YouBet said:BigRobSA said:Ag with kids said:YouBet said:Logos Stick said:
With 60k jobs on the line... Cali caves.BREAKING: Paramount has reached a settlement with California and other states that sued to block its $110 billion merger with Warner Bros. Discovery.
— Jeff Vaughn (@JeffVaughn) September 21, 2026
• Paramount will invest $1.5 billion in California production, keeping its studio properties in the state.
• Paramount could…
I haven't followed this religiously but that reads the opposite to me - Paramount caved.
What am I missing here?
Paramount gets to do its merger with WB.
And just having studios in the state doesn't mean they use them.
It looks like the deal says they have to make 30 movies per year out of their studios or Paramount pays a fine to California.
I'm sorry but this is a win for California until we see what they gave up other than HQ moving out.
Don't see how anyone is going to be able to crow about California taking it in the shorts here. About the best outcome they could have gotten knowing they were going to lose some aspect of one of the largest studios on the planet.
If they already make 60 movies per year there, is that a concession? (60 is just a number to make my point, no idea how many "movies" they make or what even constitutes a "movie")
I guess my point is that it's their main studio. They are obviously going to utilize it to its full extent if they are going to remain there. So perhaps it's not really a concession. i.e. I'll give you something I was going to already give you.