TRX said:
Serious questions:
1. Is it possible for the hopefully surviving wife to sue the judge?
2. Not that it would happen in filly but in a sane jurisdiction could a DA prosecute the judge?
3. Am I correct to assume the answers to 1 and 2 are based on local or state laws and not federal?
Horrible event and guy needs to be behind bars for the rest of his life - probably psych ward.
Am I missing something though? Guy with no criminal history breaks into his ex-girlfriends apartment and steals two phones and laptop when she wasn't there. No bail while awaiting trail - which proably would take 6 months to a year to get there.
Are we saying the judge is responsible for not locking him up and throwing away the key for that burglary? Should he have spent that 6 months to a year in jail waiting for trial? If he had spent that time in jail, would he have gone nuts after that time and done something similar. If there had been a bail dollar figure - when he posted bail would this have stopped it? This guy had a psychotic episode - don't think he would have been a good boy just because there was a $10k bail riding on it.
I don't see anything in the story (or the linked story to his original arrest) that tells me this is a massive screw up to let him out. I'm sure he was a horrible person - chances are criminal for other things. But nothing that I see to get enraraged about him being out for two phones and a laptop.
My thoughts on bail - don't care how much money you have - if you are a dangerous criminal or a flight risk, you don't get out.
