Politico: Vance's beard conveys aggression and opposition to feminist ideals

4,503 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by bobbranco
Gigem314
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexasAggiesWin said:

Ryan the Temp said:

I'd more concerned about his eyeliner and lipstick than his beard.
Democrats literally grasping at straws
The fact that all they have is a Jimmy Fallon joke about JD's makeup for a television broadcast debate while Waltz looks like an old man that's about to cry tells me all I need to know.
rausr
AG
CanyonAg77
AG
History Lesson

https://time.com/3462545/abraham-lincoln-beard/

Quote:

Concerned that Abraham Lincoln's gaunt, worry-lined face was so severe it might scare off voters, 11-year-old Grace Bedell crafted a solution: Grow a beard.

On this day in 1860, (October 15) the Westfield, N.Y., tween wrote a letter to the Republican nominee outlining her plan to help him win the upcoming presidential election. It reads, in part:

I have yet got four brothers and part of them will vote for you any way and if you let your whiskers grow I will try and get the rest of them to vote for you you would look a great deal better for your face is so thin. All the ladies like whiskers and they would tease their husbands to vote for you and then you would be President.

Quote:

But Lincoln was not afraid of change. He wrote Bedell back four days later, answering her question about whether he had any daughters (he did not) and asking one of his own: "As to the whiskers, having never worn any, do you not think people would call it a piece of silly affectation if I were to begin it now?"

He appears to have answered his own question, since he began growing his facial hair shortly after. He had a full beard when, on his way to his 1861 inauguration, he arranged to have his train stop near Westfield so he could greet his young pen pal. She later recalled that he shook her hand and said, "You see? I let these whiskers grow for you."

rgag12
AG
The women who are afraid of beards were never going to vote Republican, which is ironic because they probably have a couple hundred pounds of cat hairs accumulated in their houses/apartments.
CanyonAg77
AG
October 15, 1860, an eleven year old girls says "All the ladies like whiskers"

October 15, 164 years later

Biz Ag
AG
No Spin Ag
GAC06 said:

Cruz wouldn't still be a senator without a beard. Turns out women like it.

His beard works for him. It also took his face down a level on the "punchable" face scale.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Sid Farkas
AG
Hillary has nasty, post menopausal facial hair. Jess sayin.
No Spin Ag
C@LAg said:

OK, now they are just grasping at straws.

Again, the left decries when people focus on physical attributes, but they cannot help themselves and do it at every turn:

orange man bad.

bad is a symbol of the patriarchy

blah blah blah.

Those who think beards are bad, probably only because of politics, need to do the world a favor and not procreate.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
CanyonAg77
AG
Politico on the bearded dictator Castro

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/fidel-castro-obituary-cuba-222593
Jack Ruby
Biz Ag said:

You cannot convince me otherwise that Fidel Castro isn't Justin Trudeau's father. SPITTING image.
WestAustinAg
AG
POTD!
P.H. Dexippus
AG
This guy dropped the bomb.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Gigem314 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

Ryan the Temp said:

The fact that all they have is a Jimmy Fallon joke about JD's makeup for a television broadcast debate while Waltz looks like an old man that's about to cry tells me all I need to know.
It's not just for the debate. Vance wears eyeline and lipstick ALL THE TIME.

I'd say it's unusual, but rumors of him being a homosexual have swirled for years, and he's also dressed in drag before, so maybe it's not that unusual for him.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Gigem314 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

Ryan the Temp said:

I'd say it's unusual, but rumors of him being a homosexual have swirled for years, and he's also dressed in drag before, so maybe it's not that unusual for him.
Ryan and I are on the same page.

Vance's beard triggers my gaydar big time.

Straight dudes don't groom their beard to that level.

John Daly is an excellent example of what a straight man with a beard should look like:

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Only female athletes should grow facial hair.
redcrayon
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Gigem314 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

Ryan the Temp said:

He is NOT wearing eyeliner or lipstick. This has been debunked. He doesn't dress in drag. You've latched on to ONE picture from college. Vance isn't gay. Your rumor-mongering is stupid.

You're posts about Vance reek of desperation.
Gigem314
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Gigem314 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

Ryan the Temp said:

I guess if a Republican isn't mean, dumb, or old you have to find something to discredit them with.
Gigem314
AG
redcrayon said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Gigem314 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

Ryan the Temp said:

He is NOT wearing eyeliner or lipstick. This has been debunked. He doesn't dress in drag. You've latched on to ONE picture from college. Vance isn't gay. Your rumor-mongering is stupid.

It's also quite convenient that given all the rumors that swirled about Obama when he first ran, and Hillary, that this is the instance where they want to shout it from the rooftops. And of course they steered clear with all the weird stories about Biden and his children, and Pelosi's husband.

But Vance, of course this is where they have to make a stand and get to the bottom of the...truth.
C@LAg
Gigem314 said:

redcrayon said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Gigem314 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

Ryan the Temp said:

It's also quite convenient that given all the rumors that swirled about Obama when he first ran, and Hillary, that this is the instance where they want to shout it from the rooftops. And of course they steered clear with all the weird stories about Biden and his children, and Pelosi's husband.

But Vance, of course this is where they have to make a stand and get to the bottom of the...truth.
yep. as I said upthread.

projection.
Gigem314
AG
This is like the "too old and senile" argument they used against Trump...because it was obvious that Biden was actually senile.

Waltz is a weirdo. If there was ever a stereotype of a guy with an odd past and private life, it's him. So naturally...Vance has to be weird and closeted.

The narratives are so predictable.

Projection indeed.
redcrayon
AG
Gigem314 said:

redcrayon said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Gigem314 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Exactly! We have VIDEO of Biden behaving inappropriately with women AND girls. We have his daughter saying he bathed with her. But Ryan's not only voting for him, he's on another thread implying that JD Vance is a pedo. Liberalism is truly a mental disorder.
richardag
Biz Ag said:

So what this proves is Politico has absolutely no ethics and is devoid of any actual brain cells?
LOL Politico should change their name to Toilet Bowl.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Gigem314
AG
richardag said:

Biz Ag said:

So what this proves is Politico has absolutely no ethics and is devoid of any actual brain cells?
LOL Politico should change their name to Toilet Bowl.
It's like CBS pointing out the cost of Trump's idea of not taxing tips…and then weeks later cheering it when Harris suggested it.
Ryan the Temp
AG
redcrayon said:

Gigem314 said:

redcrayon said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Gigem314 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Exactly! We have VIDEO of Biden behaving inappropriately with women AND girls. We have his daughter saying he bathed with her. But Ryan's not only voting for him, he's on another thread implying that JD Vance is a pedo. Liberalism is truly a mental disorder.
I can assure you I am absolutely NOT voting for Joe Biden in November.
richardag
Gigem314 said:

This is like the "too old and senile" argument they used against Trump...because it was obvious that Biden was actually senile.

Waltz is a weirdo. If there was ever a stereotype of a guy with an odd past and private life, it's him. So naturally...Vance has to be weird and closeted.

The narratives are so predictable.

Projection indeed.
And he and his wife loved the smell of burning police tires. Maybe his weird behavior intensified since burning tires emit carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, sulfur oxides, volatile organic compounds, polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons, furans, dioxins, benzene, hydrogen chloride, polychlorinated biphenyls, and metals such as nickel, zinc, and mercury.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Kraft Punk
Ryan the Temp said:

Says the guy that votes for men in women's sports & ****** freakshows in the bathroom w little girls
C@LAg
I am pretty sure Ryan has never advocated for any of that. I admit I could be wrong, but I will stand by my initial statement until proven otherwise.

you should delete that.
Kraft Punk
C@LAg said:

I am pretty sure Ryan has never advocated for any of that. I admit I could be wrong, but I will stand by my initial statement until proven otherwise.

you should delete that.

Anyone that votes democrat advocates for it

Have you lost your mind?
C@LAg
Kraft Punk said:

C@LAg said:

you should delete that.

Anyone that votes democrat advocates for it

Have you lost your mind?
I vote straight ticket Republican except in the cases where there are no republicans on the ballot.
and I support abortion and gay marriage.

everything is not black and white.
BCG Disciple
AG
Remember, if you vote a certain way you subscribe 100% to that party's extreme platform. Rs are nazis and Ds want to turn your son into a girl.
redcrayon
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

redcrayon said:

Gigem314 said:

redcrayon said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Gigem314 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

Ryan the Temp said:

I can assure you I am absolutely NOT voting for Joe Biden in November.
Voted for him. You got me.

Point stands. You're being absurd.
BadMoonRisin
AG
He only votes for fat gay dudes with beards...so Tim Walz.
bobbranco
AG
Thanks! Nice bit of history.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.