If Cruz loses (and he likely will not but...), blame these awful ads

4,773 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Im Gipper
Bearpitbull
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you live in Texas, you are probably seeing an incredibly heavy rotation of a "boys playing in girls sports" ads. I get that Ted is trying to trigger/scare the olds but of all the things to throw at his opponent, that's his choice? He has to be turning off three folks for every one thats he's trying to gain. There are a hundred policy differences from the border to being business friendly but that's what they chose? Is he trying to lose?
AJCB
AG
Just so I know if I should be triggered or scared, what is your definition of "the olds" as you say?
GoAgs11
Lol but TeXaS iS goING bLUe
ts5641
That issue shows the insanity and upside down world the dems want us to live in. He should keep after that. That's been one of the more depressing things the left have ever done.
That being said, I would concentrate more on the border and the economy, but this is definitely fair game.
Kenneth_2003
AG
So parents of school age kids are the"olds.". Mmm k. It's not the only ad he's running.

The Dems are still pouring $$$ into Alred. The Rs likely are not giving Cruz much cash
BigRobSA
I've seen 1 Allred commercial, heard a couple on local FM stations while driving and seen zero (0) Cruz ads. Streaming 98.2617% of the time FTMFW!!!

I'm not a bumble**** tard, so I'm not Allred's base, but Cruz could come out and say "Don't vote for me!" and still win.
MRB10
AG
I can't avoid Allred ads in north Dallas. I don't watch TV at home but they're all over the radio and at the gym.
Claverack
Bearpitbull said:

If you live in Texas, you are probably seeing an incredibly heavy rotation of a "boys playing in girls sports" ads. I get that Ted is trying to trigger/scare the olds but of all the things to throw at his opponent, that's his choice? He has to be turning off three folks for every one thats he's trying to gain. There are a hundred policy differences from the border to being business friendly but that's what they chose? Is he trying to lose?

So you think 75% of this country supports dudes being able to play women's sports, having access to scholarships under a rewritten Title IX potentially denying deserving women opportunities to compete at the collegiate level and beyond?

You need to cut out the Reaganite act and just admit that you are to the left of Ilhan Omar.

You wouldn't know Ronald Reagan from John Riggins.

Texans know Cruz and his policies. If you believe this is all Ted Cruz has been talking about, then you don't know much about Cruz either.
Owlagdad
Don't know if Allred ad I saw was made for East Texas, but he is sounding conservative and in one, he is surrounded by Hispanic lawmen who say Cruz hasn't done squat on the border.
Don't know if lawmen were actors, or what, but Cruz needs to hit back.
Highway6
AG
Bearpitbull said:

I'm an old and I am absolutely sure that Allred is a lying Commie
bobbranco
AG
How do you combat the unfounded hate for Cruz? There's too much hate within the crowd that loves MAPs, illegal immigrants, trans, baby killers, gender mutilators, and various other miscreants. There is no reasoning with those evil people.
bobbranco
AG
Highway6 said:

Bearpitbull said:

I'm an old and I am absolutely sure that Allred is a lying Commie
Allred is a useful idiot.

Dallas mayor chose to be a useful idiot but finally woke up from his mistake of wearing that woke cloak.
Bearpitbull
Claverack said:

Bearpitbull said:

So you think 75% of this country supports dudes being able to play women's sports, having access to scholarships under a rewritten Title IX potentially denying deserving women opportunities to compete at the collegiate level and beyond?

You need to cut out the Reaganite act and just admit that you are to the left of Ilhan Omar.

You wouldn't know Ronald Reagan from John Riggins.

Texans know Cruz and his policies. If you believe this is all Ted Cruz has been talking about, then you don't know much about Cruz either.

Thank you for evaluating my life long love of conservatism and suggesting I move to my true home left of The Squad. Thank you for clarifying that the party should only have two camps, weak-minded, mealy mouthed Rhinos who live for Dem approval or shock-jocked obsessed, MAGA types who rather entertain each other than win.

I had forgotten for a moment that Reagan, Goldwater and Buckley would all be focused on immigrants eating cats and boys participating in girls sports at such a high rate.

There is a giant difference between losing elections because we lost sight of our values and losing because we take ques from a pillow salesman and obsess over period products in boys bathrooms that do not exist

Small govt, less taxes, less regulation... pro biz... the win is there for the taking.
Bearpitbull
AJCB said:

Just so I know if I should be triggered or scared, what is your definition of "the olds" as you say?

I'm 73 and the ads don't work on me. Based on that, I consider "olds" to be 74 and above!
Buford T. Justice
AG
It is beyond clear to see what is going on.
There is a vertical alignment within the DNC candidates from the top down. They are campaigning as centrists, and are being wildly funded to run ads all the time. They'll get elected, and then return to their leftist ways. They are placating to the usual non-voter.

No morals at all. Win at all costs. Lie, cheat, and steal to win.
TriAg2010
AG
I've seen more Beto bumper stickers still on cars than any physical media promoting Alred.
Danny Vermin
Eric Johnson has always been a moderate. The Dallas proper morons lost their minds when he publicly went republican. I give him full credit for doing it.
Danny Vermin
I've only seen one Allred bumper sticker and I drive, alot. It was some old white lady.
Bearpitbull
bobbranco said:

How do you combat the unfounded hate for Cruz? There's too much hate within the crowd that loves MAPs, illegal immigrants, trans, baby killers, gender mutilators, and various other miscreants. There is no reasoning with those evil people.

Those are folks that are committed and will vote. The good news is there are not enough of them. Our problem is to make sure we don't turn off the less engaged but still likely R voter by picking issues tha turn on one segment while turning off an equally large or potentially larger segment who view these topics as sensationalized. We don't seem serious and we lose time on the border and on the economy.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Bearpitbull said:

bobbranco said:

Those are folks that are committed and will vote. The good news is there are not enough of them. Our problem is to make sure we don't turn off the less engaged but still likely R voter by picking issues tha turn on one segment while turning off an equally large or potentially larger segment who view these topics as sensationalized. We don't seem serious and we lose time on the border and on the economy.

How is letting men play women's sports a loser?

The vast majority of Americans who aren't hard core leftists think the Dems are insane for pushing it. It's an issue that makes even the wishy washy lefty suburban mom's pause and go hmmmmm
bobbranco
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Eric Johnson has always been a moderate. The Dallas proper morons lost their minds when he publicly went republican. I give him full credit for doing it.
I know the process he went through before he entered politics.
MouthBQ98
AG
Allred is trying to lie his way in. Claim to be super moderate and centrist and benign. Yeah, that's not how any Democrats really are once they start doing the dirty work of their party.
BD88
AG
As long as it isnt freezing and he isnt in Cancun during the election, Cruz can win.
oh no
AG
on one hand, Cruz's "vote for me to protect women's sports" may not win a lot of voters.

on the other hand, Allred's "vote for me to protect the border" is clearly lyin ass bull caca and the opposite of his voting record. I hope that doesn't win over any voters.
Allen76
AG
Central Texas: I am seeing a steady stream of Allred ads and only a few Cruz ads. They scare me because I think Allred can win just by name recognition once a LIV gets inside the voting booth.

Allred ad on border has a Hispanic BP guy yelling that Cruz "doesn't have a clue" because he is "against the border bill". I think this is a very effective statement to a voter who has not been paying attention the past three years. I wish Cruz could explain that the Dems caused this mess and explain why Cruz was "against the border bill".
A likely Allred voter may never know that Biden could easily just undo what he caused on day one of his presidency and that the border bill was loaded with government spending unrelated to solving the border crisis. Fight back Cruz!
OregonAggie
AG
Owlagdad said:

Don't know if Allred ad I saw was made for East Texas, but he is sounding conservative and in one, he is surrounded by Hispanic lawmen who say Cruz hasn't done squat on the border.
Don't know if lawmen were actors, or what, but Cruz needs to hit back.

There's liberal sheriffs around that's who they found. I've been surprised at the fact that I've seen a few Allred ads but not a single Cruz ad. It's like he's just saving his money for something else.
safety guy
AG
No way would I vote for Alred as he is trying to position himself as moderate and bipartisan. Just more lies from Democrats as this is their strategy. But Cruz has been senator for 12 years. Tell us what you have done and accomplished instead of telling me why I should not vote for your opponent.
Prosperdick
AG
safety guy said:

No way would I vote for Alred as he is trying to position himself as moderate and bipartisan. Just more lies from Democrats as this is their strategy. But Cruz has been senator for 12 years. Tell us what you have done and accomplished instead of telling me why I should not vote for your opponent.
I would look at states that have been run by Dem senators for at least the last decade and you tell me, would you like to live there, especially if there's another scamdemic? Would you like your kids to go to school in those states? Would you feel safe there?

I'd say his accomplishment is at least keeping Texas from slipping into those hell holes.
Tanya 93
I don't think boys playing in girl's sports is an issue for a US Senator to focus on.

Border
Economy
Military

Those are the issues he needs to focus on.
And I have said the same thing about Hawley in MO.
normalhorn
Look, I may be an outsider here ("t-sip and all), but, OP should get a dog if they're afraid of Cruz losing in November:-)

That said, Allred could take North Texas votes if it were Nellie Cruz (damned Game 6)…
Im Gipper
No way this garbage is accurate!

Cruz will win by 6 points!

I'm Gipper
Kashchei
AG
If it wasn't a presidential election year I would be worried, but Texas is going to turn out for Trump and therefore Cruz as well.
astros4545
AG
TriAg2010 said:

I've seen more Beto bumper stickers still on cars than any physical media promoting Alred.

Yep, I live in Austin and if it weren't for Allred commercials, you would have no idea he existed
normalhorn
+/- 1, yep.
Gunny456
AG
This. Thank you.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.