It's refreshing to see non-politically correct comedians again

5,613 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by ToddyHill
Thunderstruck xx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here's a compilation of more of her stuff.


aggie93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This reminds me of "The Name of the Rose" which was a great book and movie centered around the lost 2nd book Aristotle or more accurately the lost sections of the book dealing with comedy. The main point being that Aristotle (who though while a pagan and pre dating Christ was deeply influential in Christian philosophy) wrote about the power of humor and comedy which contrasted with the far more serious nature of is previous book of Poetics. The idea being that the Church was threatened by comedy and they understood the power of humor against authority.

The point is less about the truth or not of Aristotle's book but rather the idea that power hates comedy because it undermines them like nothing else can. That is why political correctness and Woke was all about telling you what you could and couldn't say and what was and what was not funny. It's all about control. It's refreshing to see more comedians continuing to point out the ridiculousness of that.
Hardcore Greg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
waitwhat? said:

Right about Islam, wrong about pit bulls.

Sorry bro...yours may be good, but make sure you ALWAYS socialize it.

Untrained or neglected pit bulls are the absolute worst. We had renter in our neighborhood and twice their pits got out...one time it started to attack a mail person but they were able to get to an elevated position and call 911. The next time, a few months later, one got out again and attacked a young mother who was walking her infant in a stroller. She put herself between her baby and the dog and just let it attack her as she screamed in agony. Ripped her arm up bad but thankkfully someone was able to come to her aid.

Acting like these incidents dont disproportionately involve pits (and a few other aggressive breeds that were bred for violence) is basically asking everyone to be stupid and ignore their eyes, ears and brains.

THEY WERE BRED TO BE THIS WAY. It's not their fault. But too many people own them because it makes them feel cool/tough...and a lot of these people are not trainign them AT ALL.
GeorgiAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was doing insurance defense back in the day and had summary judgment oral argument on a dog bite case involving pit bulls (they were mutts, but the Plaintiff lawyer just stated they were) down in Columbus, Ga. There is (was) Georgia case law that the breed of dog is not relevant. The Plaintiff lawyer kept repeating and stressing the pit bull this and pit bull that.

I brought up the case and the judge said, "son, in my court I decide what's relevant." Lost the case, appealed it, Court of Appeals used it to eviscerate the One Bite Rule and hit the front page of the State legal rag for destroying the one bite rule. Ga. Supreme Court denied cert. (It used to be law that the owner had to have PRIOR knowledge of a dog's vicious propensity. So, every dog got "one free bite.")

Anywho. You don't want to go to court as the owner of a pit bull. Sorry dogs, I tried.
milner79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ToddyHill said:

This woman is SO SPOT on. I pray for her safety!

I'll volunteer to take night watch.
nomad2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thunderstruck xx said:

Here's a compilation of more of her stuff.





The most popular stand-up comedians are even more politically-incorrect than her. They just have much more nuance than "blank is like blank, because blank". It was enough to get a few sensible chuckles out of the crowd though.

Politically incorrect stand up never went anywhere.
GeorgiAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nomad2007 said:

Thunderstruck xx said:

Here's a compilation of more of her stuff.





The most popular stand-up comedians are even more politically-incorrect than her. They just have much more nuance than "blank is like blank, because blank". It was enough to get a few sensible chuckles out of the crowd though.

Politically incorrect stand up never went anywhere.

Bill Burr? Hello?

He had a bit about what did women do to deserve an *** kicking. Daniel Tosh did a bit on "it's kinda cool that whites pulled off slavery."
nomad2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GeorgiAg said:

nomad2007 said:

Thunderstruck xx said:

Here's a compilation of more of her stuff.





The most popular stand-up comedians are even more politically-incorrect than her. They just have much more nuance than "blank is like blank, because blank". It was enough to get a few sensible chuckles out of the crowd though.

Politically incorrect stand up never went anywhere.

Bill Burr? Hello?

He had a bit about what did women do to deserve an *** kicking. Daniel Tosh did a bit on "it's kinda cool that whites pulled off slavery."


I saw Tosh do that bit in person in Kansas City. Everyone of all races were in stitches.

Shane Gillis as well, "Being racist isn't something you just always are or aren't. It's like being hungry. Sure you might not be right now, but if a cheeseburger cuts you off in traffic……?"
StandUpforAmerica
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GeorgiAg said:

nomad2007 said:

Thunderstruck xx said:

Here's a compilation of more of her stuff.





The most popular stand-up comedians are even more politically-incorrect than her. They just have much more nuance than "blank is like blank, because blank". It was enough to get a few sensible chuckles out of the crowd though.

Politically incorrect stand up never went anywhere.

Bill Burr? Hello?

He had a bit about what did women do to deserve an *** kicking. Daniel Tosh did a bit on "it's kinda cool that whites pulled off slavery."

And then Bill Burr became this.

BrazosDog02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
She came across my doom scroll feed because I watch a crap ton of stand up from all sorts. I went ahead and watched more of her stuff. I get it. I get the jokes. She just isn't that funny to me. I think she could be if she reels in the reliance on low level political talking points. She is missing a huge aspect of standup that that greats have.

Give that joke to Dave Chappelle, Ricky Gervais, and any number of experienced comedians and you'll know what I mean. My concern is that there is a small subset of folks with shallow humor requirements that will just listen to her because she is saying insulting things. Good for clicks, not so great if she wants to make a career. She reminds me of Ben Bankas. He could also be great, but he's pretty cringey. You also have people like Marc Maron…he's just malicious and not funny for the same reasons.
GeorgiAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
StandUpforAmerica said:

GeorgiAg said:

nomad2007 said:

Thunderstruck xx said:

Here's a compilation of more of her stuff.





The most popular stand-up comedians are even more politically-incorrect than her. They just have much more nuance than "blank is like blank, because blank". It was enough to get a few sensible chuckles out of the crowd though.

Politically incorrect stand up never went anywhere.

Bill Burr? Hello?

He had a bit about what did women do to deserve an *** kicking. Daniel Tosh did a bit on "it's kinda cool that whites pulled off slavery."

And then Bill Burr became this.




For a portion of the population that killing touched a nerve. Ignore that at your peril
BrazosDog02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's funny how we don't like what he said about it, but we laughed when Chris Rock said ...

"I'm not saying he should have killed her... but I understand"
Jarrin Jay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Leonarda Jonie





ToddyHill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I did watch another one of her videos where I said, "I'm out, can't go there." It was her joke about the United States not winning the Olympic Gold Metal, and how they could change that so they would win the Gold.

I'm not going to make a big deal of it...but I found that particular joke very inappropriate.
ToddyHill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

She is GREAT and always spot on.

Sorry Rocky...but her inferred reference to Sandy Hook was unwarranted. She's still good, but I'd suggest she tap the brakes on that one.
chickencoupe16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ToddyHill said:

I did watch another one of her videos where I said, "I'm out, can't go there." It was her joke about the United States not winning the Olympic Gold Metal, and how they could change that so they would win the Gold.

I'm not going to make a big deal of it...but I found that particular joke very inappropriate.

I didn't think the joke was particularly good but it wasn't unfunny and I've certainly laughed at darker jokes.
Slicer97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieVictor10 said:



No, he only maims people's eardrums.
ToddyHill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

I didn't think the joke was particularly good but it wasn't unfunny and I've certainly laughed at darker jokes.

I understand. I went to an elementary school where a shooting occurred years later that resulted in multiple deaths.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.