Joe and Jill use their homes as an ATM: 35 times over the years?

6,563 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by akm91
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

• POTUS and first lady refinanced their two homes 35 times over the years
  • Current Wilmington house has outstanding $541k loan 28 years after purchase

Quote:

The president has lived in two houses in his home state since 1975, when he bought his first property in Wilmington that he later sold in the late 1990s.

But records obtained by DailyMail.com show the couple have had a habit of negotiating a new mortgage or credit deal on both homes every 17 months.

Over the decades the Bidens have borrowed a total of $6million on both properties - and there's still an outstanding $541,000 mortgage on their current three-bed, 4.5 bath Wilmington mansion nearly three decades after they bought it.
Quote:

According to the documents, the president and first lady purchased their current four-acre lot for $350,000 in March 1996 but have since saddled it with 20 different home credit agreements and mortgages totaling $4.23million.
Quote:

Their previous five-bed, 2.5 bath home in the same town was purchased for $185,000 in 1975 - and sold controversially for $1.2million in 1996.

Records show the property had a total of 15 mortgages and lines of credit attached to it.

The Bidens also own a summer home in Rehoboth Beach, which they scooped up in in June 2017 for $2,744,001, according to Sussex County public records.
Quote:

1209 Barley Mill Rd, purchased for $350k in March 1996
1. 21 Jul 1997 - Beneficial National Bank - $400,000 [PAID - 20 Nov 1997, construction mortgage]
2. 20 Oct 1997 - Beneficial National Bank - $499,900 [PAID - 26 Feb 1998, construction mortgage]

3. 24 Nov 1997 - Beneficial National Bank - $134,070.27 [PAID - 8 Jul 1999]
4. 27 Feb 1998 - Chase Manhattan Mortgage Corp - $550,000 [PAID - 25 Aug 2003]
5. 6 May 1998 - Beneficial National Bank - $94,450.04 [PAID - 11 Oct 2002]
6. 16 Jul 1999 - Commerce Bank - $35,000
[PAID - 6 Nov 2000, line of credit]
7. 18 Sep 2000 - Commerce Bank - $80,000 [PAID - 31 Jan 2003, line of credit]
8. 18 Oct 2002 - Commerce Bank - $143,600 [PAID - 18 Sep 2003]
9. 11 Jan 2003 - Commerce Bank - $20,000 [PAID - 17 Oct 2003, line of credit, then extended to $30,000 on 7 Jun 2003]
10. 5 Aug 2003 - Wilmington Savings Fund Society - $649,000 [PAID 3 Apr 2013, balloon rider attached, mortgage modified on 20 Jul 2010 to $564,442.91]
11. 5 Aug 2003 - Wilmington Savings Fund Society - $99,000 [PAID - 31 Mar 2005, line of credit]
12. 11 Feb 2005 - Wilmington Savings Fund Society - $149,000 [PAID - 3 Apr 2013, line of credit]

13. 3 Mar 2010 - Wilmington Savings Fund Society - $10,000 [PAID - 11 Jul 2011, line of credit]
14. 10 Jun 2011 - Wilmington Savings Fund Society - $45,000 [PAID - 6 Feb 2012, line of credit]
15. 4 Jan 2012 - Wilmington Savings Fund Society - $95,000 [PAID - 17 Aug 2012, line of credit]
16. 16 Jul 2012 - Wilmington Savings Fund Society - $115,000 [PAID - 3 Apr 2013, line of credit]
17. 28 Jan 2013 - TD Bank - $541,150
OUTSTANDING
18. 28 Jan 2013 - TD Bank - $260,000 [PAID 18 Mar 2014, line of credit]
19. 19 Feb 2014 - TD Bank - $300,000 [PAID 11 Dec 2018, line of credit]
TOTAL: $4,230,170.31 19 mortgages/lines of credit and one credit extension
Taking their current home first, a year after buying it in 1996, they took out two construction home loans in 1997 totaling $899,900 to build the property from scratch, records show.
LINK

Uhmm, who is paying on those loans? That should have been an awful lot of costs and fees for each transaction, in my view. Then again if someone else has been paying the loans for them? Hunter, maybe?

Way to launder money? Joe really does not understand much about financial matters, it would appear. After all he sold his own driveway off to others, twice.
techno-ag
AG
10% for the big guy.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Fireman
AG
You need an excuse where the 10% tribute is coming from......these deals help mask the dollars coming in and out of his accounts.
combat wombat™
AG
I bet you he's getting sweetheart deals and having fees waived.
fightingfarmer09
aggiehawg
AG
combat wombat said:

And apparently zero appraisals to justify the loan to value ratio.
BlueTaze
This is another distraction. A new shiney object for conservatives to waste their time on, so that less focus is put on real Biden corruption (ie China, Ukraine, etc.).
Rongagin71
AG
aggiehawg said:

combat wombat said:

This screams corruption...I don't know that his loans were paid off by big corps in return for legal favors, but it needs to be investigated.
Edit to add - what if the loans were paid off by Chinese entities?
aggiehawg
AG
Rongagin71 said:

aggiehawg said:

combat wombat said:

This screams corruption...I don't know that his loans were paid off by big corps in return for legal favors, but it needs to be investigated.
In light of the recent Trump trial regarding valuations of his properties, this stinks to high heaven.
annie88
AG
I've owned three homes in 28 years and have never refinanced.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
aggiehawg
AG
annie88 said:

I've owned three homes in 28 years and have never refinanced.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I refinanced once in nearly 30 years. Refinanced the lake house once in 24 years before we sold it a few months back.
bmks270
AG
This is definitely bizarre.
BigRobSA
He has always had a stutter!!!!!1
Central Committee
AG
Close to half of these look like simple draws/payments on a HELOC, so that part does not phase me. That said, it gives the appearance that someone is either VERY high maintenance on doing home improvements, or is bad at managing their own finances.

Ms. Hawg appropriately raises the question on who is making the debt service payments. I think we all can guess but the public should know who owns and runs the POTATUS.

And FJB and the evil doctor-wannabe that keep him propped up.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
How very Thomas Jefferson of him.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Tramp96
combat wombat said:

Ag87H2O
AG
aggiehawg said:

combat wombat said:

Where are all the Soros backed Attorney Generals when you need one.
doubledog
Money laundering 101... Thanks Joe for the head's up.

Tramp96
doubledog said:

Money laundering 101... Thanks Joe for the head's up.

Humble brag by doubledog.

I wish I had money to be laundered.
aggiehawg
AG
So about the Wilmington Savings Fund Society?

Quote:

Since 2008, more than 450 banks have gone into FDIC receivership. But some banks came out of the recession stronger than before. WSFS, a 41-branch retail bank based in Delaware, is one of them.
Quote:

Mark Turner, WSFS CEO and president, attributes this success to the bank's culture. "Associate engagement is part of our strategy, and it's what makes us different," Turner says. Since 2008, WSFS has hired nearly 300 associates, increasing its staff by 50%, and exited the TARP program.
Quote:

When branch managers go to their quarterly regional meetings, they talk about how their branches and region did financially, which are lagging indicators of success, but they also talk about engagement and their impact plans, which are leading indicators. We have very aggressive impact plans -- that is, plans created by associates to improve engagement -- and we hold ourselves accountable to them. If you do that for 12 years, you make great progress, and you build a common culture and get rid of a lot of differences.

And we do little things like nametags too. Six or seven years ago, everybody in the bank started wearing a nametag. It seemed a bit out of character for a bank, but people are much more willing to engage you in a conversation if they know your name. Nametags are conversation starters, and when conversations happen, good things happen. Problems get solved, differences get eliminated, opportunities get pursued. Little things like that reinforce and operationalize our strategy and our mission on a daily basis.
How would you explain why those things matter to the kind of numbers-driven CFO you used to be?
Turner: The advice I'd offer is, look at the data. Look at the Q12 meta-analysis, which clearly points to what I think most people know in their heart -- that people who love to come to work, work better. If the workplace aligns with what they want to do personally and professionally -- if they take an ownership interest and not just a "punch-the-time-card" interest in what they do every day -- they will be more productive, and they will create an environment where the people around them can be more productive and more service oriented. If you're in the service business, that will translate to more seamless, consistent, above-and-beyond service to customers, which will create customers who want to do business with you, then want to do more business with you, and who are willing to pay for it because they value the relationship.
To those people who might be skeptics, I'd tell them to look back 10 years. Look at the top players in our marketplace; seven of the top 10 names are not around anymore. They either were forced to combine with somebody else or they went out of business entirely, and their name, their brand, and their legacy -- sometimes 100 years of legacy -- were eliminated. If you would have asked people in our marketplace 10 years ago how many banks would last for another decade, no one would have thought that only three institutions would survive, because there were a lot of long-lasting, very strong names then, and it's unlikely WSFS would have been picked as a survivor. I believe our 10-year journey of engagement and customer advocacy has sustained us through a difficult time.
LINK

Seems this bank is FDIC and has been on an acquisition binge the last ten years.
aggiehawg
AG
Even during the refi frenzy of the early 2000s, I saw some serial refinancers, every three to four years when the interest rates justified the upfront fees but nothing like that.

It could also be explained that Joe and Jill do not know how to manage money. A flaw they passed down to Hunter, apparently.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
I have to question why the release of this info now? Seems like one side of DNC wants Biden under the heat.
Squadron7
AG
And we must know that in each of these refi transactions that Biden never, ever held out a higher appraisal value to the bank than did the bank itself.

That is very, very bad we are assurred.
aggiehawg
AG
One other thing I stumbled across is that Delaware has very very lax laws about setting up LLCs with a minimum of required disclosures. Given Hunter's penchant for creating multiple shell companies, have to wonder how those could be tied to this financial activity?
HDeathstar
After presidency, someone foreign will buy his house for 3 times the amount of comparable properties
Tramp96
aggiehawg said:

One other thing I stumbled across is that Delaware has very very lax laws about setting up LLCs with a minimum of required disclosures. Given Hunter's penchant for creating multiple shell companies, have to wonder how those could be tied to this financial activity?
I listened to a podcast not too long ago that talked about the uniqueness of Delaware in terms of financial laws, LLC's, etc. Talked about the history of major financial institutions setting up shop in that state for those reasons, and then made connections to the Bidens' family history in that state.

I wish I could find it. It's been a few months.
Gator92
AG
aggiehawg said:

That and corporations as well.

Also interesting that Fed Bankruptcy Court is in Delaware....
aggiehawg
AG
Tramp96 said:

aggiehawg said:

I listened to a podcast not too long ago that talked about the uniqueness of Delaware in terms of financial laws, LLC's, etc. Talked about the history of major financial institutions setting up shop in that state for those reasons, and then made connections to the Bidens' family history in that state.

I wish I could find it. It's been a few months.
Let me put it this way. It is easier, meaning less documentation, to set up questionable and shady LLCs and other entities in Delaware than it is in the Caymans. Why Delaware is the choice for money launderers. Can stack shells upon shells upon shells.

Now, could a forensic account wade in and tie those back to some or all of the debt service on these multiple loans? Possibly but without adequate documentation since it is not required in Delaware? Not a lot f dots to connect without that paper trail.

But my question goes back to the FDIC. Where we they when all of these loans were being originated? Did these go through the banks' proper loan committees? Were any of the SARs reports out of 200, related to these wires/debt service?

But this is Delaware. Weiss is US Attorney there.Will any of this be touched upon in Hunter's tax evasion trial?
Gator92
AG
The Delaware Divisions of Corporations has an answer...

Quote:

Why Choose Delaware as Your Corporate Home?

More than 1.1 million business entities have their legal home in Delaware including more than 55% of all U.S. publicly-traded companies and 65% of the Fortune 500. Businesses choose Delaware because we provide a complete package of incorporation services including modern and flexible corporate laws, our highly-respected Court of Chancery, a business-friendly State Government, and the customer service oriented Staff of the Delaware Division of Corporations.
https://icis.corp.delaware.gov/eCorp/

They even have a slick pdf brochure that explains it.

https://corpfiles.delaware.gov/whycorporations_web.pdf
FTAC2011
AG
Biden is an idiot.. however, refinancing your home to pull out cash tax free to invest in other real estate or business deals is an extremely common investment strategy.

It's literally the principle of BRRRR investing in real estate
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I'd like to know what percentage of our government is NOT corrupt.
Logos Stick
FTAC2011 said:

Biden is an idiot.. however, refinancing your home to pull out cash tax free to invest in other real estate or business deals is an extremely common investment strategy.

What other business deals and real estate purchases did Biden do? His tax forms don't show anything afaik.
FTAC2011
AG
You don't have to do business deals I'm just giving examples of why to cash out refinance

The principal of this discussion (the cash out refi)… there is nothing wrong with it. What he did with the money could very possibly be wrong.
richardag
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

• POTUS and first lady refinanced their two homes 35 times over the years
  • Current Wilmington house has outstanding $541k loan 28 years after purchase

Quote:

…,,,(deleted to save space)
LINK

Uhmm, who is paying on those loans? That should have been an awful lot of costs and fees for each transaction, in my view. Then again if someone else has been paying the loans for them? Hunter, maybe?

Way to launder money? Joe really does not understand much about financial matters, it would appear. After all he sold his own driveway off to others, twice.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
aggiehawg
AG
FTAC2011 said:

He has no other real estate. And according to his "reported" tax returns, few investments. A mutual fund but not much else...on paper.

But don't ignore the timing on these. Only a few months apart in many cases. That is just a very suspicious pattern and for those who have gone through the process of application, approval, funding of loan after loan after loan, that's supposed to be a lot of work with updated financial information each time.

Can't just keep handing them old appraisals and old financial statements. Unless one is a US Senator, apparently.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.