***Official VP Debate Thread***

118,649 Views | 1346 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by Tom Fox
sam callahan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm having my own internal debate here.

My morbid curiosity that wants to see a car wreck is battling with my brain's lack of willingness to listen to anything Walz says.

So I am depending on you, Texags, to give me the commentary so I don't have to puke.
GoAgs11
Bet it comes out Walz is gay
MarkTwain
Walz is walking into a wood chipper. Nothing the moderators can do to save him
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
sam callahan
That would be his easiest path to liberal sainthood - so somewhat likely.
Mas89
AG
Will the Tim Walz tampon story come out?
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Psycho Bunny
Time, like hope is only an illusion.

The only reason we die is, because we accept death as an inevitability
zooguy96
AG
Walz is going to get torn apart. He's such a weirdo.
Joes
If the presidential debate changed 0.001% of people's minds then this might change 0.000000001%. Hopefully there'll be some humor to come out of it, but I really doubt it will have any substantive effect on anything at all. The whole thing seems kind of obligatory.
rausr
AG
MarkTwain said:

Walz is walking into a wood chipper. Nothing the moderators can do to save him

But the moderators will sure try to help him.
TexAgs91
AG
Mas89 said:

Will the Tim Walz tampon story come out?

Vance should put out a bowl of tampons on the table and say "just putting these here in case anyone needs one"
Deputy Travis Junior
zooguy96 said:

Walz is going to get torn apart. He's such a weirdo.

Vance is 10x the debater that Walz is, BUT Vance doesn't always seem to have a great sense of what issues to push on and which to avoid. If he stays on topic, this should be a massacre, but I'm a little worried he lets Walz pull him on to stupid topics and then goes off on pedantic tangents.
TyHolden
Rapier108
Democrats win on debate night because that is who the media always declares to be the winner, with the "insta-polls" to back it up.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
4stringAg
AG
Moderators will impact the debate with the questions they ask each candidate and the manner they ask them. Like the previous debate, Vance will be asked questions to put him on the defensive while Walz will get softballs that allow him to attack Vance.

Hopefully Vance is a more savvy debater than Trump and can turn these around on Walz and the moderators
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Quote:

Hopefully Vance is a more savvy debater than Trump and can turn these around on Walz and the moderators

If that happens they will call Vance a bully and Waltz his victim.
TRADUCTOR
Need a good Hurricane response from Vance
Dan Scott
AG
Two female moderators. You know women's issues will come up. JD better be prepared.
policywonk98
AG
TRADUCTOR said:

Need a good Hurricane response from Vance

Dude wrote a an entire book on the "northern" cousins of the exact same people fighting for survival right now. Would be very surprised if he's not locked and loaded.
4stringAg
AG
Dan Scott said:

Two female moderators. You know women's issues will come up. JD better be prepared.

For sure. The cat lady thing will come up without question. What Vance has going for him is he's done hostile interviews with women who hate him already so he should be prepared to deflect that line of questioning back to the current state of things under Harris which is what people care about.
Sid Farkas
AG
Two women mods ensures JD can't criticize them without being a misogynist.
whatthehey78
AG
Will Walz be wearing Kamala's pearl listening device, ear rings?
Ciboag96
CBS pre-debate talking heads. Really playing the likeability of Waltz. Always making excuses about his nervousness, which will add to his like ability. Showing lots of happy Waltz photos with people, etc.

Already stating JD Vance will be seen as going too low bringing up Waltz military history. Saying Vance is not likable per women. Showing one or two photos where, frankly, he looks sweaty.

The propaganda raises the hairs on the back of my neck. It is Pravda 2.0.
4stringAg
AG
Ciboag96 said:

CBS pre-debate talking heads. Really playing the likeability of Waltz. Always making excuses about his nervousness, which will add to his like ability

Already stating JD Vance will be seen as going too low bringing up Waltz military history.

The bias is off the charts and in your face. They don't care anymore either. Just open about their bias
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Starts at 8 right?
Dan Scott
AG
Women's issues and "eating the pets" are really the only gotchas. Also you called Trump hitler, well Kamala called Biden a racists. Be prepared for these.

Everything else is policy differences he should know.
Ciboag96
Showing photos of Trump. Obvious color manipulation to make him look so terrible. Pathetic
Ciboag96
Waltz was buying a pumpkin at a fair y'all! And went to football games! And proclaims Joy!
Rapier108
Dan Scott said:

Women's issues and "eating the pets" are really the only gotchas. Also you called Trump hitler, well Kamala called Biden a racists. Be prepared for these.

Everything else is policy differences he should know.
"Women's issues" is abortion and nothing else. The answer simply to say it is up to each state to decide.

"Eating pets" also has an easy response, and that is to say that people from Springfield have been making public statements that Haitians have been eating people's pets. They have made those statements numerous times.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Ag with kids
AG
4stringAg said:

Ciboag96 said:

CBS pre-debate talking heads. Really playing the likeability of Waltz. Always making excuses about his nervousness, which will add to his like ability

Already stating JD Vance will be seen as going too low bringing up Waltz military history.

The bias is off the charts and in your face. They don't care anymore either. Just open about their bias
It really got obvious in 2008 with the Katy Couric interviews of Obama and Palin.

The Obama interview was brightly lit. Couric smiled and flipped her hair all throughout the interview. She had friendly banter throughout it, too.

The Palin interview was darkly lit. Couric had a serious scowl all throughout the interview. And there was pushback, not friendly banter.

I'd always seen that the media was a bit left leaning, but that showed that they were all in the tank for the Dems...
Ag with kids
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Starts at 8 right?
Si
Psych
AG
How does a guy with no TV watch this thing?
100% Pure Aggie
Sid Farkas said:

Two women mods ensures JD can't criticize them without being a misogynist.

3 women vs 1 male
That's all I got
I am a Russian Bot
walz was always picked last in PE class
IndividualFreedom
Quote:

Bet it comes out Walz is gay

Vance: "Walz, are you a pedo?"

Shut up and listen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.