Armed Venezuelan gangs in [Permian Basin]

9,816 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Some Junkie Cosmonaut
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
normalhorn said:

I can vouch that this is a real issue.

3 clients have had run ins, sabotage and stolen oil loads in the past 3 months. Hundreds of thousands of dollars, at minimum. And rattled oil pumpers.

Where do you fence a stolen load of oil? Is there some black market refinery like in Mad Max?

(I posted this before seeing there were others asking the same question)
Fatboy Thaddeus
LOL not even 8 hours later, and already trying to litigate that "civil unrest" key away from the Dems I see...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/sep/05/harris-election-allan-lichtman
nortex97
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Venezuelan migrant gangs are global marxist controlled green berets.

They've infiltrated and set up shop in blue-megacities. Blended in with the population and are awaiting further orders.

For these guys coming from Venezuela the USA is a cakewalk. The land of milk and honey.

The enforcement arm of the fundamental change promised to Americans that they voted for 3x and soon to be 4.
So much this. The Mugabeite left wants these people threatening/killing Americans. Longish thread, but more should study this history, imho. Remember, Mugabe was put into power by the CIA.

Old Sarge
AG
one safe place said:

Law enforcement should take no prisoners, always killing the bad guys. Have a stash of throw-down guns in case they are needed.
No survivors. You know they have cell phones/cams for evidence of civil rights violations. Put them all down, wipe all the phones "Hillary Clinton style".

Rinse
Lather
Repeat
normalhorn
Burdizzo said:

normalhorn said:

3 clients have had run ins, sabotage and stolen oil loads in the past 3 months. Hundreds of thousands of dollars, at minimum. And rattled oil pumpers.

Where do you fence a stolen load of oil? Is there some black market refinery like in Mad Max?

We have no idea where this stolen oil goes
My hunch is that they're using an inside source to temporarily dump it into frac tanks, then a legitimate trucking company haul from an operator/producer
But, there are so many moving parts that need to be included in this process that makes me think a violent crime syndicate wouldn't have time for that, whereas a cartel or mob would have their ducks in a row
BigOil
AG
They can make DIY refineries to make gasoline; been mastered by the Nigerians.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/video/2013/oct/16/illegal-oil-refinery-niger-delta-video

Aggie4Life02
AG
Bring back public hangings.
P.U.T.U
AG
BigOil said:

They can make DIY refineries to make gasoline; been mastered by the Nigerians.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/video/2013/oct/16/illegal-oil-refinery-niger-delta-video

Vice (when it was still a legit news organization) did a story on this about 10 years ago, crazy what they came up with using limited supplies and technology
Owlagdad
Michael Sullivan's Texas Minute has Venezuelan gangs in North Dallas
fixer
normalhorn said:

Burdizzo said:

normalhorn said:

We have no idea where this stolen oil goes
My hunch is that they're using an inside source to temporarily dump it into frac tanks, then a legitimate trucking company haul from an operator/producer
But, there are so many moving parts that need to be included in this process that makes me think a violent crime syndicate wouldn't have time for that, whereas a cartel or mob would have their ducks in a row
That is a possibility.

My thinking was along the lines of an inside job at some Mexico refineries.

Gather up a truck load. Possibly have your own hauler.
Bring it to your inside guy to off load.
Get another hauler to load up on gasoline or diesel
Cartel pays off the inside guy and the guys bootlegging it.
Cartel gets gasoline and diesel brought to them in a legit hauler at a low price?

My other thought was--could they stock pile it for incendiary purposes?

TexasAGGIEinAR
chris1515 said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

They have an enclave in Dallas as well:

https://dallasexpress.com/crime/venezuelan-gang-terrorizes-north-dallas-neighborhood/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Venezuelan%20Gang%20Terrorizes%20North%20Dallas%20Neighborhood&utm_campaign=09%2005%2024%20Newsletter

I have never once heard of the Dallas Express.

Sounds like an arena football team.
MouthBQ98
AG
They are fencing it somewhere. Someone is taking a cut to work it into deliveries somewhere.

I work in telecom and our incidents of copper theft have gone off the charts. They are brazen and greedy. They'll steal thousands of feet of heavy cable if they can find it in a location where nobody is paying attention. We've even caught contractor's current or former employees stealing cable on weekends overnight. Scrap yards are supposed to be verifying source on this stuff but the operations doing it have learned to pre-process it so it isn't identifiable. We don't have many customers still working in the copper but there are still some, and it takes them out of service, and that copper is a valuable asset. Plus, the thieves sometimes cut into fiber cables looking for copper ones and take down big data circuits and networks or thousands of customers. That cost is ultimately passed to the end consumer and stockholders.
Corn Pop
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

Lot of open land and holes for people to disappear out there. These thugs are messing with some incredibly wealthy and powerful people and they are messing with money & employees, this isn't going to end like they think.

Right, don't confuse Midland with the rest of West Texas. This gets pushed it's going to be ugly. You'll end up in a hole in the middle of 1000 acres never to be found again.
HumpitPuryear
AG
They will start tapping pipelines eventually. Pemex has major problems with that.

This is likely TdA. The Mexican cartels make too much money on drugs and human trafficking to mess with this and TdA is locked out of those businesses so this is what they do instead. They may be intimidating buyers to take the stolen oil or just collaborating with someone on the inside.

We are going to be dealing with the fallout of open borders for a long time and in unforeseen ways.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Corn Pop said:

You'll end up in a hole in the middle of 1000 acres never to be found again.

No you won't. This isn't a Taylor Sheridan show.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.