2017). Note that he is an auto admit (class rank, as well as SAT). When we recently checked his application it listed his major choices as follows:

Choice #1
College - Undeclared College
Major - Engineering Review
Degree - BAC (<---from old posts I understand this is just an abbreviation for Bachelor's Degree)

Choice #2
College - Engineering
Major - Computer Engineering - CEEN (<----listed as his 1st choice major when he applied)
Degree - BS
TAMUAdmissions
AG
All applicants who select Engineering as a first choice major, including those who qualify for automatic admission to the University via Top 10% or Academic admission, will be reviewed holistically for placement into General Engineering. So what you are seeing on AIS is normal for your situation.
Newfreshman
Son applied for Engineering at the end of August 2017.

Quick basics even though I believe they do a holistic review now He is 11.6% (126/1077)in his class and has an Act score of 34 (35 on math).

When do notices go out for Engineering majors-- only asking as I know they do things differently than the rest of the school.
TAMUAdmissions
AG
Early Action applicants to Engineering (who have a complete file here by October 15) should hear around mid-December. Engineering applicants who meet the December deadline hopefully will hear about mid-January. All applicants to Engineering go through a holistic review now.
jml2621
Texas A&M uses rolling admissions, so the earlier you apply, the better chance at landing the engineering major you want. Biomedical Engineering fills up fast. July or the first half of August is wise. Important as it affects the Frosh GPA needed to lock down a major.
3in33
Quote:

Texas A&M uses rolling admissions, so the earlier you apply, the better chance at landing the engineering major you want.
Starting with class 2021 (current freshmen) all engineering applicants undergo holistic review for fitness for the major.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.