Another reminder not to mess with Israel- exploding pagers

39,372 Views | 409 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TXAG 05
halfastros81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IDF and Mossad really are playing 4d chess. The terrorists are playing tic tac toe.

This is scary tho because the tech can be used both ways.
vmiaptetr
AG
All this time, I thought WW3 was going to be fought with sticks and stones because of a nuclear incident. I did not have exploding pagers on my bingo card.
agent-maroon
AG
hezbolla terrorists have got to be wondering about their next communication method. Can't use internet, cell networks, or even wireless networks. Can't use laptops, tablets, phones, beepers, etc. If I were one of them this morning I would be paranoid that Mossad might have rigged my post-it notes to explode on command.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Burnsey
AG
jagvocate said:

This would be a war crime under the Geneva Conventions. Luckily Israel is too immoral and degenerate to interpret the Conventions in such a way.

In what way do you think this act violates the GC?
dreyOO
Yup. As much a I was chuckling at this, they'll see it as a terrorist act. The cycle will continue and hopefully no innocents are harmed. But I doubt it.
VaultingChemist
AG
I urge everyone to watch the documentary, "Zero Days", which examines the Stuxnet virus and the far-reaching implications as a result of that operation.

If you think our enemies (in particular Iran) do not have the technological ability to enact equivalent cyber attacks here in the U.S., you are misinformed.
JosephRide
Ozzy Osbourne said:

At first I thought maybe Israel just ringed a bunch of pagers that were used as remote bomb detonators to set them off early. Nope. The pagers themselves were the bomb. Wild!

Man, my phone is in my pants pocket right now pretty close to the boys….
Those terrorists got separated from their boys.
BQ_90
AG
VaultingChemist said:

I urge everyone to watch the documentary, "Zero Days", which examines the Stuxnet virus and the far-reaching implications as a result of that operation.

If you think our enemies (in particular Iran) do not have the technological ability to enact equivalent cyber attacks here in the U.S., you are misinformed.
who is saying anything different. And Iran has been doing that way before this pager thing happened.

I guess i don't see what this post has to do with this thread
halfastros81
AG
The terrorists only understand one language … brute force. This sends a powerful message imo…one way or another we will find you and we will hurt you.
torrid
AG
A few thoughts:

1. I read accounts that the beepers beeped, the intended recipients pulled them out to look at them, and then they blew up in the people's faces. It sounds like there was a delay programmed in to maximize damage.

2. Beyond simply killing terrorists, this is a mind-**** deep into Hezbollah as they no longer know who or what to trust.

3. I suspect Hezbollah will be trying to corner the eBay market on 1970s Radio Shack Space Commander walkie-talkies for communications.
doubledog
fooz said:

rathAG05 said:

How in n the world did they set that up?
Ahmed got a good deal on bulk pagers...
Ahmed liked the deep vibration mode on these pagers..
doubledog
Burnsey said:

jagvocate said:

This would be a war crime under the Geneva Conventions. Luckily Israel is too immoral and degenerate to interpret the Conventions in such a way.

In what way do you think this act violates the GC?
Quote:

The Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention, adopted in 1997, prohibits the use of anti-personnel mines and requires states to take action to prevent and address their long-term effects.

Good thing these were just malfunctioning pagers.

https://disarmament.unoda.org/convarms/landmines/#:~:text=Anti%2Dpersonnel%20landmines%20are%20prohibited,Convention)%2C%20adopted%20in%201997.
gigemags-99
AG
There better be a movie made about this. Title suggestions?

I vote "867-530Boom" or

"Wanna be a Balla" - They should've switched from Motorola to a PrimeCo phone
VaultingChemist
AG
BQ_90 said:

VaultingChemist said:

who is saying anything different. And Iran has been doing that way before this pager thing happened.

There is a strong probability of some form of retaliation from Iran toward Israel and the U.S. as a result of this operation. Iran has the capability, as they have one of the largest cyber warfare divisions of any country in the world.
halfastros81
AG
That was one of my initial thoughts as well once I understood the basic facts of what happened… this will be made into a movie.
Ag87H2O
AG
This was just an all around brilliant plan. Not only did the Israelis take out thousands of key Hezbollah leaders, they were also able to track these people and now know not only the individuals in key positions, but exactly where they live and work. Even the survivors of this operation have to be living in constant fear knowing that anywhere they go or any device they use puts them at risk.

It may not stop the terrorists forever, but it puts them at an extreme disadvantage and will gum up their operations for years to come. They now know that the Israelis have breached their inner workings and they have nowhere to hide. As I said in an earlier post - they should quit while they're behind.
halfastros81
AG
I wonder if the US even knew about this in advance. If I'm Israel I wouldn't have told anyone in the US.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Early reports of round 2. Two way walkie talkies popping off.
JCA1
AG
VaultingChemist said:

BQ_90 said:

VaultingChemist said:

There is a strong probability of some form of retaliation from Iran toward Israel and the U.S. as a result of this operation. Iran has the capability, as they have one of the largest cyber warfare divisions of any country in the world.
Sure. But since their stated goal is "death to Israel" and "death to america," what's the alternative? Do nothing and let them continue with their proxy war through hezbollah and just hope they don't decide to be more proactive themselves, despite their stated goals?

And I actually see this as a deterrent. This was a massively successful attack that clearly took them by surprise and showed how the Mossad has more ways than you can imagine to get to you. I'm guessing big wigs in Tehran like living, despite their claims, and have no desire to be on the business end of one of Israel's special ops.
chickencoupe16
AG
torrid said:

A few thoughts:

1. I read accounts that the beepers beeped, the intended recipients pulled them out to look at them, and then they blew up in the people's faces. It sounds like there was a delay programmed in to maximize damage.

My guess is this is more a function of it taking time for the batteries to overheat. It could have been planned but my guess is it's an unintentional perk.
agent-maroon
AG
Serious question (not calling you out) - can you actually locate someone with a beeper? Thought that they were limited to receive only.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Hungry Ojos

Netanyahu
Burnsey
AG
Thank you the reply. There are substantial differences between mines and the pagers. Unlike mines, the pagers were put onto their intended targets. Mines have no ability to discriminate between a military target or a civilian. Also, mines can remain lethal and armed decades after the conflict, whereas these devices were essentially inert until discharged. I don't think the mine provision applies here, at least not well.
agent-maroon
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

torrid said:

A few thoughts:

My guess is this is more a function of it taking time for the batteries to overheat. It could have been planned but my guess is it's an unintentional perk.

Those that actually checked their pager messages got a head wound. Those that initially ignored their messages and continued their fruit shopping got their balls blown off.
JCA1
AG
Burnsey said:

Thank you the reply. There are substantial differences between mines and the pagers. Unlike mines, the pagers were put onto their intended targets. Mines have no ability to discriminate between a military target or a civilian. Also, mines can remain lethal and armed decades after the conflict, whereas these devices were essentially inert until discharged. I don't think the mine provision applies here, at least not well.
Yeah. I don't get that either. These were basically targeted bombs. Clearly, every sophisticated military in the world uses targeted bombs.
Ag87H2O
AG
agent-maroon said:

Serious question (not calling you out) - can you actually locate someone with a beeper? Thought that they were limited to receive only.
I can't say with 100% certainty, but I assume if they can send a signal to the pager that they can track the unit where that signal went.
fooz
Round 2. Brand is Icon.

YellowPot_97
AG
No Quarter
AgBQ-00
AG
fooz said:

Round 2. Brand is Icon.

They're going to be communicating via one time use pads and message runners/dead drops before long.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
BQ78
AG
Now Hezbollah's walkie talkies are blowing up.

Guess Israel figured they would start looking closer at all their electronics and it was now or never.
YouBet
AG
Amazing stuff. Good job Israel.
YouBet
AG
BQ78 said:

Now Hezbollah's walkie talkies are blowing up.

Guess Israel figured they would start looking closer at all their electronics and it was now or never.

Next thing you know their pets heads will be falling off...if they haven't eaten them already.
JayHowdy!
BQ78
AG
Can you make Big Chief Tablets explode?
Phatbob
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.