Another reminder not to mess with Israel- exploding pagers

39,601 Views | 409 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TXAG 05
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Phatbob said:

TChaney said:

7 pages

And nobody mentions the number of goats breathing a sigh of relief tonight?

When they say they're lover is the GOAT, that's no acronym....

When they say throat goat, they mean it
TyHolden
AG
I guess the main question is whether the deep state will use the same tactics against Trump?
Thunderstruck xx
That's a lot of alohas for one snackbar.

deddog
AG
Wonder how many months, if not years, it took Israel to infiltrate their supply chain, and plant an explosive, in a freaking pager.

This is incredible.
deddog
AG
TyHolden said:

I guess the main question is whether the deep state will use the same tactics against Trump?
No, they'd want something more reliable, like a plane crash.
C@LAg
deddog said:

TyHolden said:

No, they'd want something more reliable, like a plane crash.
israeli tech and patents are in practically all wireless communication devices worldwide

that includes components mfg in Israel..
GigEmTx
P.H. Dexippus said:

I wonder who he was hanging out with? What a shame

Quote:

Iranian Ambassador Mojtaba Amani wounded in Hezbollah explosion
The news also comes only hours after the Shin Bet revealed that Hezbollah recently attempted to assassinate a top former Israeli defense official in Tel Aviv.
https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-820547

Video of some of the explosions

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/30487383/hezbollah-fighters-injured-walkie-talkies-explode/

Couldn't have happened to a better bunch of guys.
GigEmTx
Trigon Jin said:

GAC06 said:

Israel just pulled off one of the greatest covert operations of all time, simultaneously killing potentially dozens, blinding potentially hundreds, and wounding/maiming/disabling potentially thousands of Hezbollah's upper echelon, leaving them in complete disarray.

But some on the internet say it's a failure because they should have rigged their beepers with detectable levels of explosives.

Dailywire is reporting Israel intended to detonate them in the event/on the event of a full on war with hezbollah; however 2 of hezbollahs members discovered tampering with the devices, so Israel had to detonate them ASAP.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-details-emerge-on-how-israel-struck-4000-hezbollah-terrorists-in-mass-pager-bombing?topStoryPosition=1

---- The pagers were imported months ago from a Taiwan, but were only recently given to the Hezbollah terrorists, reports said. A small amount of explosive material had been placed in each device before it ever reached Lebanon.

Israel's original plan was to detonate the pagers in the event that it entered a full blown war with Hezbollah so that it would have a clear advantage at the outset of fighting, Al-Monitor reported.

However, Israel was forced to detonate the pagers quickly after it learned that two Hezbollah members figured out that the pagers had been breached.

----- Israel reportedly infiltrated Hezbollah's supply chain and rigged thousands of pagers with pentaerythritol tetranitrate (PETN), a highly explosive material, which was then remotely detonated simultaneously.
That's really brilliant, especially the idea to detonate them at the outset of war. That alone could turn the tide and save lives. Wonder what else they have up their sleeves.
jwoodmd
GigEmTx said:

P.H. Dexippus said:

I wonder who he was hanging out with? What a shame

Quote:

Iranian Ambassador Mojtaba Amani wounded in Hezbollah explosion
The news also comes only hours after the Shin Bet revealed that Hezbollah recently attempted to assassinate a top former Israeli defense official in Tel Aviv.
https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-820547

Video of some of the explosions

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/30487383/hezbollah-fighters-injured-walkie-talkies-explode/

Couldn't have happened to a better bunch of guys.
Wow - all the other guys do is stand back and look at him.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
p_bubel said:

Saw this on facebook earlier and had no idea what it was referencing. We live in amazing times.
AgResearch
AG
jwoodmd said:

Wow - all the other guys do is stand back and look at him.

Imagine living in a ****hole that you become immune to people blowing up.
UTExan
jagvocate said:

This would be a war crime under the Geneva Conventions. Luckily Israel is too immoral and degenerate to interpret the Conventions in such a way.

Do terrorists merit POW rights when they engage in war crimes against civilians? My old Law of Land Warfare class recollections are that they don't. But listening to lawyers never benefited anybody but the terrorists anyway.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Urban Ag
AG
jagvocate said:

This would be a war crime under the Geneva Conventions. Luckily Israel is too immoral and degenerate to interpret the Conventions in such a way.
Couldn't agree more that Israel was lucky enough not to hold themselves to the Geneva Conventions. Smart move.

I mean, when you're surrounded on all sides by 5th century Islamists that only wish you genocide, what other position could you take? You do understand that right?

Such a "Nazi" take by you. Hitler and Himmler are nodding their approval from the big oven.
InfantryAg
AG
jagvocate said:

immoral and degenerate? 20 plus years on this board and that is THE stupidest thing I have ever seen posted.

Terrorists don't get geneva protections, especially from a country who did not sign on to them.

Israel is ONLY taking on these hezbollah / hamas terrorists for their own defense; To prevent them from attacking and destroying Israel and every Jew in the middle east. You think that's immoral.

As I've stated before, lawyers that think like you would have lost us WWII. Also the same jag mindset that tied our hands behind our back in the GWOT, contributing to the U.S. losing.
ord89
AG
Genius
EMY92
AG
Now, if the Israelis decide to go into Lebanon to clean out more terrorists that keep firing rockets into Israel, they know that anyone with a limp is the enemy.
B-1 83
AG
jagvocate said:

I'm guessing Hezbollah never signed it, and after what their running buddies did Oct. 7 Israeli dgaf about the Geneva Convention when dealing with these animals. The animals apparently don't care.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
BigRobSA
EMY92 said:

Now, if the Israelis decide to go into Lebanon to clean out more terrorists that keep firing rockets into Israel, they know that anyone with a limp is the enemy.

One step further....along with explosives, pack the explosive with a radioactive marker. Then, at a later time, target those markers. Boom! (Literally!) Done.
C@LAg
given the US has taken creative liberates re: the Geneva conventions (e.g. our creative interpretation "enemy combatants") we have no room to call out anyone else taking similar liberties.

suck it Hezbollah.
VaultingChemist
AG
Swollen Thumb
AG
Sorry your terrorist pals got their junk blown off.
ttu_85
Urban Ag said:

jagvocate said:

Couldn't agree more that Israel was lucky enough not to hold themselves to the Geneva Conventions. Smart move.

I mean, when you're surrounded on all sides by 5th century Islamists that only wish you genocide, what other position could you take? You do understand that right?

Such a "Nazi" take by you. Hitler and Himmler are nodding their approval from the big oven.
This guy posts this kind of junk on all threads related to Israel. You gotta wonder.
ttu_85
VaultingChemist said:

If you can program the firmware in a pager to ignite this stuff at a preset time you can do it to ANYTHING with an internal clock or any type of receiver- wifi, 2G,5G, BTL, blue tooth etc.

The key would be getting the explosive in the device undetected. Technically a brilliant op. Keep in mind someone had to "flash" or upload the code into the micro controller or firmware of these devices in mass.
EX TEXASEX
Muslim scientist working 24/7 to bring these pagers to an Airline near you in 6 months!!

#FJB
William K. Klingaman
Anthony Blinkin upset that nobody told him about this plan.

Yeah, because you would have warned Hezbollah about it.
nortex97
AG
EX TEXASEX said:

Muslim scientist working 24/7 to bring these pagers to an Airline near you in 6 months!!

I laughed, but PETN embedded in cell phone or laptop batteries might be pretty damn dangerous in flight, given how connected planes are now via satellites.
EX TEXASEX
Yep, now that you are connected to the internet even at 35, 000 ft, Have several window seat passengers in a row that want those 72 virgins and and bye bye, I would think.
#FJB
nortex97
AG
I don't want to post speculation that would be harmful/dangerous etc, but airlines make a lot of money on belly cargo/freight, on pax flights internationally especially.
Phatbob
AG
jagvocate said:

Need a tissue?
IndividualFreedom
Quote:

Wonder how many months, if not years, it took Israel to infiltrate their supply chain, and plant an explosive, in a freaking pager.

This is incredible.
To me the incredible part was the distribution of the pager. Who sold the terrorists on the idea of using the pager, and then how did you put the pagers in the pockets of terrorists only? I am surprised we are not hearing the whootin and hollerin of the anti Israel crowd in regards to collateral damages.
agracer
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

No. I'm saying this was a very effective attack unlike you. You seem very upset by this?
aTmAg is never wrong. Have you not been here long?
doubledog
In the 90s we called our pagers the old electronic ball and chain. Never thought is would be used to actually remove one.. (not the chain).

jwoodmd
agracer said:

Yukon Cornelius said:

No. I'm saying this was a very effective attack unlike you. You seem very upset by this?
aTmAg is never wrong. Have you not been here long?
And he seems to have the invisible people protect him. I've had three posts where I asked him legitimate questions and never called him names or anything personal and they've all been deleted. I'm sure this one will also.
Rapier108
IndividualFreedom said:

Quote:

This is incredible.
To me the incredible part was the distribution of the pager. Who sold the terrorists on the idea of using the pager, and then how did you put the pagers in the pockets of terrorists only? I am surprised we are not hearing the whootin and hollerin of the anti Israel crowd in regards to collateral damages.
Some news reports say it was the head of Hezbollah (or perhaps his Iranian handler) who had his guys switch from cell phones which they thought the Israelis were tracking, to the encrypted pagers. The assumption was pagers would be harder to track.

How the Israelis found out and managed to rig the pagers is the most interesting part of the entire thing.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
fooz
rathAG05 said:

How in n the world did they set that up?
Ahmed got a good deal on bulk pagers...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.