Trump could be arrested after debate

4,149 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by techno-ag
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://nypost.com/2024/06/25/us-news/gag-order-in-classified-docs-case-may-lead-to-trumps-arrest-after-debate-with-biden-lawyer-says/

Quote:

Former President Donald Trump could be arrested immediately following Thursday's debate with President Biden if a South Florida federal judge approves a gag order sought by federal prosecutors in the classified documents case against the ex-commander-in-chief, one of Trump's defense attorneys has claimed.

Todd Blanche argued Monday in Fort Pierce, Fla., federal court that the speech restrictions sought by special counsel Jack Smith "would be extremely chilling to President Trump and what he's allowed to say."

If approved, Blanche added, Smith's team could "get an arrest warrant" if Trump, 78, says anything during the CNN debate that is deemed to violate the order, Politico reported.

I doubt it but I'm not surprised their TDS is that strong. If this happens Trump is almost guaranteed a huge bump in the polls as well as fundraising.

Just ridiculous.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

annie88
AG
**** them. Do it.

The fact that the presidential candidate cannot say whatever the **** he wants to at a presidential debate is so un-American it is hard to fathom. So if they wanna **** around and find out, let them.
captkirk
AG
I hope they try
normalhorn
Stasi, plain and simple.
...take it easy on me, I'm a normal horn
BigRobSA
LOL

That would be hilariously stupid on their part. Now, not only have they outed themselves as political activists but they might actually make people, that wouldn't atch a debate, watch a debate. They'd watch, waiting for the hilarity to ensue. I don't think Team Biden wants more eyes on the debate.
TXAggie2011
AG
If she grants the gag order, then the Government asks for an arrest warrant, and she grants the arrest warrant, then sure, he "could be arrested."

But there's no indication any of that is at all likely, despite Trump's attorney doing his best parade of horribles of what "could" happen.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
He should request they arrest him on stage.
TexAgs91
AG
Go for it. I'm sure Trump could use the extra $300 million
Fight! Fight! Fight!
ttu_85
Funky Winkerbean said:

Yep which is exactly way this isn't going to happen. This shame NY trail has already backfired big time. If the D'rats are stupid enough to do this and further compound the backlash then it will mark the beginning of their end.

Ellis Wyatt
TXAggie2011 said:

If she grants the gag order, then the Government asks for an arrest warrant, and she grants the arrest warrant, then sure, he "could be arrested."
Period. End of post.
fixer
I hope they do.

Officially jailing political rivals will be an undeniable step towards Soviet style politics. The left will own this for generations.
Ellis Wyatt
fixer said:

I hope they do.

Officially jailing political rivals will be an undeniable step towards Soviet style politics. The left will own this for generations.
I'm not sure how anyone can deny it now.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
ttu_85 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Yep which is exactly way this isn't going to happen. This shame NY trail has already backfired big time. If the D'rats are stupid enough to do this and further compound the backlash then it will mark the beginning of their end.

The stupidity of the Democrat is limitless. Nothing surprises me anymore.
AgNav93
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

ttu_85 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

The stupidity of the Democrat is limitless. Nothing surprises me anymore.
The one's who pull the strings are not stupid. They may miscalculate once in a while. But they are not stupid. Now, their, base, those are the stupid one's.
PCC_80
AG
Actually, I expect that the Dems/Libs will arrest Trump about 5mins before the debate is to begin. That way Brandon does not have to debate.
Sims
AG
fixer said:

I hope they do.

That's not a step in the direction...that's the top of the roller coaster when the clicking stops, everyone puts their hands up in the air and starts screaming. No stopping that train.
Logos Stick
In prison or not, I'm voting Trump.

He can run the executive branch from jail for all I care.
Im Gipper
LOL

What a joke of an article! "News"

I'm Gipper
BlueTaze
If Trump gets arrested after debate, his poll numbers will go way up.
sleepybeagle
AG
Please don't throw me in the briar patch!

Texas velvet maestro
Logos Stick said:

Ultimate Prison Shot Caller (the series)
Biz Ag
AG
TDS has morphed into outright Gestapo tactics. Somewhere in hell Heinrich Mueller is grinning from ear to ear.
Ag with kids
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

But there's no indication any of that is at all likely, despite Trump's attorney doing his best parade of horribles of what "could" happen.
As opposed to Jack Smith's "best parade of horribles of what "could" happen."

rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
justcallmeharry
S
A partial gag order is in place.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ny-v-trump-judge-merchan-partially-lifts-gag-order-former-president

"Judge Juan Merchan has partially lifted the gag order he imposed against former President Trump weeks after the jury found him guilty on all counts.

"Merchan's gag order barred Trump from making or directing others to make public statements about witnesses with regard to their potential participation or about counsel in the case other than Bragg or about court staff, DA staff or family members of staff.

Merchan on Tuesday partially lifted the gag order because the trial has concluded.

Trump is now able to speak about protected witnesses and jurors."
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
this would be arguably the dumbest move by the democratic party since at least yesterday. so i kind of expect it at this point.
2023NCAggies
justcallmeharry said:

A partial gag order is in place.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ny-v-trump-judge-merchan-partially-lifts-gag-order-former-president

"Judge Juan Merchan has partially lifted the gag order he imposed against former President Trump weeks after the jury found him guilty on all counts.

"Merchan's gag order barred Trump from making or directing others to make public statements about witnesses with regard to their potential participation or about counsel in the case other than Bragg or about court staff, DA staff or family members of staff.

Merchan on Tuesday partially lifted the gag order because the trial has concluded.

Trump is now able to speak about protected witnesses and jurors."
Different case
doubledog
Impossible my liberal friends tell me there is no such thing as Lawfare.

aggiehawg
AG
doubledog said:

Vexatious litigation has been around forever but was generally restricted to civil suits.

But using the vast power and unending resources of the state against American citizens for political speech has taken it to another level.
BluHorseShu
AG
rocky the dog said:

Quote:

Interesting how they depict a Trump voter in an anti Biden cartoon. Intentional?
BluHorseShu
AG
doubledog said:

Lawfare is just the mot du jour. Its been done by many administrations in the past.
taxpreparer
AG
Gag orders that do not address classified information or NDAs should be unconstitutional infringements of the 1st Amendment.
one safe place
The democrats should just go ahead and all wear arm bands like those in Germany did.
techno-ag
AG
BluHorseShu said:

doubledog said:

Lawfare is just the mot du jour. It's been done by many administrations in the past.

Link?
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.