Shots fired at Trump [Keep it factual -- Staff]

822,518 Views | 6481 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by A is A
Texmid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What I would like to know is what are FJB and Kumala doing to make sure they are safe? Are they just going about life as if nothing happened with the Trump assassination attempt? To me it would be very telling if they have not called the SS to task to make sure their lives are not in danger. I know they need to portray confidence in the SS publicly. But privately, I would be making damn sure they are protecting me and my family.
Guitarsoup
AG
Texmid said:

What I would like to know is what are FJB and Kumala doing to make sure they are safe? Are they just going about life as if nothing happened with the Trump assassination attempt? To me it would be very telling if they have not called the SS to task to make sure their lives are not in danger. I know they need to portray confidence in the SS publicly. But privately, I would be making damn sure they are protecting me and my family.

Haven't seen them at outdoor venues.
drcrinum

J. Walter Weatherman
Fenrir said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

BadMoonRisin said:

It's been more than 2 weeks, zero press conferences, several congressional theatre's acts where ss director defers to FBI investigation and FBI director defers to SS investigation, and only have anonymous media leaks presented, yet we have to stick with the "facts"?

Uhhh ok. I get it, in the days following this we didn't want speculation, but the lack of facts at this point under such an important event unfortunately leads to lack of trust and discussion of if this was on some level allowed to happen intentionally. I don't think that should be considered the same as saying there were multiple shooters or a guy ziplining from the water tower wearing a tuxedo or whatever.

Does that still count?

I guess I'm more confused by the "we know nothing" point than anything else. I understand the frustration of not holding a public press conference and hope they do that soon, but they have released a ton of info directly to the media to share (ex. The shooter's entire timeline for that afternoon, based on security footage, dash cams, and witnesses), or through the days of testimony that both groups have done so far. Sure some of that, especially Cheadle, was unhelpful and combative, but to say we only have anonymous media leaks to go off of just isn't factual. You may not want to believe what the FBI and SS have said so far, but only going off of the random internet stories that go viral is how we get blatantly false talking points like the stock dump or the SS deleting communications that have to be shot down repeatedly. It's a never ending cycle.

I will say that there are still a number of key items we don't know that definitely need to come out.
- What and how many requests for additional security were denied in the last year. I did read that the acting director said he'd be providing that.
- How often are people labeled as suspicious and what is the protocol or threshold for stopping the event (they may not want to share this publicly)
- What changes are being made to ensure it doesn't happen again - may also need to be vague here for security purposes. They've already said all comms will be recorded and I'm assuming a streamlined structure for that will be coming for events too.

Like most government groups, the final report will be much slower to come out than anyone in a private sector job could accomplish, but none of that should be surprising.
Where has this been shot down?

In Rowe's testimony he said the only events where it's standard practice to record and keep SS communications were for events that either were in DC or that had a president or VP. He also said that moving forward all communications will be recorded and kept after the fact.
bobbranco
AG
drcrinum said:

My shocked face.
BadMoonRisin
AG
So you took a liar/cover up artist at his word. Got it.
JFABNRGR
AG

Fenrir said:

BadMoonRisin said:

It's been more than 2 weeks, zero press conferences, several congressional theatre's acts where ss director defers to FBI investigation and FBI director defers to SS investigation, and only have anonymous media leaks presented, yet we have to stick with the "facts"?

Uhhh ok. I get it, in the days following this we didn't want speculation, but the lack of facts at this point under such an important event unfortunately leads to lack of trust and discussion of if this was on some level allowed to happen intentionally. I don't think that should be considered the same as saying there were multiple shooters or a guy ziplining from the water tower wearing a tuxedo or whatever.

Does that still count?

I guess I'm more confused by the "we know nothing" point than anything else. I understand the frustration of not holding a public press conference and hope they do that soon, but they have released a ton of info directly to the media to share (ex. The shooter's entire timeline for that afternoon, based on security footage, dash cams, and witnesses), or through the days of testimony that both groups have done so far. Sure some of that, especially Cheadle, was unhelpful and combative, but to say we only have anonymous media leaks to go off of just isn't factual. You may not want to believe what the FBI and SS have said so far, but only going off of the random internet stories that go viral is how we get blatantly false talking points like the stock dump or the SS deleting communications that have to be shot down repeatedly. It's a never ending cycle.

I will say that there are still a number of key items we don't know that definitely need to come out.
- What and how many requests for additional security were denied in the last year. I did read that the acting director said he'd be providing that.
- How often are people labeled as suspicious and what is the protocol or threshold for stopping the event (they may not want to share this publicly)
- What changes are being made to ensure it doesn't happen again - may also need to be vague here for security purposes. They've already said all comms will be recorded and I'm assuming a streamlined structure for that will be coming for events too.

Like most government groups, the final report will be much slower to come out than anyone in a private sector job could accomplish, but none of that should be surprising.

In Rowe's testimony he said the only events where it's standard practice to record and keep SS communications were for events that either were in DC or that had a president or VP. He also said that moving forward all communications will be recorded and kept after the fact.
Didn't he also say the local & state LEAs comms were recorded and they were still gathering that or am I incorrect on that?

As to no create another post; one item that has not been discussed yet is the sector of fire/observation between the two sniper teams on the red building:

If the North team had a visual obstruction (the Tree) to the north then they should have been assigned to observe to the south and southwest and the South team should have been assigned to the North in overlapping manner. This tactic is about as basic as it gets. Who assigned these fields of fire?
J. Walter Weatherman
JFABNRGR said:

Fenrir said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Does that still count?

Didn't he also say the local & state LEAs comms were recorded and they were still gathering that or am I incorrect on that?

As to no create another post; one item that has not been discussed yet is the sector of fire/observation between the two sniper teams on the red building:

If the North team had a visual obstruction (the Tree) to the north then they should have been assigned to observe to the south and southwest and the South team should have been assigned to the North in overlapping manner. This tactic is about as basic as it gets. Who assigned these fields of fire?

I believe Sen Johnson mentioned they had the communications from local law enforcement but not sure those have been fully released yet.

And I don't think they've released that info yet or else I've missed it. Theoretically, I would imagine the SS would have assumed that building was covered by the local PD, but since the SS were in charge there's no excuse for there not to be backup options considering how close it was to the stage.
aggiehawg
AG
Here you go:

LINK
Fenrir

Fenrir said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Does that still count?

Punishment for deleting any correspondence needs to be a higher offense than whatever it is now considering Cheatle deleted texts relating to J6 and was still able to maintain her position until her agency screwed up in the some of the most incomprehensible and public ways possible.
BadMoonRisin
AG

Fenrir said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Does that still count?

Notice the phrasing.

Record and keep.

and....keep.

So he didn't say they didn't have records of it or it wasnt recorded in the first place.

He said they weren't required to keep it.

I would assume if one did record it, knowing that a former President was almost assassinated on Live Television, the requirement to keep it would change somewhat. Since that is clearly outside of 'standard practice'. Or is that just another thing they are "really bad" at.

Seems like a bit of a headfake, no?
J. Walter Weatherman
BadMoonRisin said:

Fenrir said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Does that still count?

Notice the phrasing.

Record and keep.

and....keep.

So he didn't say they didn't have records of it or it wasnt recorded in the first place.

He said they weren't required to keep it.

I would assume if one did record it, knowing that a former President was almost assassinated on Live Television, the requirement to keep it would change somewhat. Since that is clearly outside of 'standard practice'. Or is that just another thing they are "really bad" at.

Seems like a bit of a headfake, no?

Not really in my opinion. Found a clip of the actual testimony if you'd like to watch, my summary wasn't exact.

Wording is a little awkward but this was his response.

"The radio traffic from Butler we did not have recordings."

"Do you normally?"

"Not on the road outside of DC or outside of a Presidential or Vice Presidential stop."

Then Johnson asks again if the SS saved them and Rowe responds with a no and then says the line about recording all communications from events moving forward.
J. Walter Weatherman
Thanks. Hadn't seen the updated version of this with all of the different timelines consolidated. Very helpful.
aggiehawg
AG
You are welcome.
Fenrir
I'm curious what the reasoning behind not recording and keeping communications is. That really seems like should be standard.
aggiehawg
AG
32 minutes in. Gary says the lead agent (SAIC) was a woman. He adds that the original plan for that day did not include counter sniper teams until she asked for them and got approval on Thursday evening before the rally on Saturday. Good listen.

RGLAG85
AG
aggiehawg said:

A bigger issue to me is that the SAIC (Special Agent in Charge) is still operational and not on leave, according Acting Director Rowe. A Secret Service agent with a can't fail mission, failed miserably resulting in a death, multple casualties including to that of high value protectee.

Just the mental anguish of that alone would affect one's concentration to do their job right now. Take a leave of absence. Or be put on a leave of absence, reassigned to a position not out in the field.
At this point, how would we know if he's mentally anguished or not? In light of all the information, I'm not willing to make that assumption.
aggiehawg
AG
37 minute mark of same video. Footage taken of the advance team at Butler. At that time there were no counter snipers approved so they were not there to select where they wanted to set up. That is usually their determination but since they were not assigned and did not arrive until Friday afternoon, they were rushed.
FireAg
AG
The next obvious question should have been "how often do you deny the presence of counter snipers at an outdoor event when the current or former POTUS is present, and there is an alleged "known threat" to their well being from a foreign nation?"
aggiehawg
AG
FireAg said:

The next obvious question should have been "how often do you deny the presence of counter snipers at an outdoor event when the current or former POTUS is present, and there is an alleged "known threat" to their well being from a foreign nation?"
Good question. According to Gary, she had to fight to get them approved and it happened late in the advance process. Barely a day before. Counter snipers do have their map of where other LEOs are supposed to be located but lack time to survey the area on their own, study those placements in relation to their designated vantage points.

Had the counter sniper teams been there from the beginning and been involved, perhaps there would not have been some hesitation in determining if a friendly was up there or not.

I also believe that's the reason she has not been fired because she fought for the counter sniper teams to be brought in. Who knows, maybe she had been asking for them all along but made one final push to get them approved?
aggiehawg
AG
RGLAG85 said:

aggiehawg said:

A bigger issue to me is that the SAIC (Special Agent in Charge) is still operational and not on leave, according Acting Director Rowe. A Secret Service agent with a can't fail mission, failed miserably resulting in a death, multple casualties including to that of high value protectee.

Just the mental anguish of that alone would affect one's concentration to do their job right now. Take a leave of absence. Or be put on a leave of absence, reassigned to a position not out in the field.
At this point, how would we know if he's mentally anguished or not? In light of all the information, I'm not willing to make that assumption.
The Hubs is retired firefighter. He's been to some pretty gnarly scenes from crispy critters, floaters who had been in the water for a long time and very bad car accidents where he was picking up different body parts to put them into a body bag. There was always some debrief of the responders for a PTSD check and further counseling and paid leave offered.

For SS, a failure this big has to be traumatizing. Hard to compartmentalize that as part of the job, like The Hubs could. That was her only job, to stop that from happening, not doing the cleaning up afterwards.
FireAg
AG
The answer to my question is "never"…

It is never denied in those situations…literally never…
WestAustinAg
AG
ShaggySLC
RGLAG85 said:

aggiehawg said:

No doubt, seems more like a MK Ultra type situation
whatthehey78
AG
Just a guess, but govt.'s investigation looking more and more like a psy-op.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
MarkTwain
Holy S*** so this was the Agent in Charge over Trump's detail and was the AIC of the forward planning team. The agent who didn't have the muscle memory instilled enough to properly holster her weapon? The person who instead of shielding the protectee was cowering behind the agents who were? FUBAR 100%

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Texas velvet maestro
lol. I'll say this. I don't think she was in on it.
BadMoonRisin
AG
I sure hope she was scrolling LinkedIn in that pic.
MarkTwain
Texas velvet maestro said:

lol. I'll say this. I don't think she was in on it.

Full agree, it was a combination of incompetence and complacency that was the root cause. That's a genuine look of fear and confusion.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Texas velvet maestro
...I mean, not as far as she knew. but it looks like a gallon of ice cream could help w her mental anguish.
BuddysBud
AG
MarkTwain said:

Holy S*** so this was the Agent in Charge over Trump's detail and was the AIC of the forward planning team. The agent who didn't have the muscle memory instilled enough to properly holster her weapon? The person who instead of shielding the protectee was cowering behind the agents who were? FUBAR 100%

Could it be?

Nah!

But if the agency put such competence in charge, a coverup to protect the reputation of the agency might be warranted.
RGLAG85
AG
aggiehawg said:

RGLAG85 said:

aggiehawg said:

The Hubs is retired firefighter. He's been to some pretty gnarly scenes from crispy critters, floaters who had been in the water for a long time and very bad car accidents where he was picking up different body parts to put them into a body bag. There was always some debrief of the responders for a PTSD check and further counseling and paid leave offered.

For SS, a failure this big has to be traumatizing. Hard to compartmentalize that as part of the job, like The Hubs could. That was her only job, to stop that from happening, not doing the cleaning up afterwards.

And I truly feel sympathy for your husband and first Responders that have to be on the scene of something they didn't facilitate or have any part of creating. They're there to clean up the graphic mess that was accidentally or stupidly created out of their control.

But when it's misstep after misstep after misstep and lie after lie after lie I don't have any sympathy for a situation they created either incompetently or possibly willfully. That's not a conspiracy theory, it's just adjudicating the recent history of our alphabets and their actions, stonewalling or cover ups. It doesn't take a village, just a village idiot whether unintentionally or not.

Again, I have a great deal of respect and sympathy for what your husband does and many that do the actual SS protection. They are often put in unenviable situations.
bobbranco
AG
Criticism of her is completely unfounded. She positioned herself between the shooter and the former President ready to take a bullet for the man. Very brave woman. Anybody would be jumpy through that ordeal. Plenty of men would get shaky hands.

It's stupid and dishonorable to criticize her.
HeardAboutPerio
AG
I have a friend who is USSS retired. Suffice it to say he was brought back to vet new applicants in this administration. Applicants were considered on paper- no physical measurements or pictures and once selected he was to conduct interviews of chosen applicants.

First interview was with a 5'8" 350lb guy. On paper, guy was great, in person it was obvious he would not meet the PT standards. Therefore, he did not recommend the person. Higher ups overruled this decision… his experiences with these types of applicants was not atypical for the next two years.

Had a lot to say about how they did things during his protective detail days and said it was a failure at multiple levels in this case. He's very disappointed in what the USSS has become of late. I don't want to say more specifics for fear of him being identifiable through details.
J. Walter Weatherman
MarkTwain said:

Is this being reported somewhere?
First Page Last Page
Page 172 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.