***Official VP Debate Thread***

118,581 Views | 1346 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by Tom Fox
agent-maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TAMU1990 said:

Who?mikejones! said:

The Dems have convinced themselves that Jan 6th will determine this election. Npr said the same thing as Acosta. The reality is only the Dems care, along with a few squishy righties.

The grocery store will determine this election
The longshoremen strike may drive this point home.

Fuel costs about to spike when Israel retaliates for the iranian missile barrage. Which of course drives up the cost of everything.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Fat Black Swan
AG
dreyOO
4stringAg said:

Dan Scott said:

They are running with this

Which is how we know Walz lost. That's the only thing they can latch onto which is an issue only people already voting Dem care about.

Correct. But all that said, it's a losing topic and exactly why Vance chose to not re-litigate. Americans have already decided what side of J6 they stand with. There is nobody to sway. However, more than half of Americans (I want to say over 60%) suspect there have been shenanigans with our elections.

This is such a losing topic to circle back on for either side. The fact that they're doing it reeks of desperation.
Thunderstruck xx
I just finished watching as I got started late. What a beat down of Walz by Vance. Trump sure picked a great running mate.
dreyOO
Now imagine him debating Kamala. I remember the speed at which they fired Joe so they wouldn't have to line her up against Vance.
James Forsyth
JayHowdy! said:

Muy said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Harold Ford just said Vance had a better night. He's on the Fox News payroll of course but he actually seems like one of the very few sane Democrats left alive on planet earth.

Harold is an infinitely more rational and likeable Dem than Juan Williams and Jessica Tarlof.

20 years ago. I really thought that Harold Ford Jr. was going to be the first African-American President. I thought he was that good and middle of the road Democrat. He was much like Bill Clinton. FYI I have been a Conservative since the mid 80s.

As did I. He just disappeared for years
MostlyHarmless
AG
4stringAg said:

Walz lied a lot during the debate. The most egregious one was that border crossings are down compared to Trump.

Funny thing about stats is that if you frame things right you can say all kinds of things. I would almost bet that LEGAL border crossings are down compared to Trump. Why go through the lengthy legal process when you can come across illegally without any repercussions and even get a free bus ride to a number of sanctuary cities across the country.
HeardAboutPerio
AG
I wonder why they haven't flipped the script on the whole joy and optimism slogan by simply stating the very person telling you that we need joy moving forward has been the reason for the lack of it for the past 3.5 years.
C@LAg
The gaslighting:

MarkTwain
Okay where's my $100

A spokesperson for Walz clarified at the time that his son, Gus, was at the location of -- but was not involved in -- a Jan. 2023 shooting at a St. Paul recreation center. Asked by ABC News to clarify tonight whether Gus was witness to the actual shooting, a campaign spokesperson said, "He was in the building with the other kids."

Local reports say the shooting took place just outside the rec center in the parking lot, leaving a 16-year-old boy critically wounded. Gus Walz didn't actually witness the shooting nor any of the kids in the building. The kids were held in the building for safety concerns until the scene was cleared and secured.

- ABC News' Isabella Murray and Justin Fishel
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
BusterAg
AG
Dan Scott said:

Holy Bloomberg! Nice choice of a picture

Why does Erica get to decide who the next president is?
MarkTwain

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
nortex97
AG
Fat Black Swan said:

ts5641
Thunderstruck xx said:

I just finished watching as I got started late. What a beat down of Walz by Vance. Trump sure picked a great running mate.
I didn't see it so this is great to read.
BlackLab
AG
MostlyHarmless said:

4stringAg said:

Walz lied a lot during the debate. The most egregious one was that border crossings are down compared to Trump.

Funny thing about stats is that if you frame things right you can say all kinds of things. I would almost bet that LEGAL border crossings are down compared to Trump. Why go through the lengthy legal process when you can come across illegally without any repercussions and even get a free bus ride to a number of sanctuary cities across the country.

Crossings are low because they get flown in.

Owlagdad
Are greenies upset with Walz talking about all the oil they are pumping?
fightingfarmer09
Fat Black Swan said:

But at least he's not Jewish, right?!
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
"Illegal" crossings are down because the migrants are claiming amnesty and therefore being let in "legally" although they are so obviously exploiting this loophole that anyone who emphasizes that they are legal migrants is obviously asking for you to accuse the migrants of being illegal and therefore debate the nuance of the last 4 years of despicable border entry practices and their impact on the everyday american.

I Mean, "Hey, instead of all these illegals, let's just change the rule to make them legal and then nobody can say anything!"
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
My personal take is that the horrible moderators focused on gotcha topics and didn't spend enough time on what really matters (energy, foreign wars) and deeper policy. I was happy with Vance but wish the mods were not such bitter hags.

At this point I don't give a s about Jan 6, day care, climate or abortion as it relates to the election.
oh no
AG
those moderator hags were infuriating... the way they state what scientists say as a matter of fact to "bust" Vance re: climate was infuriating.

The moderators are not experts. The funding of studies drives different conclusions based on results and can sometimes drive to predetermined results.

The hag is wrong about the planet warming at "unprecedented levels". Earth has warmed and cooled many times over millions of years for which we have little to no reliable data and has warmed more than now before humans existed.

It is not a big "gotcha" to slam the republican candidate for not being on board with trillions in green deal government spending because you have some research papers saying earth is getting warm. Trillions in spending isn't going to reverse it; only hurt people's everyday lives as it devalues our currency like we're seeing now. Plus, slightly warming temperatures breeds more life, whereas the opposite, a cooling planet or another ice age, would actually threaten human life.

The way they try to act like drawing different conclusions on the same data, or different approaches on what to do with the data, is "science denying" or "anti-science" brings me back to the covid tyranny anger.

F those moderators.
ToddyHill
AG
Anyone who is old enough with half a brain can tell you where they were when Tiananmen Square went down.

I was in the labor/delivery room with my wife as our 2nd daughter was born. I remember telling my wife we'll always remember this day and where we were.

Walz is either a liar or is blatantly incompetent. .
agent-maroon
AG
ToddyHill said:

Anyone who is old enough with half a brain can tell you where they were when Tiananmen Square went down.

I was in the labor/delivery room with my wife as our 2nd daughter was born. I remember telling my wife we'll always remember this day and where we were.

He's both.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
oh no
AG
ToddyHill said:

He's a liar.
Who?mikejones!
You'll remember the day your kid was born because of a massacre on the other side of the world?
oh no
AG
Did Walz win over his target audience?

HowdyTexasAggies
AG
oh no said:

Austin Powers is amused.
Wabs
AG
ToddyHill
AG
I should have clarified.

As my wife was in labor, when we were in a room to ourselves, we had the television on...and they were showing the protests and then the Chinese military took over.

Of course I remember the day my daughter was born, regardless of world events. However, on the day she was born, the Chinese military crushed the cry for democracy.

Later that year the Berlin Wall came down. 1989 was a heck of a year in World events.
AgResearch
AG
oh no said:

Nice adams apple ya got there "Rose"
agracer
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

JWinTX said:

infinity ag said:

backintexas2013 said:

infinity ag said:

We need ACA though

Why? If you want insurance there are thousands of open jobs where you can get insurance.

That's a tone deaf response.

But is it wrong?

Yes. Insurance shouldn't be so expensive that only your company can afford it for you.

Insurance should be allowed to compete across state and national lines.
Insurance should be insurance. Not the health maintenance plans we have now.
4stringAg
AG
Emotional Support Cobra said:

My personal take is that the horrible moderators focused on gotcha topics and didn't spend enough time on what really matters (energy, foreign wars) and deeper policy. I was happy with Vance but wish the mods were not such bitter hags.

At this point I don't give a s about Jan 6, day care, climate or abortion as it relates to the election.
Pretty much this and although I can see the abortion question being asked as its relevant to a lot of the electorate, they spent far too much time on it, seemed like it was twice the amount of time on it as there was on the border question.

J6 stuff takes the cake for irrelevancy to many people or a question that people have simply made up their minds about. But its a weak spot for Trump so they wanted to finish the debate with it. I wish Vance would have simply said, "Regardless of how you or I feel about who won, Trump handed over power on Jan 23rd and hasn't been in office these last 4 years, meanwhile Kamala has and she has ****ed it all up."

Vance navigated it like a pro despite the questions and the way they were framed to constantly put him on the defensive of Trump. I noticed they didn't really ask Walz to defend any of Kamala's positions really. They did corner him a bit on the Tianamen Sq thing and he fumbled it badly on the one time he was really pressed.

agracer
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

zephyr88 said:

Life is tough and full of choices and responsibilities.

If you can't afford a kid, you shouldn't have one.
I completely agree. Life is full of choices, responsibilities, tradeoffs and sacrifices. I am a Republican, but I am more moderate on reproductive rights. I think couples should wait until they are married and financially established before having children, even if that means waiting until 35+ before having a first child. I still believe in the traditional order of life of marriage before baby carriage and not having children with more than one partner, unless remarried, but I am also for establishing financial stability before starting a family. I am for expanding access to birth control pills and condoms to reduce unintended pregnancy.
BC Pills are $9/month at Wal-Mart. Please explain just how much more 'access' people need?
doubledog

In Walz's bent mind he kicked the hell out of Vance.
oh no
AG
Proud dad moment last night:

My 17 year old got home in the middle of the debate and sat down to watch with my wife and I for a while because he's seen JD Vance a few times on his tiktok or insta reels and likes him. When Jan 6 came up in the debate, he asked, "what's January 6th?".
Big Al 1992
AG
Another fact check debunked to go along with the smug "Harris did not "let in" record numbers of illegals"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.