Malibu said:
Government response: Decriminalization has failed. Full stop. This is something I was wrong about. Being strung out on the street is not your God given right to be free. You can and should be arrested for possession, and potential placed under conservatorship until you are sober. This necessarily means more government spending.
I was wrong too. While I agree with it for MJ, and a few things like psilocybin, visiting downtown LA in May of 2022 woke me the F up. I could not believe how bad it was..obviously amplified by no one having gone back to the office yet, normal people staying off the streets etc. It was BAD...the entire thing was one big skid row.
Many of those people were legitimately psychotic or schizzophrenic, and the hard drug use is sort of a chicken and egg deal when that level of psychosis is in the mix. Many of these people are simply crazy and self medicating imo and just do not belong out in society. It sucks, but it is what it is. They are threats to everyone else as well as themselves. It's bad in parts of Texas, but nowhere like that...Califnornia basically started encouraging and incentivizing it...and removing social taboos. Not good.