The GOP plays the identity politics game, just not with white men

2,206 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by zb008
Nanomachines son
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They will speak directly to every single group on the planet, explicitly mention them by name, and then say exactly how they will help that group. The only group they won't do this with? White men. You will never ever hear a GOP politician mention white men by name. Not once.

Matt Walsh is nails here and is exactly right. They are afraid of being called what they are literally already being called. It's mind-boggling because just a 5% increase in white men will win almost every swing state. That's it, that's all they have to do to win. Yet they won't do it, which is why it's clear the GOP doesn't want to actually win and doesn't actually care about their base at all.
El Gallo Blanco
Unfortunately, it's not a message that will resonate with non-whites. Even with the more moderate and conservative ones...people have been conditioned over decades for red flags to go off.

It's not a winning strategy to openly champion for white men imo.

Do it to your own detriment, but don't complain when we are full blown marxist and reading of "Gender Queer" is mandatory in K thru 5 in ten years.
Rapier108
So the GOP shouldn't try to reach out to non-white voters?

Talk about intentionally trying to lose.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
one MEEN Ag
AG
On one level, yes go ahead and play to your voter base.

On the other hand, the values of conservatives are that they just want everyone to be treated equal. So playing special interest to the only group that doesn't have a special interest group is very much antithetical.

I don't want my kids to get special consideration into college or the workforce. I want everyone to have to play by the same merits. So yeah you can't play 'unfairly reward my tribe' if you just want the tribes to be fairly rewarded.

This also means that you have to go on the offense and limit the excessive gains that special interest groups have carved out of the democrat party. They're going to call you racist and a terrible human. They do that anyway.
93MarineHorn
Rapier108 said:

How did you get that from what was in the OP?
Nanomachines son
El Gallo Blanco said:

Unfortunately, it's not a message that will resonate with non-whites. Even with the more moderate and conservative ones...people have been conditioned over decades for red flags to go off.

Do it to your own detriment, but don't complain when we are full blwon marxist and reading of "Gender Queer" is mandatory in K thru 5 in ten years.

But it's okay to champion every other group when they won't move the needle? The GOP will trade millions of white swing state voters for 3 black votes.

Nanomachines son
Rapier108 said:

You didn't watch the video at all did you? No one is saying you can't appeal to other voters, but they explicitly ignore the white male voters everywhere and never once mention them by name. Why does this scare you all so much?
Kunkle for Congress TX-34
The GOP does have a problem coming from D.C. and the likes of Kevin McCarthy. It is a common problem across America where men, in general, are not stepping up to the plate...

For instance, the last two GOP Primaries I have run in, the RNC and GOP have been openly biased in favor of Conservative Latinas. My mother's family is from Mexico, but because I have a white last name, I am automatically assumed to be full gringo. I am darker than Kamala and speak both English and Spanish.

And what happened in those two primaries: 2 out of the 3 Latinas (Mayra Flores and Cassy Garcia lost their elections. Monica De La Cruz only won because of redistricting that occurred, and that is a fact.

I have had plenty of people tell me I should change my name on the ballot to garner votes, but I refuse. Mayra Flores doesn't even use her real name because it is too Mexican.

After Mayra loses for the third time, I plan to approach the election with more ganas and whip men back into voting because Matt is correct. We need more men to step up and step out during these times.

Lastly, the RNC and GOP fail to realize that even though Mexicans and OTMs may talk a lot of **** about White people, they respect them. Look at Trump! The Hispanic community will never recognize female leadership as that is not it's culture. White men are indeed the forgotten population.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
93MarineHorn
Nanomachines son said:

Rapier108 said:

You didn't watch the video at all did you? No one is saying you can't appeal to other voters, but they explicitly ignore the white male voters everywhere and never once mention them by name. Why does this scare you all so much?
You know why. ANY appeal to white males would be intentionally misinterpreted and magnified to great harm for the GOP. Also, it's totally unnecessary since Dems openly state that white males (white privilege, male toxicity & white supremacy) are THE greatest problem or even threat to society.
El Gallo Blanco
Nanomachines son said:

Rapier108 said:

The problem is that it scares everyone else. If Trump said something like "we have got to get back to championing white men, who have been marginalized and demonized and cast aside! THER IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING WHITE! NEVER APOLOGIZE!etc etc"....GAME OVER.

It would be played on a continuous loop on every network. TONS of conservatives would be condemning it. Could literally split the party imo.
Logos Stick
93MarineHorn said:

Nanomachines son said:

Rapier108 said:

You know why. ANY appeal to white males would be intentionally misinterpreted and magnified to great harm for the GOP. Also, it's totally unnecessary since Dems openly state that white males (white privilege, male toxicity & white supremacy) are THE greatest problem or even threat to society.

If you look at the stats, it is totally necessary. 40% of white men voted for Biden. That 40% includes a lot of non-soy boy, beta ****s that are your typical white male liberals.
Nanomachines son
93MarineHorn said:

Nanomachines son said:

Rapier108 said:

They are literally already called nazis now. How would this be any different? Every candidate is referred to as literally hitler. How would this change anything?
El Gallo Blanco
Kunkle for Congress TX-34 said:

The GOP does have a problem coming from D.C. and the likes of Kevin McCarthy. It is a common problem across America where men, in general, are not stepping up to the plate...

For instance, the last two GOP Primaries I have run in, the RNC and GOP have been openly biased in favor of Conservative Latinas. My mother's family is from Mexico, but because I have a white last name, I am automatically assumed to be full gringo. I am darker than Kamala and speak both English and Spanish.

And what happened in those two primaries: 2 out of the 3 Latinas (Mayra Flores and Cassy Garcia lost their elections. Monica De La Cruz only won because of redistricting that occurred, and that is a fact.

I have had plenty of people tell me I should change my name on the ballot to garner votes, but I refuse. Mayra Flores doesn't even use her real name because it is too Mexican.

After Mayra loses for the third time, I plan to approach the election with more ganas and whip men back into voting because Matt is correct. We need more men to step up and step out during these times.

Lastly, the RNC and GOP fail to realize that even though Mexicans and OTMs may talk a lot of **** about White people, they respect them. Look at Trump! The Hispanic community will never recognize female leadership as that is not it's culture. White men are indeed the forgotten population.
You'd have my vote. In my opinion, the greatest epidemic this country faces is increasingly weak/passive men, and fatherlessness...which is a result of weak/passive men.

Wherever you have the fewest strong men in society, you have themost violence, chaos, perversion, degeneracy and disorder. Nothing could ever convince me otherwise.
Schneider Electric
Nanomachines son said:

Rapier108 said:

It seems like commenting without reading a posted story or watching a posted video is all too common.
Sad that Ags are that obtuse
Nanomachines son
El Gallo Blanco said:

Nanomachines son said:

Rapier108 said:

The problem is that it scares everyone else. If Trump said something like "we have got to get back to championing white men, who have been marginalized and demonized and cast aside! THER IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING WHITE! NEVER APOLOGIZE!etc etc"....GAME OVER.

It would be played on a continuous loop on every network. TONS of conservatives would be condemning it. Could literally split the party imo.

So people who already call the GOP Nazis will call them double secret Nazis or something? SUPERNAZIS WITH UBERHITLER!
El Gallo Blanco
Nanomachines son said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Nanomachines son said:

Rapier108 said:

So people who already call the GOP Nazis will call them double secret Nazis or something? SUPERNAZIS WITH UBERHITLER!
No, it's not about the idiot true believing leftist zealots...it's about the MILLIONS of more reasonable people on the right and in the middle, who would be completely turned off by a "we need to protect and defend white men! white pride!" message. You're smarter than this.

A lot of people would think..."sh**, maybe there's a little truth to what these leftist psychos have been saying".

Also, a "white pride (white power?)!" type of message isn't going to wake guys up who weren't voting GOP to begin with. You think fruity liberal or CM white males are going to be energized by a "white men built this country and they are being torn down...we need to start recognizing the greatness of white men again!" type of message? What white male voters would this message wake up? I think it's a silly notion TBH. And I think trying to pander to any race or other group is silly.
Nanomachines son
El Gallo Blanco said:

Nanomachines son said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Nanomachines son said:

Rapier108 said:

No, it's not about the idiot true believing leftist zealots...it's about the MILLIONS of more reasonable people on the right and in the middle, who would be completely turned off by a "we need to protect and defend white men! white pride!" message. You're smarter than this.

A lot of people would think...sh**...maybe there's a little truth to what these leftist psychos have been saying. Also, a "white pride (power?)!" type of message isn't going to wake guys up who weren't voting GOP to begin with. You think fruity liberal or CM white males are going to be energized by a "white men built this country and they are being torn down...we need to start recognizing the greatness of white men again!" type of message? What white male voters would this message wake up? I think it's a silly notion TBH. And I think trying to pander to any race or other group is silly.

You can do this without making people angry, it's pretty easy to do it.

"For too long white men have been demonized for no reason so I'm here to say that I will help you moving forward. I will bring back manufacturing jobs, industry, initiate policy that will help families be affordable again, and end push legislation to end all racial discrimination be it implicit or explicit in the academic world and in business so that no one can ever ask a question about race in hiring and all admission to college must be blind such that administrators cannot see names and cannot know who the person is beyond their application."

Tada
El Gallo Blanco said:

Nanomachines son said:

Rapier108 said:

I think positioning white men as victims won't work out for Republicans.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
No. I am typically a fan of Matt Walsh but we don't win on the principle of "race shouldn't matter" by focusing in any way on race.

This is not something Conservatives want to legitimize by making the opponent's defense become "they do it too".

Campaign on ideas and principles. They'll be called "racist dog whistles" by the Left anyway. Don't give them more sound bites that will be taken out of context.
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
Nanomachines son
Dad-O-Lot said:

No. I am typically a fan of Matt Walsh but we don't win on the principle of "race shouldn't matter" by focusing in any way on race.

This is not something Conservatives want to legitimize by making the opponent's defense become "they do it too".

Campaign on ideas and principles. They'll be called "racist dog whistles" by the Left anyway. Don't give them more sound bites that will be taken out of context.

The GOP already does this with every single other group but the instant white men are mentioned it's "WHOA NOW THIS IS WAY OVER THE LINE!"

With everyone else, you all cheer it on. "We're getting more of the blacks, Hispanics, women, this time I just know it. Look at how what this based person has said!"

*voting rates never change*

Hypocrites, all of you.
Edward_Colston
Schneider Electric said:

Nanomachines son said:

Rapier108 said:

It seems like commenting without reading a posted story or watching a posted video is all too common.
Sad that Ags are that obtuse
ha this is a f16 tradition see a thread fire at the hip with your own platitudes the actual substance be dammed!
TexAgs91
AG
The GOP plays identity politics all the time.

Like when repubs say pick a female or black VP or president. Repubs brag about how many minorities we have in congress. It's very important to repubs while preaching against wokeness and DEI.

Both parties, especially dems have told MLK to go pound sand. Screw the content of people's character, we're going for minority checkboxes.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Muktheduck
El Gallo Blanco said:

Nanomachines son said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Nanomachines son said:

Rapier108 said:

A lot of people would think..."sh**, maybe there's a little truth to what these leftist psychos have been saying".

Also, a "white pride (white power?)!" type of message isn't going to wake guys up who weren't voting GOP to begin with. You think fruity liberal or CM white males are going to be energized by a "white men built this country and they are being torn down...we need to start recognizing the greatness of white men again!" type of message? What white male voters would this message wake up? I think it's a silly notion TBH. And I think trying to pander to any race or other group is silly.

If these groups are turned off by the message "it's okay to be white", they're not reasonable. Where the hell did "white pride" get mentioned? Why do you equate what Walsh said with white ethnocentrism?

Nanomachines son
Muktheduck said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Nanomachines son said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Nanomachines son said:

Rapier108 said:

If these groups are turned off by the message "it's okay to be white", they're not reasonable. Where the hell did "white pride" get mentioned? Why do you equate what Walsh said with white ethnocentrism?

Because they are trained that way and they don't even know it. The media told them any mention of whites is dangerous, racist, Nazi like and they internalized it so completely that even when they claim to be against DEI ideas that they cannot stomach it at all and any pushback immediately means the 5th Reich.
BusterAg
AG
Its because there are enough white men aren't victimizing wussies. We don't want you to placate us with patronizing words, just quit spending our damn money on DC corruption and hiring DEI idiots to **** up stuff we need someone to get done.

There is a reason some people have all the money. It's because they work harder than everyone else and don't give excuses.

Yes, luck plays a role. But getting rich with luck and no hard work requires either really pretty high cheekbones or a lottery ticket (of either the gas station or rich parents kind).
RebelE Infantry
AG
Nanomachines son said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Do it to your own detriment, but don't complain when we are full blwon marxist and reading of "Gender Queer" is mandatory in K thru 5 in ten years.

But it's okay to champion every other group when they won't move the needle? The GOP will trade millions of white swing state voters for 3 black votes.

One of the reasons I love the JD Vance pick. IMO it's an overt move to win white rust belt voters.
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
Texas velvet maestro
next level destruction of racism, or cutting though it, calling out the bigotry of low expectations.

Tyson's legal defense was that he was such a non-human beast, any woman alone w him should expect to be raped. Trump nails this. I think Trump might be the least racist president ever, and a deeper thinker.

Shoefly!
AG
93MarineHorn said:

Rapier108 said:

How did you get that from what was in the OP?

You know and he/she knows how and why the conclusion was met.
El Gallo Blanco
Tada said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Nanomachines son said:

Rapier108 said:

I think positioning white men as victims won't work out for Republicans.
Even though it's literally the only group that, not only faces outright discrimination (Asians also face this), but is ALSO allowed to be openly hated and villified (Can't say this about Asians)...I agree. It's not a winning strategy. Even though white men are the only group it is ok to openly demonize.

White men ARE victims of institutional hatred and discrimination though. To argue that is laughable.
El Gallo Blanco
Muktheduck said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Nanomachines son said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Nanomachines son said:

Rapier108 said:

I was reponding more to the OP's own commentary about the need to openly appeal to whites directly.
zb008
The Republicans have been out strategized by the Democrats for some time now. The 2016 election was an anomaly, but the party leaders can't seem to accept that. There is a reason why they have only won the popular vote in a presidential election one time since 1988, and it's because they can't help themselves when it comes to making unforced errors. They also love to focus on issues that their base could not care less about. Trump doing a rally in NYC recently is a perfect example of this. New York is never voting for him no matter how much he campaigns there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.