Shots fired at Trump [Keep it factual -- Staff]

821,776 Views | 6481 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by A is A
Secolobo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Decay said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Guitarsoup said:

Ronald Rowe (acting dir of usss has been upfront about this being a failure of the USSS and that it was indefensible that they didn't have the roof covered
And?

Well at least one person seems to actually care about sounding accountable. We got a resignation without even any real contrition from Cheatle
Listen to bongino. Says this guy is worse than Cheatle.
Ellis Wyatt
Decay said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Guitarsoup said:

Ronald Rowe (acting dir of usss has been upfront about this being a failure of the USSS and that it was indefensible that they didn't have the roof covered
And?

Well at least one person seems to actually care about sounding accountable. We got a resignation without even any real contrition from Cheatle
But what are they going to do about it?

We get lots of "contrition" from all these federal agencies. No one actually pays any price for their incompetence/malfeasance.

Is Rowe the one who repeatedly denied additional security to Trump?

Who put Trump on the stage with an assassin walking around?
nortex97
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

…and left him on stage for 20 minutes, including at least 6 minutes with local police swarming the building and several minutes or at least 30 seconds with the local crowd yelling about the guy on the roof having a gun.
aggiehawg
AG
USSS drones depend solely on local cellular bandwidth? No starlink?
Guitarsoup
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Decay said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Guitarsoup said:

And?

We get lots of "contrition" from all these federal agencies. No one actually pays any price for their incompetence/malfeasance.

Literally no one knew he had a gun or was an assassin until right before the shots were fired, so when he was walking around, he was just a suspicious person
Guitarsoup
AG
aggiehawg said:

Yeah, that's absolutely crazy. He said it wasn't like that when he was an agent in protective service
Ellis Wyatt
Guitarsoup said:

Literally no one knew he had a gun or was an assassin until right before the shots were fired, so when he was walking around, he was just a suspicious person
The guy with a backpack (with a gun inside) and a range finder that hundreds of people were watching? Why? How come no one stopped and searched him?

He was literally an assassin. This could very easily have been prevented if someone had wanted to prevent it.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Guitarsoup said:

The guy with a backpack (with a gun inside) and a range finder that hundreds of people were watching? Why? How come no one stopped and searched him?

He was literally an assassin. This could very easily have been prevented if someone had wanted to prevent it.

He was not an assassin when he was walking around, he was a suspicious person. They had 8-12 cops trying to find him on the video I posted earlier today. You are using 20/20 hindsight with knowledge the police didn't have as the time

aggiehawg
AG
I have another possibly stupid question but for communication issues, why would police scanners not work?
Guitarsoup
AG
aggiehawg said:

I have another possibly stupid question but for communication issues, why would police scanners not work?

Encryption
Guitarsoup
AG
USSS director said that the protocol was only DC communications were recorded, but he has ordered that all communication be recorded going forward
aggiehawg
AG
Guitarsoup said:

aggiehawg said:

Encryption
Local PD and Sheriffs use encryption?
ballchain
Guitarsoup said:

aggiehawg said:

Yeah, that's absolutely crazy. He said it wasn't like that when he was an agent in protective service

The FAA regulation for "RemoteID" of drones went into effect in March and requires a cell connection or your drone won't fly. One would assume the USSS has other equipment, but maybe not.
Guitarsoup
AG
aggiehawg said:

Guitarsoup said:

aggiehawg said:

Encryption
Local PD and Sheriffs use encryption?

Not for main channels, but they often do for special channels like SWAT/snipers/hostage
Guitarsoup
AG
The rifle didn't fit inside the backpack unless it was disassembled.

They have video of his returning to his car at 5:56pm then returned to the agr building
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Decay said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Guitarsoup said:

And?

I mean I'd hope so…since he's the one who denied the counter sniper teams until the day before the event meaning they couldn't evaluate the sight and set a proper plan and adjust the perimeter to include and cover those roof tops.

Also rumor trumps detail has been declined CS coverage unless it was within driving distance of DC where they're based.
Guitarsoup
AG
Only thing that was communicated to secret service was "suspicious person"

No communications received by SS rise to level of delaying or stopping the event
Schneider Electric
The idea that the shooter was not seen with a gun prior to shooting and that this fact absolves the USSS from any wrongdoing is so freaking ignorant it really illustrates how uninformed the people that posit this are.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Pathetic
El Gallo Blanco
nortex97 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

…and left him on stage for 20 minutes, including at least 6 minutes with local police swarming the building and several minutes or at least 30 seconds with the local crowd yelling about the guy on the roof having a gun.
THIS. My goodness, it's not like you even have to cancel the event, just postpone it a bit or hit pause briefly while you assess and investigate the very possible threat. It's still unbelievable to me.
aggiehawg
AG
Guitarsoup said:

No communications received by SS rise to level of delaying or stopping the event
Should the protectee's team and the protectee themselves be told that though?
Guitarsoup
AG
Schneider Electric said:

The idea that the shooter was not seen with a gun prior to shooting and that this fact absolves the USSS from any wrongdoing is so freaking ignorant it really illustrates how uninformed the people that posit this are.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Pathetic

Take it to the conspiracy theory thread. From all current video and knowledge, the first time police knew there was a gun was when the police looked over the roof and he aimed at them, seconds before the shots were taken
Guitarsoup
AG
aggiehawg said:

Guitarsoup said:

Should the protectee's team and the protectee themselves be told that though?

He wasn't the only suspicious person at the event and suspicious people at events are apparently common.

Guitarsoup
AG
ballchain said:

Guitarsoup said:

aggiehawg said:

The FAA regulation for "RemoteID" of drones went into effect in March and requires a cell connection or your drone won't fly. One would assume the USSS has other equipment, but maybe not.

Only applies to drones heavier than 249 grams.

This very common and inexpensive drone is under 249g and costs $299.

https://www.dji.com/mobile/mini-4-pro?site=brandsite&from=homepage

I have the older version.

Rowe said they have technical security measures to take care of unknown drones.

Have ability in temporary fashion, but the things they had had technical difficulties and did not go operational until 5pm
ballchain
Guitarsoup said:

ballchain said:

Guitarsoup said:

aggiehawg said:

I doubt the USSS would use a sub-reg drone due to lack of features, but more bizarre things have happened. The crooks kid? Perhaps.
Guitarsoup
AG
ballchain said:

Guitarsoup said:

ballchain said:

Guitarsoup said:

aggiehawg said:

I doubt the USSS would use a sub-reg drone due to lack of features, but more bizarre things have happened. The crooks kid? Perhaps.

Yes, I'm saying the kid could easily use a drone that doesn't use that ID. I use a drone that doesn't use that ID
Ramdiesel
Guitarsoup said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Decay said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Guitarsoup said:

And?

When someone climbs on a roof that is not covered, and there are many eye witnesses pointing it out to the local police, he is more than a suspicious person at that point. That's a serious threat whether you know if he has a gun or not. They all should have been communicating and got Trump off the stage immediately until they actually found this guy on the roof...They had time, complete communication break down..
Touchless
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Guitarsoup said:

And?
And it was.
JFABNRGR
AG
From the briefing SS drone did not work due to bandwith but shooters drone did. SS had no explanation as to why. Then he said SS drone became operational about 5pm. This should trigger a bunch of questions.

Also the total numbers of LEA and SS personnel is very deceiving without a breakdown and schedule.

Holy **** the comms comments a total lie on integrating comms.
Guitarsoup
AG
JFABNRGR said:

From the briefing SS drone did not work due to bandwith but shooters drone did. SS had no explanation as to why. Then he said SS drone became operational about 5pm. This should trigger a bunch of questions.

Also the total numbers of LEA and SS personnel is very deceiving without a breakdown and schedule.

The kid used his drone before 4pm, I think he said.

The Secret service didn't use a drone but their anti drone technology didn't go online until 5pm.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ramdiesel said:

Guitarsoup said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Decay said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Guitarsoup said:

And?

When someone climbs on a roof that is not covered, and there are many eye witnesses pointing it out to the local police, he is more than a suspicious person at that point. That's a serious threat whether you know if he has a gun or not. They all should have been communicating and got Trump off the stage immediately until they actually found this guy on the roof...They had time, complete communication break down..

I agree, everyone said today there were major communication break downs. The kid seen on the roof with a gun with people pointing him out out seemed to happen not long before the shots fired out
El Gallo Blanco
Guitarsoup said:

JFABNRGR said:

The kid used his drone before 4pm, I think he said.

The Secret service didn't use a drone but their anti drone technology didn't go online until 5pm.
This kid was a f'n pro. Like a low T incel Jason Bourne. Did everything right, to perfection. Head turn away from successful assassination and being a lifelong hero to the vast majority of the left. Crazy how smart and extraordinarily capable he was. He knew all of our weaknesses and capitalized. Plus, home scrubbed, no online footprint. Encrypted devices. Real life Jason F'ing Bourne.
pdc093
This briefing (or whatever it is), is unnerving.
The pols seem to know SIGNIFICANTLY more than the Directors they are QUESTIONING.
The security and reverence I've had for these agencies in my 65 years is shaken.
Wow.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Which idiot decided that you can protect the President or anyone from INSIDE a building?
Guitarsoup
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

Which idiot decided that you can protect the President or anyone from INSIDE a building?

Let's not forget the roof had a slope AND was hot.
aggiehawg
AG
pdc093 said:

This briefing (or whatever it is), is unnerving.
The pols seem to know SIGNIFICANTLY more than the Directors they are QUESTIONING.
The security and reverence I've had for these agencies in my 65 years is shaken.
Wow.

I said early on that the state agencies from PA would be a much better immediate source than the feds. That's where nearly all of the info the Senators have came from the state agencies.
First Page Last Page
Page 165 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.