Vance was strong tonight

8,033 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by dvldog
Sq 17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waffledynamics said:

Speeches do not equal policy. I don't trust Vance to advance conservative policy.


Define conservative :
If your definition of conservative is advancing the PE, VC, Oligarch agenda I have 100% certainty JD will do it.
No Spin Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigRobSA said:

1) Desantis
2) Vance
3) Rubio

My choices, in order, but I'd vote for any/all of them.


Switch Rubio and Vance, but, yes, any will work.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
American Hardwood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Could Cruz be #4 on that list? I hear he might take another shot.
flown-the-coop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sq 17 said:

Waffledynamics said:

Speeches do not equal policy. I don't trust Vance to advance conservative policy.


Define conservative :
If your definition of conservative is advancing the PE, VC, Oligarch agenda I have 100% certainty JD will do it.

What is an oligarch agenda?

And you do understand we have not seen anything remotely akin to an oligarch in these United Statwa in at least 100 years, right?

Boogeyman words like oligarch are the signs of a Reddit user.
zooguy96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DeSantis is far and away the best choice. He has executive experience, and changed a purple state to solid red. His policies and his no-nonsense approach are what separates him from the rest.

My friend is a reporter for the state of Florida (Lives in Tallahassee), and covers him frequently, and says he is impressive.

He'll never be president, however, unless he improves his campaigning. He's far too "unlikeable" among women, because of "feels".

Best case for him - he replaces one of the conservative supreme court judges.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
No Spin Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
zooguy96 said:

DeSantis is far and away the best choice. He has executive experience, and changed a purple state to solid red. His policies and his no-nonsense approach are what separates him from the rest.

He'll never be president, however, unless he improves his campaigning. He's far too "unlikeable" among women, because of "feels".

Best case for him - he replaces one of the conservative supreme court judges.


Maybe senator? He could be the next cornerstone of the senate for the right with his credentials.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
No Spin Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
American Hardwood said:

Could Cruz be #4 on that list? I hear he might take another shot.


He's less likeable than Vance and DeSantis, on a good day.

If he gets in he's vying for VP or cabinet spot.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
AgGrad99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zooguy96 said:

DeSantis is far and away the best choice. He has executive experience, and changed a purple state to solid red. His policies and his no-nonsense approach are what separates him from the rest.

He'll never be president, however, unless he improves his campaigning. He's far too "unlikeable" among women, because of "feels".

Best case for him - he replaces one of the conservative supreme court judges.

This is a valid concern.

I think he's extremely suited to be POTUS, and has proven himself very effective in Florida. That is no small feat, considering the makeup of the State, and influx of population from blue areas.

But his demeanor, is a concern...as stupid as that is. Far too many people vote based on personality, than policy.

I would love him on the Supreme Court.

Rubio has been very impressive. I think he's more likeable than JD, to the purple voters. He would also shore up a lot of the Hispanic vote.

JD's biggest issue isn't himself. It's that people associate him with Trump. For many, it would be voting for Trump 3.0

Though I'd be fine with either.
flown-the-coop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No Spin Ag said:

American Hardwood said:

Could Cruz be #4 on that list? I hear he might take another shot.


He's less likeable than Vance and DeSantis, on a good day.

If he gets in he's vying for VP or cabinet spot.

Cruz dies in the Senate or on SCOTUS.
txwxman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rubio appeals to the widest range of voters. Vance will have too much Trump Stench on him to be electable.
zooguy96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
flown-the-coop said:

No Spin Ag said:

American Hardwood said:

Could Cruz be #4 on that list? I hear he might take another shot.


He's less likeable than Vance and DeSantis, on a good day.

If he gets in he's vying for VP or cabinet spot.

Cruz dies in the Senate or on SCOTUS.

I'd love to have Cruz on the SCOTUS. He and DeSantis would be nails.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
zooguy96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No Spin Ag said:

zooguy96 said:

DeSantis is far and away the best choice. He has executive experience, and changed a purple state to solid red. His policies and his no-nonsense approach are what separates him from the rest.

He'll never be president, however, unless he improves his campaigning. He's far too "unlikeable" among women, because of "feels".

Best case for him - he replaces one of the conservative supreme court judges.


Maybe senator? He could be the next cornerstone of the senate for the right with his credentials.

Maybe, but I'd rather him be Pres. or VP.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
zooguy96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgGrad99 said:

zooguy96 said:

DeSantis is far and away the best choice. He has executive experience, and changed a purple state to solid red. His policies and his no-nonsense approach are what separates him from the rest.

He'll never be president, however, unless he improves his campaigning. He's far too "unlikeable" among women, because of "feels".

Best case for him - he replaces one of the conservative supreme court judges.

This is a valid concern.

I think he's extremely suited to be POTUS, and has proven himself very effective in Florida. That is no small feat, considering the makeup of the State, and influx of population from blue areas.

But his demeanor, is a concern...as stupid as that is. Far too many people vote based on personality, than policy.

I would love him on the Supreme Court.

Rubio has been very impressive. I think he's more likeable than JD, to the purple voters. He would also shore up a lot of the Hispanic vote.

Though I'd be fine with either.

I mean, any of them would be better than Trump, IMHO.

In actuality of happening, 1. Rubio, 2. Vance, Distant 3rd) DeSantis.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
halfastros81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree that DeSantis would probably be the best POTUS but he's a really smart guy and likely understands that his demeanor is just not charismatic enough to get elected . He is also smart enough to know that it's nearly impossible to change your image .

I feel like Rubio is the most electable and I don't have an issue with his ideology. I did at one time but he has changed my mind. Have always liked Vance. Would obviously vote for either one over any scrub the Dems could ever get nominated .
No Spin Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
flown-the-coop said:

No Spin Ag said:

American Hardwood said:

Could Cruz be #4 on that list? I hear he might take another shot.


He's less likeable than Vance and DeSantis, on a good day.

If he gets in he's vying for VP or cabinet spot.

Cruz dies in the Senate or on SCOTUS.


Definitely how I see it too. Not good regarding the "term limits" view, but that aside, it works for him and the party.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Windy City Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If the Dems gain enough ground, Cruz or DeSantis would have no prayer to be confirmed for SCOTUS.

GeorgiAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope for Rubio, but I will vote for him, DeSantis, Vance, Cruz or probably anyone else over a D. I will have a problem if it's one of his children or some other crap where Trump is still effectively in charge.

I'll be happy to put Trump in the rear-view mirror. But he's going to have a hard time letting go of power. That's just who he is.
Buck Turgidson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigRobSA said:

1) Desantis
2) Vance
3) Rubio

My choices, in order, but I'd vote for any/all of them.

BigRob understands the assignment.
4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ts5641 said:

Hill08 said:

Rubio is still my #1, but JD is great from the platform

We have potentially 3 absolute topnotch candidates. All 3 would be outstanding presidents. Our bench is deep.

Rubio is the whole package. He may even pull Democrat votes.

I love Desantis, but his last campaign effort was almost embarrassing. He just doesn't campaign well. Very casper milk toast. Zero energy.

And unfortunately, despite his stellar track record managing government, how he campaigns matters to most voters.
zooguy96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
4 said:

ts5641 said:

Hill08 said:

Rubio is still my #1, but JD is great from the platform

We have potentially 3 absolute topnotch candidates. All 3 would be outstanding presidents. Our bench is deep.

Rubio is the whole package. He may even pull Democrat votes.

I love Desantis, but his last campaign effort was almost embarrassing. He just doesn't campaign well. Very casper milk toast. Zero energy.

And unfortunately, despite his stellar track record managing government, how he campaigns matters to most voters.


Yep, most voters are idiots.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
Sims
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TAMUallen said:



Kat Williams did it better.
DeschutesAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The nominee will probably be Rubio, but I hope it is Vance.
TxLawDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We need DeSantis and Cruz on the SC to replace Thomas and Alito. And as much as I'd hate to lose either of them we need to do it while we have a Senate majority. I'm guessing there may not be a lot of confidence by Thomas and Alito in who Trump would nominate after the Kavanaugh and Barrett appointments.
TxLawDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TxLawDawg said:

We need DeSantis and Cruz on the SC to replace Thomas and Alito. And as much as I'd hate to lose either of them we need to do it while we have a Senate majority. I'm guessing there may not be a lot of confidence by Thomas and Alito in who Trump would nominate after the Kavanaugh and Barrett appointments.


Also there will be major media uproar if any nominee is a political rather than a long time sitting jurist. (Not that there won't be a huge uproar over any conservative nominee, but that would definitely be the headline.)
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Waffledynamics said:

Speeches do not equal policy. I don't trust Vance to advance conservative policy.


There is no conservative policy to be found. Your choice in 2028 will be populism from a party of patriots or communism from a party that hates you and this country.

Blue parachute for you!
IslanderAg04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TAMUallen said:




Didnt hamas execute and exile the PA?
Deputy Travis Junior
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Which potential candidate has said we need entitlement reform so that our annual interest burden doesn't climb to 2 trillion? That's the one I'll vote for.
WestAustinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JD will need to soften is non-i serve tiniest reputation to win the party.

Likewise Narco will have to burnish his approval among the more isolationist faction.

You may win the nomination with one or more wings of this divide but you can't win the presidency without both plus lots of independence support.
Windy City Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Didnt hamas execute and exile the PA?


No they just drove the PA out of Gaza. Ramallah is still controlled by the PA and Israel still recognizes them as a the legitimate temporary counterparty for governing all of Palestine.

It was supposed to be a 5 year thing based on the Oslo Accords of 1994 but here we are more than 32 years later and no permanent peace and statehood has been achieved.
4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DeschutesAg said:

The nominee will probably be Rubio, but I hope it is Vance.

Pay attention people.

A liberal prefers that Republicans nominate Vance.
bobbranco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GeorgiAg said:

But he's going to have a hard time letting go of power. That's just who he is.


Trump taps on your mental state. Nice.


No amount of logic is going to convince the illogical that orange man isn't so bad that we should all vote for socialists in 2026. He wants to vote for a socialist who wants to kill the O&G industry, dismantle capitalism, open the borders, ban guns, legalize abortion up to birth, allow men to play girls sports and hang out in women's locker rooms, and pay for trans surgeries for little kids. SIGNED txags92
fulshearAg96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like Desantis but them high heeled cowboy boots need to stay home
boulderaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Frustrating that they can still get so close.
LOYAL AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

Which potential candidate has said we need entitlement reform so that our annual interest burden doesn't climb to 2 trillion? That's the one I'll vote for.


That candidate doesn't exist. Quite literally you don't have that option. As I already said you're voting for a patriotic populist or a communist. Choose wisely.
"The goal of socialism is communism." - Vladimir Lenin
jagsdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
zooguy96 said:

flown-the-coop said:

No Spin Ag said:

American Hardwood said:

Could Cruz be #4 on that list? I hear he might take another shot.


He's less likeable than Vance and DeSantis, on a good day.

If he gets in he's vying for VP or cabinet spot.

Cruz dies in the Senate or on SCOTUS.

I'd love to have Cruz on the SCOTUS. He and DeSantis would be nails.

He's already said that he will not accept a nom to the supreme court.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.