He said ALL truckers are going on strike October 1 to protest "Trump's Diesel Prices"
He then said they are going to Costco to fill up both cars and stock up on paper goods.
My reply was that he was feeding into/from the same panic mentality that so many did during the toilet paper runs of 2020.
His reply to that was that the only time he will be driving anywhere for the foreseeable will be to go to doctor appointments.
Since I hadn't heard anything at all about this I did a google search today and this was the AI summary at the top:
He has just got to stop listening to his wife who is a flaming lib and watches CNN/MSNBC all day. I sent a screenshot of the above to him a few minutes ago. I eagerly await that response.
He then said they are going to Costco to fill up both cars and stock up on paper goods.
My reply was that he was feeding into/from the same panic mentality that so many did during the toilet paper runs of 2020.
His reply to that was that the only time he will be driving anywhere for the foreseeable will be to go to doctor appointments.
Since I hadn't heard anything at all about this I did a google search today and this was the AI summary at the top:
Quote:
There is no credible evidence of a coordinated, nationwide U.S. trucker strike planned for October 1. [1]
Where the Rumor Started
- Social Media Videos: The claim spread rapidly across TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook starting in mid-September after a viral video claimed 50,000 truckers agreed to park their rigs until diesel prices drop. [1, 2, 3]
- Lack of Organization: Major industry groups, including the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA) and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, confirmed they have no knowledge of or involvement in a planned national strike. [1, 2]
- Industry Realities: Logistics experts note that a massive shutdown is unlikely because the U.S. freight industry is highly fragmented (comprising independent operators, small fleets, and large corporate carriers like Walmart or Swift) with continuous financial obligations that prevent a unified walkout. Similar viral rumors have circulated online during previous years. [1, 2, 3]
He has just got to stop listening to his wife who is a flaming lib and watches CNN/MSNBC all day. I sent a screenshot of the above to him a few minutes ago. I eagerly await that response.