Another reminder not to mess with Israel- exploding pagers

39,416 Views | 409 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TXAG 05
Yukon Cornelius
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Identifying who is in the network communicating?

Tag
MooreTrucker
AG
aTmAg said:

If there are no terrorist deaths, then, I'd consider this operation a failure..

What is the point of merely causing pain?
Warning shots? Reminder of what could be?
P.U.T.U
AG
Nagler said:

So how does that actually work?
Lithium batteries don't explode like that, Israel likely disrupted the supply chain and put explosives in the pagers. Then they set them all off at the same time. Quite genius actually
AgLA06
AG
aTmAg said:

No different than exploding ammunition in Vietnam. If you can't trust the devices you use to communicate or operate, good luck being effective.
P.U.T.U
AG
aTmAg said:

Thousands of terrorist in localized areas needing medical attention at the same time cause the medical system to be overwhelmed (there are videos in Lebanon of terrorist all over the emergency room). Also to instill fear, we can hit you anywhere at anytime. Makes the terrorist hesitant to use modern technology to communicate which slows down their intelligence and planning
Texmid
AG
Seriously, how did they pull this off? Were the pagers made in Israel and loaded with bombs? Did they know which pagers were going to terrorists and only load those with explosives?
rednecked
AG
Phatbob said:

It's always dangerous to be around Palestinians, you never know when they are going to blow up ON you.

FIFY
aTmAg
AG
MooreTrucker said:

aTmAg said:

Warning shots? Reminder of what could be?
But then they wasted a huge logistical effort. If only they added some shrapnel or something, then there could be 12,000 dead terrorists right now. It would have been perfect.
aggiehawg
AG
Biz Ag said:

Reach out and touch someone.

By definition a pager is already a receiving device. so need explosive charge of some sort (a short thatsets off the batteries? maybe?) And when the call comes in to trigger it, BOOM.
TX04Aggie
AG
BBC alert just popped up on my phone. 8 dead and 2,750 in Lebanon.
B-1 83
AG
aTmAg said:

Well, if the pagers were in their pockets we know they aren't reproducing…..
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Independence H-D
aTmAg said:

Heavy injuries are fantastic. Puts a huge strain on the infrastructure of your enemy.
aTmAg
AG
AgLA06 said:

aTmAg said:

No different than exploding ammunition in Vietnam. If you can't trust the devices you use to communicate or operate, good luck being effective.
And yet, if we had a way to kill every North Vietnamese who was holding ammo, then the war would have likely been over. That would be worth WAY more than having terrorists lose trust in their pagers.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
This was far better. Limited collateral damage. Likely many will die. It slows their network effectiveness. It identifies everyone communicating and participating in the terrorist organization from top to bottom. Will be very interesting to see if anyone winds up injured who was thought not to be involved with hezbolah
aTmAg
AG
Independence H-D said:

aTmAg said:

Heavy injuries are fantastic. Puts a huge strain on the infrastructure of your enemy.
Not as fantastic as killing all of your enemy.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Hope there's not an antibiotic shortage in Lebanon
aTmAg
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

This was far better. Limited collateral damage. Likely many will die. It slows their network effectiveness. It identifies everyone communicating and participating in the terrorist organization from top to bottom. Will be very interesting to see if anyone winds up injured who was thought not to be involved with hezbolah
No way is it far better than to have all of these terrorists dead. F collateral damage if you have that golden opportunity. They will never have this one again.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Patience. Sometimes there's more value in not smoking everyone.
eric76
AG
Ozzy Osbourne said:

At first I thought maybe Israel just ringed a bunch of pagers that were used as remote bomb detonators to set them off early. Nope. The pagers themselves were the bomb. Wild!

Man, my phone is in my pants pocket right now pretty close to the boys….
I use something like this instead.

In the winter time with a denim jacket covering the top, it does kind of look like I might be open carrying, though.

I wouldn't count on that offering much protection, though.
ef857002-e9da-4375-b80a-869a3518bb00@8shield.net
Ag87H2O
AG
aTmAg said:

It sends a signal to the terrorists - You have been warned. Stop messing with us. We can get you any time we want, and you won't see it coming.

Next time, it might be your cell phone, or your coffee maker, or your wife's laptop or tablet.
aTmAg
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

Patience. Sometimes there's more value in not smoking everyone.
You act like Israel is perfect and is playing 12D chess. If they were doing that, then they would have won this war decades ago. They sure as hell wouldn't have been caught with their pants down on Oct 7th.
eric76
AG
AgLA06 said:

aTmAg said:

Not too long go, the FBi brought down a lot of criminals by running their own telephone network for criminals. It was so "secure" that many criminals used it.

See https://www.npr.org/2024/05/31/1197959218/fbi-phone-company-anom
ef857002-e9da-4375-b80a-869a3518bb00@8shield.net
Trajan88
AG
Pagers now... beepers later.

Blowed up... blowed up real good.

CanyonAg77
AG
If you die you're a martyr. If a pager blows your twig and berries off, you aren't getting any virgins in this life. I don't know about the next. They didn't die and they didn't kill any Jews, so I expect they get nothing
Yukon Cornelius
AG
No. I'm saying this was a very effective attack unlike you. You seem very upset by this?
aTmAg
AG
Ag87H2O said:

aTmAg said:

It sends a signal to the terrorists - You have been warned. Stop messing with us. We can get you any time we want, and you won't see it coming.
You seriously think that these terrorists are going to say "never mind" and offer Israel olive branches? Hell no.

And Israel can't get them any time they want. This is the only time in the history that this has happened.
PCC_80
AG
This should be posted as the "Feel Good Story of the Day". I sure enjoyed it and started my day off right.
Quo Vadis?
Wow, I'm not a fan of Israel; but this is one of the coolest and most gangster things I've ever seen
Ag87H2O
AG
aTmAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

aTmAg said:

You seriously think that these terrorists are going to say "never mind" and offer Israel olive branches? Hell no.

And Israel can't get them any time they want. This is the only time in the history that this has happened.
I think you greatly underestimate the Israeli's capabilities.

Thousands of exploding pagers and a bomb planted in a dignitaries hotel room in the middle of Tehran speak pretty loudly.
45-70Ag
AG
Ha ha
aTmAg
AG
Ag87H2O said:

aTmAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

aTmAg said:

I think you greatly underestimate the Israeli's capabilities.

Thousands of exploding pagers and a bomb planted in a dignitaries hotel room in the middle of Tehran speak pretty loudly.
The pagers are not that big a deal if it only kills 10% of them. In fact, I'd call it wasting a resounding intelligence and logistical success with an operational failure.
Ginormus Ag
AG
Unrequested transitioning surgery.
P.U.T.U
AG
Israel plays the long term game, this obviously took months if not over a year. They also figured that the pagers would go to Hezbollah members and their allies. For one they killed a few dozen if not more, if they had their pagers in the front they could have hit their femoral artery and bled out quickly. Two they injured thousands of terrorist with most of them getting major hip injuries that will limit their battlefield abilities. For those trying to remain undercover they either got outed in public by blowing up or the people around them will know in the future with their limp from their hips getting so damaged.

Sometimes injuries are worse than death, know the terrorist know they are being tracked by Israel. This was likely done with key members were out in public and Israel has made it known who was behind it.
Ginormus Ag
AG
You have a company provided pager blow your junk off. Are you going to trust any electronic device given to you ever again?
torrid
AG
I'm going to speculate they were fully-functioning pagers with explosives built in, letting the intended recipients get comfortable using them. Israel waited until they verified that enough targeted people were carrying and using them, and then sent a code to set off the explosives on all devices at the same time.

Splat.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.